New California Laws for 2014 (Part 33)
SHARE with Friend
Part 33 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes employee withholding, breastfeeding, gangs database, ev charging stations, surface mining and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 33
- SB 0390 Ch. 718 Employee wage withholdings: failure to remit.
- SB 0392 Ch. 346 Fish and Game Code: game birds and waterfowl.
- SB 0400 Ch. 759 Employment protections: victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
- SB 0401 Ch. 212 Administrative practices.
- SB 0402 Ch. 666 Breastfeeding.
- SB 0407 Ch. 213 Local government: officers and employees: contracts.
- SB 0416 Ch. 468 Surplus residential property.
- SB 0425 Ch. 252 Public works: the Public Works Peer Review Act of 2013.
- SB 0426 Ch. 65 Civil procedure: deficiency judgments.
- SB 0427 Ch. 256 Vessels: equipment requirements: personal flotation devices.
- SB 0429 Ch. 214 San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority Act.
- SB 0435 Ch. 719 Compensation: meal and rest or recovery periods.
- SB 0436 Ch. 416 * Port Hueneme Beach shoreline protection.
- SB 0440 Ch. 720 Public postsecondary education: Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act.
- SB 0442 Ch. 253 State Board of Equalization: erroneous charges.
- SB 0447 Ch. 417 Surface mining operations.
- SB 0454 Ch. 418 Public resources: electric vehicle charging stations.
- SB 0457 Ch. 165 Vessels: collisions and accidents.
- SB 0458 Ch. 797 Gangs: statewide database.
- SB 0459 Ch. 437 Vehicle retirement: low-income motor vehicle owners.
- SB 0460 Ch. 667 Prenatal testing program: education.
- SB 0462 Ch. 142 Employment: compensation.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.29.14)Roseville, CA - The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 29, 2014.
Different Standards From Mortgage LendersJulie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, reports on a recent Fannie Mae survey which indicates there may be a growing difference in credit standards between small and large lenders. Which do you think has the tighter credit standards? Check out Julie's article and find out.
PCWA Comments on Bay Delta Conservation PlanDrought Watch: PCWA expresses concern about future water supply reliability for Placer County and claims EIR fails to consider key issues.
Honor Bowl Games at Del Oro August 2014ROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University announced today that it will serve as a sponsor for the Northern and Southern California 2014 Honor Bowl football games.
Tahoe Bike Classic Sept. 27 & 28The inaugural Tahoe Bike Classic will take over the Lake Tahoe basin this fall, September 27 & 28, 2014.
Lake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14thArguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents JailedAshleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer DriversLocal gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New MembersThe Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental ReviewWith the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research AwardsResearch could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and EntrepreneursIt's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system