New California Laws for 2014 (Part 33)
Part 33 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes employee withholding, breastfeeding, gangs database, ev charging stations, surface mining and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 33
- SB 0390 Ch. 718 Employee wage withholdings: failure to remit.
- SB 0392 Ch. 346 Fish and Game Code: game birds and waterfowl.
- SB 0400 Ch. 759 Employment protections: victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
- SB 0401 Ch. 212 Administrative practices.
- SB 0402 Ch. 666 Breastfeeding.
- SB 0407 Ch. 213 Local government: officers and employees: contracts.
- SB 0416 Ch. 468 Surplus residential property.
- SB 0425 Ch. 252 Public works: the Public Works Peer Review Act of 2013.
- SB 0426 Ch. 65 Civil procedure: deficiency judgments.
- SB 0427 Ch. 256 Vessels: equipment requirements: personal flotation devices.
- SB 0429 Ch. 214 San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority Act.
- SB 0435 Ch. 719 Compensation: meal and rest or recovery periods.
- SB 0436 Ch. 416 * Port Hueneme Beach shoreline protection.
- SB 0440 Ch. 720 Public postsecondary education: Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act.
- SB 0442 Ch. 253 State Board of Equalization: erroneous charges.
- SB 0447 Ch. 417 Surface mining operations.
- SB 0454 Ch. 418 Public resources: electric vehicle charging stations.
- SB 0457 Ch. 165 Vessels: collisions and accidents.
- SB 0458 Ch. 797 Gangs: statewide database.
- SB 0459 Ch. 437 Vehicle retirement: low-income motor vehicle owners.
- SB 0460 Ch. 667 Prenatal testing program: education.
- SB 0462 Ch. 142 Employment: compensation.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRob McAllister Joins Halldin Public RelationsROCKLIN - Longtime Sacramento news reporter Rob McAllister, who became well known for his reporting at both KFBK 1530 radio and KOVR CBS 13 television in Sacramento
Roseville Burglars Evade PoliceRoseville, CA - Police officers searched the Crescendo Drive area extensively today after a resident reported an attempted burglary
Newcastle Resident Elected Region Governor of SoroptomistJacqueline "Jackie" DeMartini, of Newcastle, California is serving a two-year term as Sierra Nevada Region Governor of Soroptimist, an international volunteer organization for women.
10 Year Old Girl Abducted in CarmichaelAt approximately 3:00AM, an unknown white male adult entered a residence through an unlocked door and removed a child under the age of ten years old from the residence against her will.
Writing Your Life Story Workshop September 13thBud Gardner, co-author of Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul, part of the New York Times best-selling series, will conduct a workshop, How to Write Your Life Story, on Saturday, Sept. 13th
Jessup Gala to Celebrate 75th Anniversary on September 20thROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University will host the Jessup Gala on Saturday, September 20 from 6-9 p.m. The dinner and program festivities raise funds for student scholarships.
Brandman University Adding Roseville LocationRoseville,CA -- Brandman University will be locating at 400 Sunrise Blvd. The 9,182 square foot tenant improvement is valued at over $300,000.
Roseville California Crime Brief (8.31.14)Roseville, CA - Roseville California crime brief update report for August 31, 2014.
Acura ILX: Luxury Vehicle, Reasonable PriceFor car shoppers looking for an upscale luxury sedan that doesn't arrive with a luxurious price tag, Acura debuted the ILX a year ago and its back for 2014 virtually unchanged
People with Autism Especially VulnerablePerhaps like you, recently I read of an incident in Okeechobee, Florida, in which an 18-year-old man was recorded on video beating, choking, kicking, and holding a knife to the throat of a 16-year-old boy with autism.
54 Year Old Roseville Woman Killed with Own VehicleRoseville- 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson was killed when her SUV rolled backwards as she was retrieving a bicycle from her 1997 Ford Explorer.
Photos: Napa Earthquake DamageWe recently had the opportunity to tour Napa following the magnitude 6.0 earthquake. The downtown area of Napa which contains many older buildings was hit especially hard.