New California Laws for 2014 (Part 33)
Part 33 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes employee withholding, breastfeeding, gangs database, ev charging stations, surface mining and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 33
- SB 0390 Ch. 718 Employee wage withholdings: failure to remit.
- SB 0392 Ch. 346 Fish and Game Code: game birds and waterfowl.
- SB 0400 Ch. 759 Employment protections: victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
- SB 0401 Ch. 212 Administrative practices.
- SB 0402 Ch. 666 Breastfeeding.
- SB 0407 Ch. 213 Local government: officers and employees: contracts.
- SB 0416 Ch. 468 Surplus residential property.
- SB 0425 Ch. 252 Public works: the Public Works Peer Review Act of 2013.
- SB 0426 Ch. 65 Civil procedure: deficiency judgments.
- SB 0427 Ch. 256 Vessels: equipment requirements: personal flotation devices.
- SB 0429 Ch. 214 San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority Act.
- SB 0435 Ch. 719 Compensation: meal and rest or recovery periods.
- SB 0436 Ch. 416 * Port Hueneme Beach shoreline protection.
- SB 0440 Ch. 720 Public postsecondary education: Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act.
- SB 0442 Ch. 253 State Board of Equalization: erroneous charges.
- SB 0447 Ch. 417 Surface mining operations.
- SB 0454 Ch. 418 Public resources: electric vehicle charging stations.
- SB 0457 Ch. 165 Vessels: collisions and accidents.
- SB 0458 Ch. 797 Gangs: statewide database.
- SB 0459 Ch. 437 Vehicle retirement: low-income motor vehicle owners.
- SB 0460 Ch. 667 Prenatal testing program: education.
- SB 0462 Ch. 142 Employment: compensation.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesProposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.
Roseville Physician Elected to TMPG Chair of the BoardChris Palkowski, MD, has been elected chair of the board of directors of The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG), the governing board of the largest medical group in the nation with 8,000 physicians serving 3.4 million