New California Laws for 2014 (Part 34)
Part 34 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes sentencing, gambling, pos systems, tax preparers, health care providers and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 34
- SB 0463 Ch. 508 Sentencing.
- SB 0465 Ch. 429 Packaging and labeling: containers: slack fill.
- SB 0468 Ch. 683 Developmental services: statewide Self-Determination Program.
- SB 0470 Ch. 659 Community development: economic opportunity.
- SB 0472 Ch. 760 Gaming: licenses.
- SB 0476 Ch. 347 Insurance: special assessments.
- SB 0482 Ch. 166 Point-of-sale systems.
- SB 0483 Ch. 419 Hazardous materials: business and area plans.
- SB 0484 Ch. 660 Tax preparers.
- SB 0485 Ch. 518 Weighmasters: junk dealers and recyclers.
- SB 0488 Ch. 89 Substandard housing: regulations.
- SB 0490 Ch. 482 Early Assessment Program: common core academic content standards.
- SB 0493 Ch. 469 Pharmacy practice.
- SB 0494 Ch. 684 Health care providers.
- SB 0496 Ch. 781 Improper governmental activity: disclosure: protection.
- SB 0504 Ch. 254 Fruit, nut, and vegetable standards: civil penalties.
- SB 0509 Ch. 10 * Health Benefit Exchange:background checks.
- SB 0510 Ch. 373 Land use: subdivisions: rental mobilehome park conversion.
- SB 0513 Ch. 798 Diversion programs: sealed records.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesSierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.
Hot Pink Fun Run in Downtown Roseville September 28thRegistration is now open for the 7th Annual Hot Pink Fun Run, a family-friendly run, walk and fun zone on Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Monty Python's Spamalot at Roseville TheaterSPAMALOT tells the legendary tale of King Arthur's quest to find the Holy Grail. However, diverting a bit from the true story, this hilarious musical
High Marks for Sierra College Energy Tech StudentsThe Sierra College Energy Technology students who took the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Entry-level exam in June 2014, all passed.
Multiple Sclerosis Becomes Counselor's AssetDuring most of the '70s, Kathe Skinner, now a 65-year-old licensed marriage family therapist in Colorado Springs, Colorado, couldn't figure out what was wrong with her body.
Placer Water Agency Eyes $7 Billion Bond OpportunityFunding for water resource improvements in Placer County could be possible if California voters support the $7.12 billion bond issue on the Nov. 4 ballot, it was
Napa Earthquake Victims Urged to Hire Licensed ContractorsEarthquake: The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging residents of Napa Valley and surrounding areas to only hire California-licensed contractors
8 Arrested in Roseville Police Drug and ID Theft OperationRoseville Police detectives, following up on a Roseville drug case, searched a home in Sacramento and found evidence of methamphetamine sales and identity theft involving scores of victims.
Placer County Republican Party Announces EndorsementsThe Placer County Republican Party has announced the following endorsements in local races for the November 2014 election.
Federal Subpoena Served to Placer County Sheriff's OfficeThe Placer County Sheriff's Office has received several inquiries about employee internal investigations and a federal subpoena.