New California Laws for 2014 (Part 37)
Part 37 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes DUI search warrants, employment retaliation, CalFresh, advertising, pest control, real estate records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 37
- SB 0651 Ch. 724 Developmental centers and state hospitals.
- SB 0652 Ch. 431 Real property disclosures: construction defect litigation.
- SB 0656 Ch. 604 Electrical restructuring: natural gas restructuring: information practices.
- SB 0662 Ch. 218 Structural pest control operators: financial responsibility.
- SB 0665 Ch. 315 Oil and gas: drilling: indemnity bonds:wells.
- SB 0666 Ch. 577 Employment: retaliation.
- SB 0667 Ch. 625 Retail sale of shelled eggs.
- SB 0668 Ch. 67 *Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
- SB 0669 Ch. 725 Emergency medical care: epinephrine auto-injectors.
- SB 0670 Ch. 399 Physicians and surgeons: drug prescribing privileges: investigation.
- SB 0672 Ch. 568 CalFresh: eligibility: guidelines.
- SB 0676 Ch. 349 Real estate records: unlawful destruction.
- SB 0679 Ch. 471 Licensees: reporting requirements.
- SB 0680 Ch. 168 Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement: qualified escrow funds.
- SB 0681 Ch. 726 Community college districts: personal property.
- SB 0683 Ch. 761 Firearms: firearm safety certificate.
- SB 0684 Ch. 544 Advertising displays: redevelopment agency project areas.
- SB 0692 Ch. 219 Local government: community facilities districts.
- SB 0694 Ch. 545 Outdoor advertising: transit stations.
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesStabbing in Roseville at Saugstad ParkRoseville, CA -- KCRA has reported a stabbing in Roseville's Saugstad Park. Click for Full Details
Roseville 2014 set for May 15thPresented by the Roseville Chamber of Commerce, Roseville2014 is the region's signature business event, bringing together nearly 800 local and regional business leaders, elected officials and community influencers.
Big DoG Countdown: Placer Breast Cancer EndowmentBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Placer Breast Cancer Endowment impacts our community.
Free Seminar Targets Sexting, Child and Teen PornographyRoseville, CA -- Life Community Church is hosting a seminar entitled "Sexting and child and teen pornography.what's a parent to do?" on Sunday, April 27 from 2p.m. to 5 p.m. at its facilities, 10020 Foothills Blvd
Northern California Invitational Rugby Tournament On April 26 and 27, The Northern California Youth Rugby Association (NCYRA), in conjunction with Placer Valley Tourism, will host the 10th Annual Northern California Invitational Rugby Tournament
Roseville Crime Report Digest (4-24-14)The Roseville Police Department's crime report digest April 24, 2014.
The Great Banquet at Bayside Church May 17thJoni and Friends Sacramento will hold its annual special needs event called The Great Banquet at Bayside Church in Roseville on May 17. The free event will be a very special evening for people
Arrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park