New California Laws for 2014 (Part 37)
Part 37 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes DUI search warrants, employment retaliation, CalFresh, advertising, pest control, real estate records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 37
- SB 0651 Ch. 724 Developmental centers and state hospitals.
- SB 0652 Ch. 431 Real property disclosures: construction defect litigation.
- SB 0656 Ch. 604 Electrical restructuring: natural gas restructuring: information practices.
- SB 0662 Ch. 218 Structural pest control operators: financial responsibility.
- SB 0665 Ch. 315 Oil and gas: drilling: indemnity bonds:wells.
- SB 0666 Ch. 577 Employment: retaliation.
- SB 0667 Ch. 625 Retail sale of shelled eggs.
- SB 0668 Ch. 67 *Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
- SB 0669 Ch. 725 Emergency medical care: epinephrine auto-injectors.
- SB 0670 Ch. 399 Physicians and surgeons: drug prescribing privileges: investigation.
- SB 0672 Ch. 568 CalFresh: eligibility: guidelines.
- SB 0676 Ch. 349 Real estate records: unlawful destruction.
- SB 0679 Ch. 471 Licensees: reporting requirements.
- SB 0680 Ch. 168 Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement: qualified escrow funds.
- SB 0681 Ch. 726 Community college districts: personal property.
- SB 0683 Ch. 761 Firearms: firearm safety certificate.
- SB 0684 Ch. 544 Advertising displays: redevelopment agency project areas.
- SB 0692 Ch. 219 Local government: community facilities districts.
- SB 0694 Ch. 545 Outdoor advertising: transit stations.
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesProposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.
Roseville Physician Elected to TMPG Chair of the BoardChris Palkowski, MD, has been elected chair of the board of directors of The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG), the governing board of the largest medical group in the nation with 8,000 physicians serving 3.4 million