New California Laws for 2014 (Part 37)
Part 37 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes DUI search warrants, employment retaliation, CalFresh, advertising, pest control, real estate records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 37
- SB 0651 Ch. 724 Developmental centers and state hospitals.
- SB 0652 Ch. 431 Real property disclosures: construction defect litigation.
- SB 0656 Ch. 604 Electrical restructuring: natural gas restructuring: information practices.
- SB 0662 Ch. 218 Structural pest control operators: financial responsibility.
- SB 0665 Ch. 315 Oil and gas: drilling: indemnity bonds:wells.
- SB 0666 Ch. 577 Employment: retaliation.
- SB 0667 Ch. 625 Retail sale of shelled eggs.
- SB 0668 Ch. 67 *Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
- SB 0669 Ch. 725 Emergency medical care: epinephrine auto-injectors.
- SB 0670 Ch. 399 Physicians and surgeons: drug prescribing privileges: investigation.
- SB 0672 Ch. 568 CalFresh: eligibility: guidelines.
- SB 0676 Ch. 349 Real estate records: unlawful destruction.
- SB 0679 Ch. 471 Licensees: reporting requirements.
- SB 0680 Ch. 168 Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement: qualified escrow funds.
- SB 0681 Ch. 726 Community college districts: personal property.
- SB 0683 Ch. 761 Firearms: firearm safety certificate.
- SB 0684 Ch. 544 Advertising displays: redevelopment agency project areas.
- SB 0692 Ch. 219 Local government: community facilities districts.
- SB 0694 Ch. 545 Outdoor advertising: transit stations.
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesLincoln Man Serving Aboard the Navy's USS SomersetPetty Officer 1st Class Brian West, an aviation boatswain's mate from Lincoln, Calif. and 2003 graduate of Lincoln High School, is serving in the U.S. Navy aboard USS Somerset
California Would Create More Jobs Without Prop 30In his recent piece for The Sacramento Bee, "State's job growth defies predictions after tax increases," David Cay Johnston argues that California's recent job creation numbers prove
Sacramento County Opposes Bay Delta Conservation PlanThis week the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors formally submitted comments challenging the findings of the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP) state environmental
Roseville to Host Senior Softball Western National ChampionshipsRoseville will play host this August to the Senior Softball Western National Championships
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.29.14)Roseville, CA - The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 29, 2014.
Different Standards From Mortgage LendersJulie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, reports on a recent Fannie Mae survey which indicates there may be a growing difference in credit standards between small and large lenders. Which do you think has the tighter credit standards? Check out Julie's article and find out.
PCWA Comments on Bay Delta Conservation PlanDrought Watch: PCWA expresses concern about future water supply reliability for Placer County and claims EIR fails to consider key issues.
Honor Bowl Games at Del Oro August 2014ROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University announced today that it will serve as a sponsor for the Northern and Southern California 2014 Honor Bowl football games.
Tahoe Bike Classic Sept. 27 & 28The inaugural Tahoe Bike Classic will take over the Lake Tahoe basin this fall, September 27 & 28, 2014.
Lake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14thArguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents JailedAshleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer DriversLocal gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.