New California Laws for 2014 (Part 37)
Part 37 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes DUI search warrants, employment retaliation, CalFresh, advertising, pest control, real estate records and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 37
- SB 0651 Ch. 724 Developmental centers and state hospitals.
- SB 0652 Ch. 431 Real property disclosures: construction defect litigation.
- SB 0656 Ch. 604 Electrical restructuring: natural gas restructuring: information practices.
- SB 0662 Ch. 218 Structural pest control operators: financial responsibility.
- SB 0665 Ch. 315 Oil and gas: drilling: indemnity bonds:wells.
- SB 0666 Ch. 577 Employment: retaliation.
- SB 0667 Ch. 625 Retail sale of shelled eggs.
- SB 0668 Ch. 67 *Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
- SB 0669 Ch. 725 Emergency medical care: epinephrine auto-injectors.
- SB 0670 Ch. 399 Physicians and surgeons: drug prescribing privileges: investigation.
- SB 0672 Ch. 568 CalFresh: eligibility: guidelines.
- SB 0676 Ch. 349 Real estate records: unlawful destruction.
- SB 0679 Ch. 471 Licensees: reporting requirements.
- SB 0680 Ch. 168 Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement: qualified escrow funds.
- SB 0681 Ch. 726 Community college districts: personal property.
- SB 0683 Ch. 761 Firearms: firearm safety certificate.
- SB 0684 Ch. 544 Advertising displays: redevelopment agency project areas.
- SB 0692 Ch. 219 Local government: community facilities districts.
- SB 0694 Ch. 545 Outdoor advertising: transit stations.
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesRob McAllister Joins Halldin Public RelationsROCKLIN - Longtime Sacramento news reporter Rob McAllister, who became well known for his reporting at both KFBK 1530 radio and KOVR CBS 13 television in Sacramento
Roseville Burglars Evade PoliceRoseville, CA - Police officers searched the Crescendo Drive area extensively today after a resident reported an attempted burglary
Newcastle Resident Elected Region Governor of SoroptomistJacqueline "Jackie" DeMartini, of Newcastle, California is serving a two-year term as Sierra Nevada Region Governor of Soroptimist, an international volunteer organization for women.
10 Year Old Girl Abducted in CarmichaelAt approximately 3:00AM, an unknown white male adult entered a residence through an unlocked door and removed a child under the age of ten years old from the residence against her will.
Writing Your Life Story Workshop September 13thBud Gardner, co-author of Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul, part of the New York Times best-selling series, will conduct a workshop, How to Write Your Life Story, on Saturday, Sept. 13th
Jessup Gala to Celebrate 75th Anniversary on September 20thROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University will host the Jessup Gala on Saturday, September 20 from 6-9 p.m. The dinner and program festivities raise funds for student scholarships.
Brandman University Adding Roseville LocationRoseville,CA -- Brandman University will be locating at 400 Sunrise Blvd. The 9,182 square foot tenant improvement is valued at over $300,000.
Roseville California Crime Brief (8.31.14)Roseville, CA - Roseville California crime brief update report for August 31, 2014.
Acura ILX: Luxury Vehicle, Reasonable PriceFor car shoppers looking for an upscale luxury sedan that doesn't arrive with a luxurious price tag, Acura debuted the ILX a year ago and its back for 2014 virtually unchanged
People with Autism Especially VulnerablePerhaps like you, recently I read of an incident in Okeechobee, Florida, in which an 18-year-old man was recorded on video beating, choking, kicking, and holding a knife to the throat of a 16-year-old boy with autism.
54 Year Old Roseville Woman Killed with Own VehicleRoseville- 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson was killed when her SUV rolled backwards as she was retrieving a bicycle from her 1997 Ford Explorer.
Photos: Napa Earthquake DamageWe recently had the opportunity to tour Napa following the magnitude 6.0 earthquake. The downtown area of Napa which contains many older buildings was hit especially hard.