New California Laws for 2014 (Part 38)
Part 38 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes miltary service benefits, Global Warming Solutions Act, telecommunications, unemployment compensation and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 38
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
- SB 0720 Ch. 220 Military service: benefits.
- SB 0724 Ch. 68 Liability: charitable vision screenings.
- SB 0725 Ch. 697 Veterans buildings and memorials: county and city property: veterans service organizations: nonprofit veteran service agencies: retrofit and remodel.
- SB 0726 Ch. 420 California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006: Western Climate Initiative,Incorporated.
- SB 0740 Ch. 522 * Telecommunications: universal service programs: California Advanced Services Fund.
- SB 0743 Ch. 386 Environmental quality: transit oriented infill projects, judicial review streamlining for environmental leadership development projects, and entertainment and sports center in the City of Sacramento.
- SB 0745 Ch. 183 Housing.
- SB 0749 Ch. 387 Habitat protection: endangered species.
- SB 0751 Ch. 257 Meetings: publication of action taken.
- SB 0752 Ch. 605 Commercial and industrial common interest developments.
- SB 0753 Ch. 639 Central Valley Flood Protection Board.
- SB 0758 Ch. 606 General plans: City of Coronado.
- SB 0759 Ch. 698 Firearms: California State Military Museum and Resource Center.
- SB 0762 Ch. 318 Secondhand goods: lost, stolen, or embezzled items.
- SB 0763 Ch. State Water Resources Control Board:underground storage tanks.
- SB 0769 Ch. 46 Veterans: criminal defendants.
- SB 0770 Ch. 350 Unemployment compensation: disability benefits: paid family leave.
- SB 0771 Ch. 181 *Inmates: temporary removal.
- SB 0776 Ch. 169 Public works: prevailing wage rates:employer payment credits.
- SB 0788 Ch. 523 Transportation.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesSt. Baldrick's Head Shaving in RosevilleRoseville, CA --The 12th Annual St. Baldrick's Head Shaving event will take place this Saturday, March 15, 2014 at the Westfield Galleria in Roseville.
Roseville Concert Series AnnouncedRoseville's Summer Concert Series kicks off this year on May 17, 2014 with a tribute to the Eagles.
Roseville Online Bidding Service Aims for Broader ExposureThe City of Roseville is now partnering with Public Purchase for posting, notifying and awarding of all formal requests for quotes (RFQs) and request for proposals (RFPs).
Rocklin History Tour - Pyramid TombRocklin History Tour - Joel Parker Whitney's Pyramid Tomb near the 11th green of the Whitney Oaks Golf Course.
Disabilities Book Aims To Reach Christian LeadershipLast week, I interviewed a young lady with autism over email because she felt more comfortable with that method of communication. For a similar reason, this week, I interviewed via email Tait Berge of
Ponzi and Mortgage Fraud Defendants Plead GuiltyJohn Hagener, 77, of Granite Bay, and Dawn C. Powers, 43, of Lincoln, separately pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced
Roseville Mayor Receives Woman of the Year AwardAssemblywoman Beth Gaines, R-Roseville, honored Susan Rohan, Mayor of Roseville, as the 2014 Woman of the Year for the 6th Assembly District during a special Assembly ceremony today at the State Capitol.
Placer County Water Outlook ImprovedDrought Watch: AUBURN -- Wet weather in February and early March hasn't ended the drought but it has given the Placer County Water Agency more time to determine if water delivery restrictions
Remedy Rx Grand Opening - Community Health FairRoseville, CA - Remedy Rx Pharmacy is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the debut of their new independent pharmacy with a two-day grand opening event on March 21st and 22nd.
Why We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.