New California Laws for 2014 (Part 39)
Part 39 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes search warrants, health care coverage, controlled substances, veterans, horse racing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 39
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
- SB 0789 Ch. 221 Vehicles: special interest license plates: California Arts Council.
- SB 0800 Ch. 448 Health care coverage programs:transition.
- SB 0801 Ch. 281 Department of Finance: reports: crimes.
- SB 0806 Ch. 569 Department of Motor Vehicles: license plate alternatives pilot program.
- SB 0807 Ch. 170 California State University: African American Political and Economic Institute.
- SB 0809 Ch. 400 Controlled substances: reporting.
- SB 0814 Ch. 472 Natural resources: administration.
- SB 0815 Ch. 186 Veterans.
- SB 0816 Ch. 289 Hospice facilities: developmental disabilities: intellectual disability.
- SB 0817 Ch. 152 * California State Lottery: drawings.
- SB 0818 Ch. 337 Alcoholic beverages.
- SB 0819 Ch. 438 * Horse racing: Breeders' Cup World Championship series: payment of purses.
- SB 0820 Ch. 353 * State government.
- SB 0821 Ch. 473 Healing arts.
- SB 0822 Ch. 319 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0823 Ch. 474 * Professions and vocations: licensure.
- SB 0824 Ch. 177 State Board of Equalization: administration.
- SB 0825 Ch. 607 Government finance.
- SB 0826 Ch. 61 Civil law: omnibus bill.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesWhy We Dumped AT&T for T-MobileAT&T Dumped for T-Mobile: It's never hard to find dissatisfied customers when it comes to any of the major cell phone service providers. An Internet search quickly uncovers...
Ford Escape: A Refined Compact SUVA year ago, Ford did the logical thing - redesigning the popular Escape, something that hadn't been done since 2008. The result: a much improved sport utility vehicle.
TahoeSkiWorld.com Covers Lake Tahoe Ski SceneJeffrey Weidel has recently introduced a new website TahoeSkiWorld.com that provides stories, photos, videos and social media coverage of Lake Tahoe's 15 diverse ski resorts.
Proposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.