New California Laws for 2014 (Part 39)
Part 39 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes search warrants, health care coverage, controlled substances, veterans, horse racing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 39
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
- SB 0789 Ch. 221 Vehicles: special interest license plates: California Arts Council.
- SB 0800 Ch. 448 Health care coverage programs:transition.
- SB 0801 Ch. 281 Department of Finance: reports: crimes.
- SB 0806 Ch. 569 Department of Motor Vehicles: license plate alternatives pilot program.
- SB 0807 Ch. 170 California State University: African American Political and Economic Institute.
- SB 0809 Ch. 400 Controlled substances: reporting.
- SB 0814 Ch. 472 Natural resources: administration.
- SB 0815 Ch. 186 Veterans.
- SB 0816 Ch. 289 Hospice facilities: developmental disabilities: intellectual disability.
- SB 0817 Ch. 152 * California State Lottery: drawings.
- SB 0818 Ch. 337 Alcoholic beverages.
- SB 0819 Ch. 438 * Horse racing: Breeders' Cup World Championship series: payment of purses.
- SB 0820 Ch. 353 * State government.
- SB 0821 Ch. 473 Healing arts.
- SB 0822 Ch. 319 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0823 Ch. 474 * Professions and vocations: licensure.
- SB 0824 Ch. 177 State Board of Equalization: administration.
- SB 0825 Ch. 607 Government finance.
- SB 0826 Ch. 61 Civil law: omnibus bill.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesArrest in Rocklin $37K Embezzlement CaseFrederick Lacker is suspected of embezzling funds that had been entrusted to him for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
Strategies for Move-up Home BuyersRoseville Realtor, Julie Jalone, writes about the growth of move-up buyers in the local real estate market and outlines some potential strategies and risks when selling a current home to buy a new one.
Big DoG Countdown: Gold Country Wildlife RescueBig DoG Countdown: Learn how Gold Country Wildlife Rescue impacts your community.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Christopher AcevedoRocklin, CA -- Placer County's Most Wanted highlights individuals being sought by police. 27 year old, Christopher Michael Acevedo, last known address of Rocklin, CA
Roseville Celebrate the Earth Festival 2014Enjoy free family fun at the 7th Annual Celebrate the Earth Festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26 at the Roseville Utility Exploration Center, 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., in Mahany Regional Park
Lumber Liquidators New Roseville Store on Fairway DriveWith the opening of its newest store at 9400 Fairway Drive Ste. 150, Lumber Liquidators has brought its low-cost, no-middleman flooring approach to Roseville
Get in Gear for May is Bike MonthIt's time to tune up your bikes and join your neighbors and coworkers in bicycling for work, school, errands, or recreation this May during the Sacramento region's annual May is Bike Month campaign.
Sriracha Factory Courted by Oroville Economic AllianceAs the controversy continues to heat up over the possible relocation of the Sriracha factory in Irwindale, California, Oroville Economic Alliance announces its ambition to have the Sriracha plant
America's Clay Fest II Competition in RocklinGot old meds? The next county-wide medication take-back day will be on Saturday, April 26, when you can safely dispose of expired or unneeded prescription, over the counter and veterinary medication
Large Emergency Drill at Colfax High April 26thResidents need not be alarmed if they spot scores of emergency vehicles at Colfax High School on Saturday, April 26.
Big DoG Countdown: Child Advocates of Placer CountyBig DoG Countdown: Learn how the Child Advocates of Placer County impacts your community.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: An Affordable Compact SUVWhen shopping for a Mitsubishi Outlander, note that there's quite a major difference between the "standard" Outlander and the Outlander Sport.