New California Laws for 2014 (Part 39)
SHARE with Friend
Part 39 in the series of new California laws for 2014 includes search warrants, health care coverage, controlled substances, veterans, horse racing and more.
The California Legislature passes numerous laws each year for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2014 - Part 39
- SB 0717 Ch. 317 Search warrants: driving under the influence.
- SB 0789 Ch. 221 Vehicles: special interest license plates: California Arts Council.
- SB 0800 Ch. 448 Health care coverage programs:transition.
- SB 0801 Ch. 281 Department of Finance: reports: crimes.
- SB 0806 Ch. 569 Department of Motor Vehicles: license plate alternatives pilot program.
- SB 0807 Ch. 170 California State University: African American Political and Economic Institute.
- SB 0809 Ch. 400 Controlled substances: reporting.
- SB 0814 Ch. 472 Natural resources: administration.
- SB 0815 Ch. 186 Veterans.
- SB 0816 Ch. 289 Hospice facilities: developmental disabilities: intellectual disability.
- SB 0817 Ch. 152 * California State Lottery: drawings.
- SB 0818 Ch. 337 Alcoholic beverages.
- SB 0819 Ch. 438 * Horse racing: Breeders' Cup World Championship series: payment of purses.
- SB 0820 Ch. 353 * State government.
- SB 0821 Ch. 473 Healing arts.
- SB 0822 Ch. 319 Professions and vocations.
- SB 0823 Ch. 474 * Professions and vocations: licensure.
- SB 0824 Ch. 177 State Board of Equalization: administration.
- SB 0825 Ch. 607 Government finance.
- SB 0826 Ch. 61 Civil law: omnibus bill.
(Laws marked with an * went into effect prior to 2014.)
Miss a Segment?
Follow the entire series online at New California Laws for 2014
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesLake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14thArguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents JailedAshleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer DriversLocal gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New MembersThe Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental ReviewWith the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research AwardsResearch could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and EntrepreneursIt's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system
Hyundai scores with Santa Fe SUVsOne of Hyundai's more impressive vehicles is the 2014 Santa Fe, a sport utility vehicle that has three rows and seats seven. It replaced the 2012 Veracruz in the Hyundai lineup.
Adoption Involving Fetal Alcohol SyndromeLaura Bloch adored his picture. "My husband and I had just been approved through an adoption agency and the agency sent out a letter with a picture of a child on it,"
Placer County Wines Honored with 52 AwardsPlacer County Wine Trail wines have delighted judges' taste buds again at this year's California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition.
Border Crisis and Illegal Immigration in the United StatesCongressman McClintock recently delivered the following remarks on the House floor regarding the United States Border Crisis.
Influences of Cognitive Abilities in Old Age StudyEarly life experiences, such as childhood socioeconomic status and literacy, may have greater influence on the risk of cognitive impairment late in life than such demographic characteristics