Leaders Awarded for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy
Rocklin, CA - Five community members were recognized for their contributions toward ending domestic and sexual violence in Placer County with Stand Up Placer Leadership Awards, which were presented at the Stand Up and Dance! event on Saturday, February 8, at the Rocklin Event Center.
"These honorees have chosen to use their expertise to help thousands of local survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault to find remedies to their situations and to heal themselves and their families," states Executive Director Michelle Coleman. "The impact of their involvement reaches beyond the present and helps to create a safer, healthier future for everyone in our community."
- District Attorney R. Scott Owens received the award for Legal Advocacy. His commitment and efforts to help victims find justice and to prosecute offenders have helped to make Placer County a safer place for all.
- Stacy McCoy, Coordinator of the Placer County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), received the award for Medical Advocacy for her leadership of the multidisciplinary, countywide SART and her support of Sexual Assault victims in the courtroom as well as the exam room.
- U.S. Bank received the award for Corporate Advocacy for their committed partnership with Stand Up Placer and their provision of financial and human capitol in support of Stand Up Placer's work addressing domestic and sexual violence in Placer County.
- The Placer County Community Advisory Board received the award for Community Advocacy. The board provided strategic resources that allowed Stand Up Placer to extend its outreach to Placer County Survivors in need of services.
- Lincoln resident Jeanette Patburg received the award for Volunteer Advocacy. She has served as a volunteer for Stand Up Placer over 5 years in a number of critical roles. Her donation of time and talents has changed the lives of countless Placer County Survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Stand Up Placer would like to thank the Premier sponsors who made Stand Up and Dance event possible: Sutter Health Sierra Sacramento Region and Future Ford Lincoln of Roseville. Additional Sponsors include Sierra Health Foundation, CAP Physican's Insurance Group, and SureWest Foundation.
About Stand Up Placer
Stand Up Placer provides services to Placer County domestic violence and sexual assault survivors that help them to empower themselves as they heal from the trauma and create lives of strength and self sufficiency.
Join us and stand up against domestic and sexual violence. Visit www.standupplacer.org for more information.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesProposed Auburn Costco Terms Under ReviewAuburn, CA -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors will review key financial terms Tuesday for a prospective ground lease agreement with Costco Wholesale Corp. that include a company contribution to help
Indigenous Peoples Days in Rocklin March 19-22Rocklin, CA--Sierra College's Native American Club, the New Legacy Committee, the Sierra College Press and Heyday Books will cosponsor a four-day event: Indigenous Peoples Days during its Yomen Weda or Spring Equinox Festival
Beth Gaines Announces Re-Election BidROSEVILLE- Small business owner and State Assemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville) announced her bid for re-election to California's Sixth Assembly District.
Roseville Company Partners in $39 Million Apartment CommunityBased in Roseville, USA Properties Fund Inc. debuted the Mayfair Court - a 93-unit apartment community at 65 McCreery Avenue in San Jose on March 6.
Placer County Water Agency Meets Stewardship CommitmentsManaging California's complex water storage and delivery system is a never-ending balancing act between supply, demand, and environmental considerations, especially during a severe water shortage.
Safeway and Albertsons Announce Merger AgreementSafeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Albertsons announced today a definitive agreement under which AB Acquisition LLC ("AB Acquisition") will acquire all outstanding shares of Safeway
Roseville Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Roseville Police Department crime report digest March 6, 2014.
Plane Crash in Placer County UpdateA plane crash approximately 3-4 miles south by south east of the Truckee Airport. The decedent is 55 year old Darla Farnell.
Placer SPCA Seeks 2014 Hero Awards NominationsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2014 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 13th annual Funny Bones Comedy and Awards Night on Friday, April 25.
AAA Funds Supports Roseville Fire Museum and Roseville Firefighters CharityThe AAA Roseville South Branch Office is providing $2,500 each to the Roseville Fire Museum and the Roseville Firefighters Charity.
Rocklin Crime Report Digest (3-6-14)The Rocklin Police Department's weekly crime report digest for the period of February 25, 2014 to March 3, 2014.
Roseville Physician Elected to TMPG Chair of the BoardChris Palkowski, MD, has been elected chair of the board of directors of The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG), the governing board of the largest medical group in the nation with 8,000 physicians serving 3.4 million