Leaders Awarded for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy
SHARE with Friend
Rocklin, CA - Five community members were recognized for their contributions toward ending domestic and sexual violence in Placer County with Stand Up Placer Leadership Awards, which were presented at the Stand Up and Dance! event on Saturday, February 8, at the Rocklin Event Center.
"These honorees have chosen to use their expertise to help thousands of local survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault to find remedies to their situations and to heal themselves and their families," states Executive Director Michelle Coleman. "The impact of their involvement reaches beyond the present and helps to create a safer, healthier future for everyone in our community."
- District Attorney R. Scott Owens received the award for Legal Advocacy. His commitment and efforts to help victims find justice and to prosecute offenders have helped to make Placer County a safer place for all.
- Stacy McCoy, Coordinator of the Placer County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), received the award for Medical Advocacy for her leadership of the multidisciplinary, countywide SART and her support of Sexual Assault victims in the courtroom as well as the exam room.
- U.S. Bank received the award for Corporate Advocacy for their committed partnership with Stand Up Placer and their provision of financial and human capitol in support of Stand Up Placer's work addressing domestic and sexual violence in Placer County.
- The Placer County Community Advisory Board received the award for Community Advocacy. The board provided strategic resources that allowed Stand Up Placer to extend its outreach to Placer County Survivors in need of services.
- Lincoln resident Jeanette Patburg received the award for Volunteer Advocacy. She has served as a volunteer for Stand Up Placer over 5 years in a number of critical roles. Her donation of time and talents has changed the lives of countless Placer County Survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Stand Up Placer would like to thank the Premier sponsors who made Stand Up and Dance event possible: Sutter Health Sierra Sacramento Region and Future Ford Lincoln of Roseville. Additional Sponsors include Sierra Health Foundation, CAP Physican's Insurance Group, and SureWest Foundation.
About Stand Up Placer
Stand Up Placer provides services to Placer County domestic violence and sexual assault survivors that help them to empower themselves as they heal from the trauma and create lives of strength and self sufficiency.
Join us and stand up against domestic and sexual violence. Visit www.standupplacer.org for more information.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesLake Tahoe Marathon Returns September 14thArguably the most beautiful marathon in the world, the Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 14, 2014. Since its inception in 1995, the Lake Tahoe Marathon has evolved into a premier running event
3 Month Old Dies in Sacramento, Parents JailedAshleigh Smith and the 19-year-old father, Terry Scott, were interviewed, they were both booked that night into the Sacramento County Jail on felony child abuse/neglect charges.
Dropping Gas Prices Lift Summer DriversLocal gas prices continue to drop and bring relief to drivers across California and the nation.
Inter-Faith Task Force Seeks New MembersThe Roseville Police Department is hosting an Inter-Faith Task Force comprised of congregational leaders and security teams for churches and other
Lake Tahoe Basin Community Plan Environmental ReviewWith the release of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the Environmental Impact Statement/Report, the ongoing update to the complex Tahoe Basin Community Plan continues to make progress
Preventive Autism Treatment Focus of Research AwardsResearch could affect nearly one in every four cases of autism among children in the U.S.
Simple Changes Helping California Small Businesses and EntrepreneursIt's not easy doing business in California. In order to be successful, business owners must overcome many challenges, one of which is dealing with California's complicated tax system
Hyundai scores with Santa Fe SUVsOne of Hyundai's more impressive vehicles is the 2014 Santa Fe, a sport utility vehicle that has three rows and seats seven. It replaced the 2012 Veracruz in the Hyundai lineup.
Adoption Involving Fetal Alcohol SyndromeLaura Bloch adored his picture. "My husband and I had just been approved through an adoption agency and the agency sent out a letter with a picture of a child on it,"
Placer County Wines Honored with 52 AwardsPlacer County Wine Trail wines have delighted judges' taste buds again at this year's California State Fair Commercial Wine Competition.
Border Crisis and Illegal Immigration in the United StatesCongressman McClintock recently delivered the following remarks on the House floor regarding the United States Border Crisis.
Influences of Cognitive Abilities in Old Age StudyEarly life experiences, such as childhood socioeconomic status and literacy, may have greater influence on the risk of cognitive impairment late in life than such demographic characteristics