Leaders Awarded for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocacy
SHARE with Friend
Rocklin, CA - Five community members were recognized for their contributions toward ending domestic and sexual violence in Placer County with Stand Up Placer Leadership Awards, which were presented at the Stand Up and Dance! event on Saturday, February 8, at the Rocklin Event Center.
"These honorees have chosen to use their expertise to help thousands of local survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault to find remedies to their situations and to heal themselves and their families," states Executive Director Michelle Coleman. "The impact of their involvement reaches beyond the present and helps to create a safer, healthier future for everyone in our community."
- District Attorney R. Scott Owens received the award for Legal Advocacy. His commitment and efforts to help victims find justice and to prosecute offenders have helped to make Placer County a safer place for all.
- Stacy McCoy, Coordinator of the Placer County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), received the award for Medical Advocacy for her leadership of the multidisciplinary, countywide SART and her support of Sexual Assault victims in the courtroom as well as the exam room.
- U.S. Bank received the award for Corporate Advocacy for their committed partnership with Stand Up Placer and their provision of financial and human capitol in support of Stand Up Placer's work addressing domestic and sexual violence in Placer County.
- The Placer County Community Advisory Board received the award for Community Advocacy. The board provided strategic resources that allowed Stand Up Placer to extend its outreach to Placer County Survivors in need of services.
- Lincoln resident Jeanette Patburg received the award for Volunteer Advocacy. She has served as a volunteer for Stand Up Placer over 5 years in a number of critical roles. Her donation of time and talents has changed the lives of countless Placer County Survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Stand Up Placer would like to thank the Premier sponsors who made Stand Up and Dance event possible: Sutter Health Sierra Sacramento Region and Future Ford Lincoln of Roseville. Additional Sponsors include Sierra Health Foundation, CAP Physican's Insurance Group, and SureWest Foundation.
About Stand Up Placer
Stand Up Placer provides services to Placer County domestic violence and sexual assault survivors that help them to empower themselves as they heal from the trauma and create lives of strength and self sufficiency.
Join us and stand up against domestic and sexual violence. Visit www.standupplacer.org for more information.
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County Republican Party To Hold 2014 ConventionLOOMIS - The Placer County Republican Party will hold its endorsement convention on Aug. 23 to select which candidates to support for local offices in Placer County.
Job Fair in Roseville August 22ndRoseville, CA -- Multiple community agencies including Brandman University, The City of Roseville Libraries, Placer, Sacramento and El Dorado Counties, Golden Sierra Job Training, and Sacramento Works
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (7.23.14)The Roseville Police Department weekly crime report digest update for July 23, 2014.
California Limits Full Contact Football for StudentsGovernor Jerry Brown signed into law AB2127 which limits, but does not eliminate full contact football practices for middle and high school students.
Beware of Deceptive Home Improvement OffersThe California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is urging consumers to be aware of home improvement offers by individuals who use unethical business practices to gain entry into their homes
Continuous Improvement Network: August 6th & 20thSierra College CACT provides Value Stream Mapping Training in Sacramento on August 6 & 20 for the Continuous Improvement Network
Alternative Transportation Programs in Placer CountyPlacer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) is your resource for information about alternative transportation services in Placer County.
Auburn Woman Attacked Inside HomePlacer County sheriff's detectives are looking for a man who attacked a woman at her north Auburn home early this morning.
Western Nationals Softball Tournament in Roseville and LincolnASA Softball is bringing the Western Nationals for the Girls B 10U & 12U divisions to the Placer Valley Area. The event is six days long, taking place from July 28-August 3.
Tahoe Public Projects Garner AttentionTahoe Transportation District has been recognized nationally and by the state of Nevada for its positive impacts, collaborative initiatives, environmental enhancement, and service to the community's
Rocklin National Night Out Events August 5thEach community member is invited to join their neighborhood watch group and the Rocklin Police Department for National Night Out on Tuesday, August 5, 2014.
Recovery Plan for California Salmon and SteelheadNOAA Fisheries and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) jointly released two plans to restore populations of salmon and steelhead in California's Central Valley