Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program
Rocklin, CA -- "Paws to Read" is this summer's theme for the Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program (SRP) to run from June 2 through August 2.
Visit the Rocklin Library on or after June 2 and sign up for the SRP. You'll be given a reading log that guides you to a summer of reading. After you've completed all or portions of the log, come back to the library to receive tickets which you can enter into a drawing for fabulous gift baskets! Extra tickets can be earned by completing "reading recess" challenges, so keep coming back for more chances to win.
A key component of the SRP is self selection of reading materials, which motivates struggling readers and helps them to become better readers, writers and spellers. 8 out of 10 studies indicate students who read recreationally out-perform those who don't.
Summer is the most difficult time for parents to find things for kids to do. The SRP allows for summer reading opportunities and activities that are fun, easily available and "free."
The SRP is sponsored by Rocklin Friends of the Library.
Schedule of Events
- June 2 10:00 a.m. Reading log available for pick up - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 7 1:00 p.m. Party Palooza - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 10 11:00 a.m. Sidewalk Chalk Art - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- June 14 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 17 11:00 a.m. Farm Animal Food Workshop - ages 3-8 Rocklin Library
- June 21 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 24 11:00 a.m. Pete the Cat's Groovy Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- June 28 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 3 11:30 a.m. Red, White, and Blue Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 5 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 8 11:00 a.m. Drum and Dance - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- July 15 11:00 a.m. Mad Science - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 17 5:00 p.m. Paws to Slumber - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 19 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 22 11:00 a.m. Wild Things! Rescued Animal Rescue - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 26 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- Aug 2 1:00 p.m. Summer Reading Program Wrap-up Party - all ages Rocklin Library
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesMolly Ringwald at Rocklin's Quarry Park September 17thRocklin, Calif. - Golden Globe nominated actress and jazz musician Molly Ringwald descends into Rocklin's Quarry Park Amphitheater on Saturday, September 17
Roseville to Host Barbara Boxer FarewellRoseville, CA - The Placer County Democratic Party in partnership with the Nevada County Democratic Party and El Dorado County Democratic Party will be hosting a Fond Farewell
Roseville Skatetown to Host International Curling BonspielRoseville, CA - The Crush Bonspiel, which began in 2006, is back this Labor Day Weekend at Roseville's Skatetown Ice Arena after taking a one year hiatus.
County renews $10 Million Emergency Services ContractThe county board of supervisors OK'd a $10.6 million contract for fiscal year 2016-17. The contract will provide fire and emergency service for about 52,000 residents.
Roseville Flash Crime Report (8.24.16)The Roseville Police Department's latest activity and crime log digest update covering the period of August 12-21, 2016.
Sierra College Patrons Invite Public to MeetingRocklin, CA-- The Sierra College Patrons, a support group of the Sierra College Foundation, invites the public and those interested in becoming members of the organization
California Fires Update Summary (8.24.16)Over 10,000 firefighters are battling 8 large wildfires in California. Two new large fires were reported yesterday in Tulare and Alpine counties on National Forest land.
Napa's Uptown Theatre: On LocationNapa, CA- Band of Horses trekked into Napa's Uptown Theatre last night for a stop along their "Why Are You Ok Tour".
California Fires Update Summary (8.23.16)Last week firefighters across California battled nearly 250 new wildfires containing most to a small acreage. Since the beginning of the year there have been over 4,900 wildfires that have burned over 417,000 acres.
Nevada City Hosts Festive Celebration September 10-11NEVADA CITY, Calif. - The 50th Annual Nevada City Constitution Day Parade tops a full weekend of family fun Sept. 10-11 in this colorful Gold Rush town.
Humboldt Pilot Program to Track and Trace CannabisWith the state of California on the verge of approving the recreational use of marijuana in November, at least one company is ahead of the curve
Sierra College Supports Former Foster YouthRocklin, CA - As the school year begins, Sierra College is taking an extra step to ensure that one group of students gets off to a good start.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It