Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program
Rocklin, CA -- "Paws to Read" is this summer's theme for the Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program (SRP) to run from June 2 through August 2.
Visit the Rocklin Library on or after June 2 and sign up for the SRP. You'll be given a reading log that guides you to a summer of reading. After you've completed all or portions of the log, come back to the library to receive tickets which you can enter into a drawing for fabulous gift baskets! Extra tickets can be earned by completing "reading recess" challenges, so keep coming back for more chances to win.
A key component of the SRP is self selection of reading materials, which motivates struggling readers and helps them to become better readers, writers and spellers. 8 out of 10 studies indicate students who read recreationally out-perform those who don't.
Summer is the most difficult time for parents to find things for kids to do. The SRP allows for summer reading opportunities and activities that are fun, easily available and "free."
The SRP is sponsored by Rocklin Friends of the Library.
Schedule of Events
- June 2 10:00 a.m. Reading log available for pick up - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 7 1:00 p.m. Party Palooza - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 10 11:00 a.m. Sidewalk Chalk Art - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- June 14 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 17 11:00 a.m. Farm Animal Food Workshop - ages 3-8 Rocklin Library
- June 21 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 24 11:00 a.m. Pete the Cat's Groovy Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- June 28 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 3 11:30 a.m. Red, White, and Blue Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 5 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 8 11:00 a.m. Drum and Dance - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- July 15 11:00 a.m. Mad Science - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 17 5:00 p.m. Paws to Slumber - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 19 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 22 11:00 a.m. Wild Things! Rescued Animal Rescue - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 26 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- Aug 2 1:00 p.m. Summer Reading Program Wrap-up Party - all ages Rocklin Library
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesPeople with Autism Especially VulnerablePerhaps like you, recently I read of an incident in Okeechobee, Florida, in which an 18-year-old man was recorded on video beating, choking, kicking, and holding a knife to the throat of a 16-year-old boy with autism.
54 Year Old Roseville Woman Killed with Own VehicleRoseville- 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson was killed when her SUV rolled backwards as she was retrieving a bicycle from her 1997 Ford Explorer.
Photos: Napa Earthquake DamageWe recently had the opportunity to tour Napa following the magnitude 6.0 earthquake. The downtown area of Napa which contains many older buildings was hit especially hard.
California Senate Passes New Gun Violence BillCalifornia's state today passed the "Gun Violence Restraining Order (AB 1014)," legislation that would allow family members or law enforcement to petition a court
Laura's Law Implementation in Placer CountyPlacer County became the sixth county in California Tuesday to implement Laura's Law - a state statute that authorizes court-ordered assisted outpatient treatment of residents with severe
$22 Million Animal Services Center in Auburn Moves ForwardThe Placer County Board of Supervisors awarded a design-build contract on Tuesday that paves the way for construction of a long-planned Animal Services Center in North Auburn that
Autism in Girls Study Launched in CaliforniaAutism is far more common in boys than girls - affecting 1 in 54 boys and 1 in 252 girls - but little is known about biological differences between boys and girls with autism.
Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo Tournament in RocklinThe Sierra Shoot Out Water Polo tournament is back for another year at Sierra College. The junior college has hosted this high school tournament for over 20 years
What is Slowing the California Housing Recovery?Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about why the California and Sacramento housing markets are not expanding as fast as expected. Find out what Julie thinks is contributing to a slower real estate market.
Circus Vargas in Roseville this September Roseville,CA -- Get ready for the ultimate entertainment extravaganza for all ages as the circus comes to Roseville.
Hot Pink Fun Run in Downtown Roseville September 28thRegistration is now open for the 7th Annual Hot Pink Fun Run, a family-friendly run, walk and fun zone on Sunday, September 28, 2014.
Monty Python's Spamalot at Roseville TheaterSPAMALOT tells the legendary tale of King Arthur's quest to find the Holy Grail. However, diverting a bit from the true story, this hilarious musical