Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program
Rocklin, CA -- "Paws to Read" is this summer's theme for the Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program (SRP) to run from June 2 through August 2.
Visit the Rocklin Library on or after June 2 and sign up for the SRP. You'll be given a reading log that guides you to a summer of reading. After you've completed all or portions of the log, come back to the library to receive tickets which you can enter into a drawing for fabulous gift baskets! Extra tickets can be earned by completing "reading recess" challenges, so keep coming back for more chances to win.
A key component of the SRP is self selection of reading materials, which motivates struggling readers and helps them to become better readers, writers and spellers. 8 out of 10 studies indicate students who read recreationally out-perform those who don't.
Summer is the most difficult time for parents to find things for kids to do. The SRP allows for summer reading opportunities and activities that are fun, easily available and "free."
The SRP is sponsored by Rocklin Friends of the Library.
Schedule of Events
- June 2 10:00 a.m. Reading log available for pick up - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 7 1:00 p.m. Party Palooza - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 10 11:00 a.m. Sidewalk Chalk Art - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- June 14 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 17 11:00 a.m. Farm Animal Food Workshop - ages 3-8 Rocklin Library
- June 21 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 24 11:00 a.m. Pete the Cat's Groovy Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- June 28 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 3 11:30 a.m. Red, White, and Blue Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 5 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 8 11:00 a.m. Drum and Dance - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- July 15 11:00 a.m. Mad Science - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 17 5:00 p.m. Paws to Slumber - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 19 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 22 11:00 a.m. Wild Things! Rescued Animal Rescue - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 26 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- Aug 2 1:00 p.m. Summer Reading Program Wrap-up Party - all ages Rocklin Library
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRaley's Ditching Sodas Deemed UnhealthyRoseville, CA- Raley's Family of Fine Stores has announced its decision to eliminate certain Raley's private label brand soda to advance their vision of health and wellness.
Downtown Roseville Partnership and Local Homeless Shelter AllianceRoseville, CA- The Downtown Roseville Partnership (DRP), in conjunction with The Gathering Inn (TGI), have launched a day porter program within the District.
Stand Up Placer gets helping hand from U.S. BankRoseville, CA, - Stand Up Placer today received a generous grant award of $10,000 and a sponsorship award of $2,500 from U.S. Bank
Community Choice Energy Program Gets Preliminary Financing ApprovalThe Placer County Board of Supervisors recently approved a preliminary financing plan and introduced an ordinance for the development of Community Choice Energy
The Manipulation of our FoodsWith obesity rates on the rise, synthetic ingredients, addictive additives, toxic packaging, hormone-disrupting chemicals, contaminants, and dyes are
Ford Focus continues to offer great valueRoseville, CA- Although this may not be the most identifiable car in the Ford stable of vehicles, the Focus has given the venerable American automaker plenty of notoriety
Gas Prices Steady Heading Into Summer Travel MonthsRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville are holding steady again heading into the busy summer travel months
California Fires Update Summary (6.27.16)Over 5,200 firefighters are battling 9 large wildfires in California. Yesterday's high temperatures combined with the low humidity led to an increase in wildfire conditions
Keep Your Pets Safe in the Hot Summer MonthsRoseville, CA - Summertime means fun in the sun, especially with your furry, four-legged friends. Unfortunately, the warmer weather
Roseville Weekly Crime Report Digest (6.26.16)Weekly Roseville crime report digest update for the period covering 17-24, 2016.
$18 Million in Contracts to Assist Placer County's Most VulnerableThe Placer County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday approved nine different contract agreements totaling more than $18 million to provide mental health, substance abuse, transitional housing and child abuse prevention services
Special Needs Dog Looking for a Special HomeRoseville, CA - Bentley, a five year old Dachshund/Wire Haired Terrier, arrived at the Placer SPCA in May without use of his hind legs
NEWS: In Case You Missed It