Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program
Rocklin, CA -- "Paws to Read" is this summer's theme for the Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program (SRP) to run from June 2 through August 2.
Visit the Rocklin Library on or after June 2 and sign up for the SRP. You'll be given a reading log that guides you to a summer of reading. After you've completed all or portions of the log, come back to the library to receive tickets which you can enter into a drawing for fabulous gift baskets! Extra tickets can be earned by completing "reading recess" challenges, so keep coming back for more chances to win.
A key component of the SRP is self selection of reading materials, which motivates struggling readers and helps them to become better readers, writers and spellers. 8 out of 10 studies indicate students who read recreationally out-perform those who don't.
Summer is the most difficult time for parents to find things for kids to do. The SRP allows for summer reading opportunities and activities that are fun, easily available and "free."
The SRP is sponsored by Rocklin Friends of the Library.
Schedule of Events
- June 2 10:00 a.m. Reading log available for pick up - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 7 1:00 p.m. Party Palooza - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 10 11:00 a.m. Sidewalk Chalk Art - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- June 14 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 17 11:00 a.m. Farm Animal Food Workshop - ages 3-8 Rocklin Library
- June 21 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 24 11:00 a.m. Pete the Cat's Groovy Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- June 28 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 3 11:30 a.m. Red, White, and Blue Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 5 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 8 11:00 a.m. Drum and Dance - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- July 15 11:00 a.m. Mad Science - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 17 5:00 p.m. Paws to Slumber - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 19 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 22 11:00 a.m. Wild Things! Rescued Animal Rescue - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 26 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- Aug 2 1:00 p.m. Summer Reading Program Wrap-up Party - all ages Rocklin Library
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesAchieve Tahoe to Host Ability Challenge Fundraiser at Squaw ValleyAlpine Meadows, CA - Achieve Tahoe, a leading provider of winter and summer adaptive sports instruction at all ability levels for adults and children with disabilities
Guys and Dolls at William Jessup University in AprilROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University's Creative Arts department presents Guys and Dolls for six weekend performances, starting April 7-8-9.
Prenatal Health Services to begin at Auburn Health CenterAUBURN, CA - Chapa-De Indian Health is proud to announce that its Auburn Health Center will begin providing prenatal health services to patients starting this week.
Roseville Skatetown to Host Curling BonspielRoseville, CA -Brand New Barrel Bonspiel Brings 16 California Curling Teams to Roseville on March 24-26.
Placer Valley Tourism to operate Placer County FairgroundsAUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved Placer Valley Tourism, a private nonprofit organization, as the new operator of the Placer County Fairgrounds
Roseville Gas Price Competition StiffensRoseville, CA - Competition has stiffened as Roseville gas prices were mostly flat during this past week.
GoatHouse Brewing: Beer Tasting in the CountryLincoln, CA - Goathouse Brewing, a converted barn for beer lovers and country explorers in Lincoln, CA.
Check for Leaks during Fix a Leak WeekSACRAMENTO- Get ready to be a leak detective and do your part during Fix a Leak Week, March 20 through 26. The average home leaks more than 10,000 gallons
Sierra College, Placer Union HS District Joint Board MeetingRocklin, CA - The Sierra College Board of Trustees and the Placer Union High School District Board of Trustees will hold a joint board meeting at Del Oro High School
Ty Smith named California State Railroad Museum DirectorSACRAMENTO, Calif. - California State Parks has announced Ty Smith as museum director for the California State Railroad Museum, one of the world's premier railway museums
Roseville City School District Opens Region's First Student Ballroom(Roseville, CA) -Warren T. Eich Middle School will proudly unveil a newly constructed ballroom for their Advanced Ballroom students
Chrysler 300 remains appealing American sedanRoseville, CA - If you are a car-buyer who enjoys driving a big, powerful sedan and wants to purchase American, consider giving the Chrysler 300 a thorough look.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It