Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program
Rocklin, CA -- "Paws to Read" is this summer's theme for the Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program (SRP) to run from June 2 through August 2.
Visit the Rocklin Library on or after June 2 and sign up for the SRP. You'll be given a reading log that guides you to a summer of reading. After you've completed all or portions of the log, come back to the library to receive tickets which you can enter into a drawing for fabulous gift baskets! Extra tickets can be earned by completing "reading recess" challenges, so keep coming back for more chances to win.
A key component of the SRP is self selection of reading materials, which motivates struggling readers and helps them to become better readers, writers and spellers. 8 out of 10 studies indicate students who read recreationally out-perform those who don't.
Summer is the most difficult time for parents to find things for kids to do. The SRP allows for summer reading opportunities and activities that are fun, easily available and "free."
The SRP is sponsored by Rocklin Friends of the Library.
Schedule of Events
- June 2 10:00 a.m. Reading log available for pick up - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 7 1:00 p.m. Party Palooza - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 10 11:00 a.m. Sidewalk Chalk Art - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- June 14 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 17 11:00 a.m. Farm Animal Food Workshop - ages 3-8 Rocklin Library
- June 21 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 24 11:00 a.m. Pete the Cat's Groovy Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- June 28 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 3 11:30 a.m. Red, White, and Blue Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 5 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 8 11:00 a.m. Drum and Dance - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- July 15 11:00 a.m. Mad Science - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 17 5:00 p.m. Paws to Slumber - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 19 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 22 11:00 a.m. Wild Things! Rescued Animal Rescue - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 26 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- Aug 2 1:00 p.m. Summer Reading Program Wrap-up Party - all ages Rocklin Library
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesBella Vista HS Wins Sacramento County Academic DecathlonSacramento, CA- Bella Vista High School, from the San Juan Unified School District, is the winner of the 2017 Sacramento County Academic Decathlon competition
Topgolf in Roseville to host WJU Fundraiser in AprilRoseville, CA - The Jessup Athletic Association will host the inaugural TopSwing event - a fun gathering, providing golf, games, food, beverages, prizes and awards - on Sunday, April 23
Roseville Bucks for Bikes Application DeadlineRoseville, CA- Apply for an opportunity to receive up to $200 toward a new commuter bike. Bucks for Bikes helps commuters
Mom Turns Caregiving Into CareerSo taken up by their moving story, I'm devoting the next two weeks to Joe and Tish Griffin, 21-year-old son and 60-year-old mother
PCWA affirms opposition to weaken Prop 218AUBURN, Calif. - At its February 16 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors expressed opposition to any legislative effort to weaken Proposition 218
Rocklin Music Artist Quinn Hedges New AlbumLocal Rocklin music artist Quinn Hedges will unveil his latest album in spectacular fashion. He and several collaborators created a dozen captivating videos
Roseville Gas Price Declines Coming to an End?Roseville, CA- Declining gas prices in Roseville may be coming to an end as experts continue to anticipate a rise in fuel prices nationwide heading into the warmer months
Bill would provide independent oversight of Mental Health ServicesROSEVILLE - This week Assemblyman Kevin Kiley (R-Roseville) introduced a bill to assure that the $2 billion allocated each year from Proposition 63
Roseville to host Junior Singles ChampionshipsRoseville, CA - Johnson Ranch Racquet Club in Roseville is set to host annual Junior Singles Championships Feb. 18 - 20.
Kidney Transplants: UC Davis Leads NationSACRAMENTO, Calif.) - UC Davis physicians gave lifesaving kidney transplants to more than 400 people in 2016, making it the highest-volume kidney transplant program in the nation.
Kid-O-Rama Festival Returns to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Olympic Valley, Calif. - The 8th annual Kid-O-Rama extravaganza returns to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows this President's Day weekend from February 18-25.
Dementia Support Group in Grass ValleyCascades of Grass Valley, a senior living community located at 415 Sierra College Drive in Grass Valley, will be hosting a monthly support group for family and caregivers
NEWS: In Case You Missed It