Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program
Rocklin, CA -- "Paws to Read" is this summer's theme for the Rocklin Library's Summer Reading Program (SRP) to run from June 2 through August 2.
Visit the Rocklin Library on or after June 2 and sign up for the SRP. You'll be given a reading log that guides you to a summer of reading. After you've completed all or portions of the log, come back to the library to receive tickets which you can enter into a drawing for fabulous gift baskets! Extra tickets can be earned by completing "reading recess" challenges, so keep coming back for more chances to win.
A key component of the SRP is self selection of reading materials, which motivates struggling readers and helps them to become better readers, writers and spellers. 8 out of 10 studies indicate students who read recreationally out-perform those who don't.
Summer is the most difficult time for parents to find things for kids to do. The SRP allows for summer reading opportunities and activities that are fun, easily available and "free."
The SRP is sponsored by Rocklin Friends of the Library.
Schedule of Events
- June 2 10:00 a.m. Reading log available for pick up - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 7 1:00 p.m. Party Palooza - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 10 11:00 a.m. Sidewalk Chalk Art - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- June 14 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 17 11:00 a.m. Farm Animal Food Workshop - ages 3-8 Rocklin Library
- June 21 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- June 24 11:00 a.m. Pete the Cat's Groovy Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- June 28 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 3 11:30 a.m. Red, White, and Blue Storytime - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 5 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 8 11:00 a.m. Drum and Dance - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 11 1:00 p.m. Characters to Crow About Writing Workshop - ages 8-12 Rocklin Library
- July 15 11:00 a.m. Mad Science - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 17 5:00 p.m. Paws to Slumber - ages 3-5 Rocklin Library
- July 19 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- July 22 11:00 a.m. Wild Things! Rescued Animal Rescue - all ages Clarke-Dominguez
- July 26 1:00 p.m. Movie Matinee Saturday - all ages Rocklin Library
- Aug 2 1:00 p.m. Summer Reading Program Wrap-up Party - all ages Rocklin Library
Print This Article
Placer County News HeadlinesKing Fire Arson Suspect ArrestedWayne Allen Huntsman, 37, of Pollock Pines was booked into the El Dorado County Jail for arson on Wednesday.
California Statewide Fire Summary (9.18.14)Today, over 6,600 firefighters continue to battle 10 major wildfires burning in California. Several thousand residents remain evacuated. Yesterday, firefighters fully contained the Black Fire
King Fire Updates: Blaze Rapidly Expands to Over 70,000 AcresEl Dorado County, CA -- The King Fire continues to grow and now has consumed over 70,000 acres with only 5% containment
Roseville California Crime Brief (9.18.14)Police crime brief report for Roseville, California September 18, 2014.
Folsom to File Lawsuit on Mather Airport Master PlanDuring a Special Closed Session meeting yesterday, the Folsom City Council expressed unanimous support to file a lawsuit challenging the recent approval of the Mather Master Plan
Confronting the Islamic StateContrary to the President's assertions last week, the Islamic State IS Islamic and it IS a state - or at least has all the attributes of a state
California Statewide Fire Summary (9.17.14)This morning nearly 6,500 local, federal and CAL FIRE firefighters are on the frontlines of 11 major wildfires burning across California.
Placer County's Most Wanted: Robert Allen Cavin36 year old, Robert Allen Cavin, last known address of Roseville, CA, is currently being sought by authorities for Bringing controlled substance into jail or prison.
Celebrate PlacerGROWN Week October 11- 18The third annual Celebrate PlacerGROWN Week, October 11th through the 18th, will showcase the more than 100 family farms, 20 Placer County Wine Trail wineries and 9 farmers' markets in the Placer County region
Loomis Eggplant Festival Family Fun October 4thEggplants are growing in Loomis in anticipation of the 27th annual festival on Oct. 4 that includes much more than this gourmet purple fruit.
Lake Tahoe Oktoberfest at Camp RichardsonBeers, brats, and music are on tap at Camp Richardson Oct. 4-5, as Oktoberfest returns to the shores of Lake Tahoe. Now in its 20th year the annual event will showcase
California Statewide Fire Summary Over the weekend the state's fire activity increased significantly. The drought dry conditions coupled with high temperatures and low humidity allowed several new large wildfires to grow quickly