New California Laws for 2015 (Part 4)
Part 4 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes driver's licenses, gun violence restraining orders, personal information privacy, workers' comp, Medi-Cal and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature's full text of each new law will be also be included.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Segment 4
- AB-852 Driver's licenses: applications.
- AB-877 Income and Corporation taxes: denial of deduction: owner fine or penalty.
- AB-882 Voter registration and recall elections.
- AB-896 Wildlife management areas: mosquito abatement.
- AB-919 Sales and use taxes: veterans: itinerant vendors: repayment.
- AB-922 Income taxes: deductions: disaster relief: County of San Diego.
- AB-928 Personal information: privacy.
- AB-935 Driver's licenses: veteran designation.
- AB-948 Charter schools: school facilities: Charter School Facility Grant Program.
- AB-966 Prisoner Protections for Family and Community Health Act.
- AB-968 Common interest developments: common areas: maintenance and repairs.
- AB-983 Self-service storage facilities.
- AB-988 New Motor Vehicle Board: all-terrain vehicles: recreational off-highway vehicles.
- AB-1014 Gun violence restraining orders.
- AB-1035 Workers' compensation: firefighters and peace officers.
- AB-1043 Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2006: groundwater contamination.
- AB-1053 Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District: return of improperly collected money.
- AB-1089 Foster care.
- AB-1096 Vehicles: specialized license plates: Salton Sea.
- AB-1101 Vehicles: State Highway Route 101: carriers of livestock.
- AB-1104 California Environmental Quality Act: biogas pipelines: exemption.
- AB-1124 Medi-Cal: reimbursement rates.
- AB-1130 Insurance: home protection contracts.
- AB-1143 Tax administration: suspension or forfeiture: limited liability companies: check the box regulations: property tax assessment.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County's New Committee for Lodging Tax FundingAuburn, CA, - Lodging taxes collected from overnight guests in eastern Placer County have long been allocated for local, visitor-serving projects to benefit its tourism-based economy
Placer Public Health Laboratory Seeks Cost Effective FutureAuburn, CA, - Placer County will seek a more sustainable model for public health laboratory services, with a recent vote by the Board of Supervisors allowing staff to move forward
World Renowned Neonatologist to Lead Pediatrics Dept. at UC Davis(Sacramento, Calif.)-Satyan Lakshminrusimha, a world renowned neonatologist, has been named chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the UC Davis School of Medicine
In Cancer, Talking About Bad News Can Be Good(Sacramento, Calif.) - Giving bad news is never easy, especially when it's life or death. But when an oncologist delivers a poor prognosis to a cancer patient, does it harm their relationship?
Folsom City Council Picks Mayor and Vice MayorFolsom, CA - The Folsom City Council unanimously selected Steve Miklos as mayor and Ernie Sheldon as vice mayor at the Dec. 12 City Council meeting
Roseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
NEWS: In Case You Missed It