New California Laws for 2015 (Part 9)
Part 9 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes Developmental Disabilities Bill of Rights, school facilities, child performers, falsified public records, personal information privacy and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Click on each link to view the full text on the California legislatures' website.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Segment 9
- AB-1664 School facilities: sale or lease of real property.
- AB-1666 Political Reform Act of 1974: campaign funds: bribery fines.
- AB-1667 Tuberculosis testing in schools.
- AB-1668 Educational facilities: California Educational Facilities Authority.
- AB-1669 Speed limits: Orange Park Acres: equestrian trails.
- AB-1673 Political Reform Act of 1974: contributions.
- AB-1678 Women, minority, disabled veteran, and LGBT business enterprise procurement.
- AB-1680 Child Performer Services Permit.
- AB-1685 Structural pest control operators: fees.
- AB-1686 Trespass.
- AB-1687 Persons with Developmental Disabilities Bill of Rights.
- AB-1690 Local planning: housing elements.
- AB-1692 Political Reform Act of 1974.
- AB-1697 DNA and forensic identification database and databank.
- AB-1698 Falsified public records.
- AB-1700 Reverse mortgages: notifications.
- AB-1701 Family law: adoption.
- AB-1702 Professions and vocations: incarceration.
- AB-1705 Public contracts: payment.
- AB-1707 Water quality: scientific peer review.
- AB-1709 Wildlife: hunting licenses.
- AB-1710 Personal information: privacy.
- AB-1711 Administrative Procedures Act: economic impact assessment.
- AB-1712 Unclaimed property.
- AB-1717 Telecommunications: prepaid mobile telephony services: state surcharge and fees: local charges collection.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County's New Committee for Lodging Tax FundingAuburn, CA, - Lodging taxes collected from overnight guests in eastern Placer County have long been allocated for local, visitor-serving projects to benefit its tourism-based economy
Placer Public Health Laboratory Seeks Cost Effective FutureAuburn, CA, - Placer County will seek a more sustainable model for public health laboratory services, with a recent vote by the Board of Supervisors allowing staff to move forward
World Renowned Neonatologist to Lead Pediatrics Dept. at UC Davis(Sacramento, Calif.)-Satyan Lakshminrusimha, a world renowned neonatologist, has been named chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the UC Davis School of Medicine
In Cancer, Talking About Bad News Can Be Good(Sacramento, Calif.) - Giving bad news is never easy, especially when it's life or death. But when an oncologist delivers a poor prognosis to a cancer patient, does it harm their relationship?
Folsom City Council Picks Mayor and Vice MayorFolsom, CA - The Folsom City Council unanimously selected Steve Miklos as mayor and Ernie Sheldon as vice mayor at the Dec. 12 City Council meeting
Roseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
NEWS: In Case You Missed It