New California Laws for 2015 (Part 10)
Part 10 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes employee wages, mortgage loan modifications, prescription drugs, retirement communities, sexual abuse and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Click on each link to view the full text on the California legislatures' website.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Segment 10
- AB-1719 Kindergarten: evaluation and annual reporting.
- AB-1720 Vehicles: bus gross weight.
- AB-1721 Vehicles: high-occupancy vehicle lanes.
- AB-1722 Cattle protection.
- AB-1723 Employees: wages.
- AB-1727 Prescription drugs: collection and distribution program.
- AB-1730 Mortgage loan modification.
- AB-1732 Vehicles: manufacturers, distributors, and dealers.
- AB-1733 Public records: fee waiver.
- AB-1735 Nitrous oxide: dispensing and distributing.
- AB-1738 Common interest developments: dispute resolution.
- AB-1739 Groundwater management.
- AB-1743 Hypodermic needles and syringes.
- AB-1746 Workers’ compensation: proceedings: expedited hearings.
- AB-1751 Continuing care retirement communities.
- AB-1752 Redistricting: incumbent designation.
- AB-1755 Medical information.
- AB-1760 Property taxation: welfare exemption: rental housing and related facilities: payment in lieu of taxes agreement.
- AB-1761 Dependent children: placement.
- AB-1764 School curriculum: mathematics: computer science.
- AB-1765 Personal income taxes: voluntary contributions: Habitat for Humanity Fund.
- AB-1767 Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy: property destruction: fines.
- AB-1768 Declaration of candidacy: residence address.
- AB-1770 Real property liens: equity lines of credit: suspend and close.
- AB-1775 Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act: sexual abuse.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County's New Committee for Lodging Tax FundingAuburn, CA, - Lodging taxes collected from overnight guests in eastern Placer County have long been allocated for local, visitor-serving projects to benefit its tourism-based economy
Placer Public Health Laboratory Seeks Cost Effective FutureAuburn, CA, - Placer County will seek a more sustainable model for public health laboratory services, with a recent vote by the Board of Supervisors allowing staff to move forward
World Renowned Neonatologist to Lead Pediatrics Dept. at UC Davis(Sacramento, Calif.)-Satyan Lakshminrusimha, a world renowned neonatologist, has been named chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the UC Davis School of Medicine
In Cancer, Talking About Bad News Can Be Good(Sacramento, Calif.) - Giving bad news is never easy, especially when it's life or death. But when an oncologist delivers a poor prognosis to a cancer patient, does it harm their relationship?
Folsom City Council Picks Mayor and Vice MayorFolsom, CA - The Folsom City Council unanimously selected Steve Miklos as mayor and Ernie Sheldon as vice mayor at the Dec. 12 City Council meeting
Roseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
NEWS: In Case You Missed It