New California Laws for 2015 (Part 13)
Part 13 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; beer coupons, water rights, victims of sex crimes public health records, community colleges, tribal gambling, CalFresh, child care, birth certificates, Armenian Genocide education and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 13
- AB-1888 Documentary transfer tax: document for recordation: amount of tax due shown on separate paper.
- AB-1896 Coachella Valley Water District: nonpotable water use.
- AB-1897 Labor contracting: client liability.
- AB-1898 Public health records: reporting: HIV/AIDS.
- AB-1899 Residential care facilities for the elderly.
- AB-1900 Victims of sex crimes: testimony: video recording.
- AB-1905 Water rights: appropriation: small domestic, small irrigation, and livestock stockpond use.
- AB-1906 Community college property: direct costs for use.
- AB-1907 Use fuel tax: natural gas: gallon equivalent.
- AB-1912 Pupil instruction: history-social science framework: election of President Barack Obama.
- AB-1915 Pupil instruction: social sciences: Armenian Genocide.
- AB-1916 Tribal Gaming.
- AB-1920 Board of State and Community Corrections.
- AB-1928 Alcoholic beverages: coupons: beer.
- AB-1929 California Housing Finance Agency: MHSA funding: special needs housing for person with mental illness.
- AB-1930 CalFresh: student eligibility.
- AB-1932 Appellate court decisions.
- AB-1933 Local government: investments.
- AB-1937 Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act of 2011: school and hospital notification of nonemergency excavation or construction of gas pipelines.
- AB-1939 Public works: prevailing wages: contractor’s costs.
- AB-1942 Community colleges: accreditation.
- AB-1943 Tidelands: City of Eureka.
- AB-1944 Child care: administration: preferred placement of children of 11 or 12 years of age.
- AB-1945 Enforcement of money judgments: exemptions.
- AB-1951 Vital records: birth certificates.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
Groundbreaking for Interstate 80 / Highway-65 Interchange ImprovementsRoseville, CA, - The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA), in partnership with Caltrans, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, the Federal Highway Administration
Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsOlympic Valley, Calif.- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is celebrating its second annual Merry Days & Holly Nights, two weeks of spirited events and activities December 16-31.
Southern California Fires Fueled by WindsCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 8,500 firefighters have made significant progress on the wildfires burning in southern California. As containment lines continue to be reinforced, many evacuations have been lifted
$111 Million Budget Adopted by PCWA BoardAUBURN, Calif. , - At its December 7 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2018 budget
Woman Found Dead in the American River CanyonAuburn, CA,- The Placer County Sheriff's Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found in the American River canyon Wednesday as Yin Wong, 33, of Sacramento.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It