New California Laws for 2015 (Part 16)
Part 16 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; local taxes, sex offenders parole, interscholastic football,affordable housing, alcoholic beverages, criminal defendants, truancy and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 16
- AB-2117 Santa Barbara San Luis Obispo Regional Health Authority.
- AB-2119 Local taxes: transactions and use taxes.
- AB-2121 Sex Offenders: parole: disabling monitoring device.
- AB-2122 Crimes: audiovisual work: recordings.
- AB-2124 Misdemeanor offenses: deferral of sentencing: pilot program.
- AB-2127 Interscholastic sports: full-contact football practices: concussions and head injuries.
- AB-2128 Insurer investments: community development.
- AB-2130 Retail food safety.
- AB-2135 Surplus land: affordable housing.
- AB-2136 Contracts: statute of frauds.
- AB-2137 Energy efficiency programs: information available for small businesses.
- AB-2138 Innovation awards.
- AB-2139 End-of-life care: patient notification.
- AB-2141 Pupil attendance: truancy: referrals for prosecution.
- AB-2142 Timber harvesting plans: exemptions.
- AB-2143 Clinical laboratories: chiropractors.
- AB-2146 Occupational safety: firefighters: personal protective equipment.
- AB-2148 Workforce development: annual workforce metrics dashboard.
- AB-2149 The Local Agency Public Construction Act: County of San Diego: exemption.
- AB-2154 Appeals in civil actions: stay of enforcement.
- AB-2156 Local agency formation commissions: studies.
- AB-2160 Cal Grant Program: grade point average.
- AB-2161 Affordable housing.
- AB-2170 Joint powers authorities: common powers.
- AB-2171 Residential care facilities for the elderly.
- AB-2173 Vehicles: motorized bicycles.
- AB-2174 State property: surplus.
- AB-2182 Alcoholic beverage control: winegrowers: wine sales event permits.
- AB-2185 Bees: apiculture: state-owned lands.
- AB-2186 Defendants: competency.
- AB-2187 County children’s trust funds.
- AB-2188 Solar energy: permits.
- AB-2190 Criminal defendants: gravely disabled persons.
- AB-2193 Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Act.
- AB-2195 Juveniles: truancy.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County's New Committee for Lodging Tax FundingAuburn, CA, - Lodging taxes collected from overnight guests in eastern Placer County have long been allocated for local, visitor-serving projects to benefit its tourism-based economy
Placer Public Health Laboratory Seeks Cost Effective FutureAuburn, CA, - Placer County will seek a more sustainable model for public health laboratory services, with a recent vote by the Board of Supervisors allowing staff to move forward
World Renowned Neonatologist to Lead Pediatrics Dept. at UC Davis(Sacramento, Calif.)-Satyan Lakshminrusimha, a world renowned neonatologist, has been named chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the UC Davis School of Medicine
In Cancer, Talking About Bad News Can Be Good(Sacramento, Calif.) - Giving bad news is never easy, especially when it's life or death. But when an oncologist delivers a poor prognosis to a cancer patient, does it harm their relationship?
Folsom City Council Picks Mayor and Vice MayorFolsom, CA - The Folsom City Council unanimously selected Steve Miklos as mayor and Ernie Sheldon as vice mayor at the Dec. 12 City Council meeting
Roseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
NEWS: In Case You Missed It