New California Laws for 2015 (Part 16)
Part 16 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; local taxes, sex offenders parole, interscholastic football,affordable housing, alcoholic beverages, criminal defendants, truancy and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 16
- AB-2117 Santa Barbara San Luis Obispo Regional Health Authority.
- AB-2119 Local taxes: transactions and use taxes.
- AB-2121 Sex Offenders: parole: disabling monitoring device.
- AB-2122 Crimes: audiovisual work: recordings.
- AB-2124 Misdemeanor offenses: deferral of sentencing: pilot program.
- AB-2127 Interscholastic sports: full-contact football practices: concussions and head injuries.
- AB-2128 Insurer investments: community development.
- AB-2130 Retail food safety.
- AB-2135 Surplus land: affordable housing.
- AB-2136 Contracts: statute of frauds.
- AB-2137 Energy efficiency programs: information available for small businesses.
- AB-2138 Innovation awards.
- AB-2139 End-of-life care: patient notification.
- AB-2141 Pupil attendance: truancy: referrals for prosecution.
- AB-2142 Timber harvesting plans: exemptions.
- AB-2143 Clinical laboratories: chiropractors.
- AB-2146 Occupational safety: firefighters: personal protective equipment.
- AB-2148 Workforce development: annual workforce metrics dashboard.
- AB-2149 The Local Agency Public Construction Act: County of San Diego: exemption.
- AB-2154 Appeals in civil actions: stay of enforcement.
- AB-2156 Local agency formation commissions: studies.
- AB-2160 Cal Grant Program: grade point average.
- AB-2161 Affordable housing.
- AB-2170 Joint powers authorities: common powers.
- AB-2171 Residential care facilities for the elderly.
- AB-2173 Vehicles: motorized bicycles.
- AB-2174 State property: surplus.
- AB-2182 Alcoholic beverage control: winegrowers: wine sales event permits.
- AB-2185 Bees: apiculture: state-owned lands.
- AB-2186 Defendants: competency.
- AB-2187 County children’s trust funds.
- AB-2188 Solar energy: permits.
- AB-2190 Criminal defendants: gravely disabled persons.
- AB-2193 Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Act.
- AB-2195 Juveniles: truancy.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPassport Weekend Spectacular Fun in Fair PlayFair Play, CA- California is always full of surprise. This weekend marked our return to El Dorado Wines Passport Weekend.
Growing Weed in Placer County? Rules and ComplianceAuburn, CA - With Placer County's cannabis ordinance now in effect for over a year, county staff will host three drop-in meetings in May to answer questions about rules for cannabis cultivation
2018 Volkswagen SportWagen provides versatilityRoseville, CA,- Versatility is the 2018 Volkswagen SportWagen's main calling card, yet it has other enviable qualities that make it a good choice for car buyers.
Fundraiser in honor of Roseville transplant patientApril is Donate Life Month, but for Roseville resident Jason Crutchley, it's another month spent hoping he will receive a second chance at life.
Construction and Trades Job Fair this SaturdaySacramento, CA- For the fourth year in a row, the North State Building Industry Foundation will hold its annual Skilled Trades Job Fair this Saturday, April 21.
(CIA) presents Conversations at Copia: TerroirNapa, CA,- The CIA at Copia, The Culinary Institute of America's newest venture in downtown Napa will present Conversations at Copia: Terroir on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
Roseville Earth Day Festival at Royer ParkRoseville, CA- On Saturday, April 21 from 10am - 3pm, the Arts Council of Placer County will be hosting Earth Day 2018 at Royer Park (190 Park Drive, Roseville, CA 95678)
Kaiser Permanente in Roseville names Jordan Herget as Senior VPRoseville, CA,- Jordan Herget, a health-care executive with more than 13 years of senior leadership experience in multiple health systems, has been named senior vice president and area manager
Brennan named President of Landmark ConstructionLandmark Construction has named Kevin Brennan, Nevada City resident, as president of the $75 million privately owned, public works general contracting company
BottleRock Napa Valley Lineups for JaMPad Stage and VIP Village Acoustic StageNAPA, CA, -- BottleRock Napa Valley 2018, presented by JaM Cellars, has announced the lineups for the JamPad Stage and VIP Village Acoustic Stage powered by Cisco
Rick Hillman Named Folsom Police ChiefFolsom, CA - Folsom City Manager Evert Palmer recently announced that Folsom Police Department Commander Rick Hillman will be the next City of Folsom Chief of Police.
William Jessup Announces New Research InstituteROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University recently announced the creation of a new research endeavor, the Institute for Biodiversity and the Environment (IBE).
NEWS: In Case You Missed It