New California Laws for 2015 (Part 17)
Part 17 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; money transmission, veterans, utility rates, water replenishment, insurance, elections, housing density bonus and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 17
- AB-2199 Mandatory supervision: costs.
- AB-2203 Alcoholic beverages: beer labeling.
- AB-2209 Money Transmission Act.
- AB-2213 Behavioral health care licensees.
- AB-2214 Emergency room physicians and surgeons: continuing medical education: geriatric care.
- AB-2215 Veterans: recorded documents.
- AB-2217 Pupil and personnel health: automated external defibrillators.
- AB-2218 Electricity and natural gas rates.
- AB-2219 Initiative and referendum petitions: verification of signatures.
- AB-2220 Private security services: private patrol operators.
- AB-2222 Housing density bonus.
- AB-2227 Citizens Oversight Board: implementation.
- AB-2228 Crisis nurseries.
- AB-2230 Insurance: Workers’ Comp Bond Fund: assessments.
- AB-2231 State Controller: property tax postponement.
- AB-2233 Primary elections: petitions: signatures.
- AB-2236 Care facilities: civil penalties.
- AB-2239 Forest practices: management plans: change of ownership.
- AB-2241 Local government: agricultural land.
- AB-2243 Elections: voting rights guide: incarcerated persons.
- AB-2247 Postsecondary education: accreditation documents.
- AB-2250 Toll facilities: revenues.
- AB-2251 Weights and measures: beverage containers: redemption value.
- AB-2252 Child support payments: electronic fund transfer: qualifying accounts.
- AB-2253 Bilingual services: implementation plans.
- AB-2256 Civil procedure: service and fees: sheriffs.
- AB-2257 Property tax: tax-defaulted property: excess proceeds from sale.
- AB-2259 Water replenishment: assessments.
- AB-2263 Veterans service advocate: correctional facilities.
- AB-2264 Victim compensation: guide, signal, or service dogs.
- AB-2272 Public works: prevailing wage.
- AB-2274 The California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission.
- AB-2276 Pupils: transfers from juvenile court schools.
- AB-2279 Insurance: life agents.
- AB-2282 Building standards: recycled water systems.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
Groundbreaking for Interstate 80 / Highway-65 Interchange ImprovementsRoseville, CA, - The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA), in partnership with Caltrans, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, the Federal Highway Administration
Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsOlympic Valley, Calif.- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is celebrating its second annual Merry Days & Holly Nights, two weeks of spirited events and activities December 16-31.
Southern California Fires Fueled by WindsCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 8,500 firefighters have made significant progress on the wildfires burning in southern California. As containment lines continue to be reinforced, many evacuations have been lifted
$111 Million Budget Adopted by PCWA BoardAUBURN, Calif. , - At its December 7 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2018 budget
Woman Found Dead in the American River CanyonAuburn, CA,- The Placer County Sheriff's Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found in the American River canyon Wednesday as Yin Wong, 33, of Sacramento.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It