New California Laws for 2015 (Part 22)
Part 22 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; interstate water rights, public resources, Medi-Cal renewal, wiretapping, drought relief, BB devices,pupil assessment, space flight liability and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 22
- AB-2754 Income taxes: credits: electronic filing: charitable remainder trusts.
- AB-2755 Nonprofit corporations: directors.
- AB-2758 Sales and use taxes: administration: qualified use tax: acceptable tax return.
- AB-2759 Interstate water rights.
- AB-2760 Public utilities: contracting: women, minority, and disabled veteran business enterprises.
- AB-2761 Public Utilities Commission: report: renewable energy resources.
- AB-2762 Local government.
- AB-2763 State government operations.
- AB-2764 Public resources.
- AB-2765 Horse racing: marketing organizations.
- AB-2766 Elections: central committees: oaths.
- SB-18 Medi-Cal renewal.
- SB-20 Individual health care coverage: enrollment periods.
- SB-26 Orange County Water District: land use.
- SB-27 Political Reform Act of 1974.
- SB-29 Vote by mail ballots and election result statements.
- SB-35 Wiretapping: authorization.
- SB-103 Budget Act of 2013.
- SB-104 Drought relief.
- SB-113 Elections: voter registration.
- SB-124 Human remains: Abbot Archimandrite Theodor Micka.
- SB-173 Education funding: adult education.
- SB-174 Student financial aid: Cal Grant Program.
- SB-193 Hazard evaluation system and information service.
- SB-199 BB devices.
- SB-245 Contracts.
- SB-266 Prevailing wages.
- SB-267 Pupil assessment: high school exit examination: eligible pupils with disabilities.
- SB-268 Health care districts: public contracts: design-build.
- SB-270 Solid waste: single-use carryout bags.
- SB-315 Contractors.
- SB-355 Income taxes: credit: conservation.
- SB-384 California Memorial Scholarship Program.
- SB-396 Public services.
- SB-406 Tribal Court Civil Money Judgment Act.
- SB-415 Space flight liability.
- SB-419 Restitution: collection of fines, fees, and orders.
- SB-434 Public Utilities Commission: removal of a commissioner.
- SB-445 Underground storage tanks: hazardous substances: petroleum: groundwater and surface water contamination.
- SB-469 Vehicles: aerodynamic vehicles.
- SB-477 Foreign labor contractors: registration.
- SB-486 Department of Transportation: goals and performance measures.
- SB-498 Solid waste: biomass conversion.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesWilliam Jessup University Announces Largest Graduating ClassROCKLIN, CA., - William Jessup University, the first WASC accredited private, four-year residential Christian university in the greater Sacramento region will celebrate its 77th annual
Sonoma County Outdoor Recreation Month in May SONOMA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA - Celebrate one of California's most diverse natural destinations as Sonoma County announces its inaugural Outdoor Recreation Month in May
Monophonics Sure is Funky at TerrapinSan Rafael,CA- As the mercury pushed into the 70's this past Friday, music fans began slowly dancing their way toward Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael.
Storms Bring Good News for Water SupplyAUBURN, Calif. - Despite a dry start to 2018, storms in late March and early April have produced above-average precipitation in the watersheds that source Placer County Water Agency's
PCF Awards $18,000 in Grants to Promote Civil Discourse(Auburn, Calif.) - Open dialogue and communication are key elements in maintaining a healthy, connected community. To encourage debate, Placer Community Foundation
Dog Abandoned in Roseville under Inhumane CircumstancesRoseville, Calif. - A dog was found abandoned in a corner of the Atlantic Street Pet Emergency Center parking lot under terribly inhumane circumstances
Sun City Roseville Harmonicoots 2018 JamboreeRoseville, CA- This year, the Harmonicoots will honor all women harmonica players throughout the world at their Jamboree-scheduled for Thursday, May 8, 2018
Roseville Gas Prices Hold Steady Past Week Roseville, CA,- Roseville gas prices were relatively flat this past week, but remain at levels pushing near 2014 levels at some locations
Successful Transitions for Young Adults with Neurodevelopmental DisordersSacramento, CA- For many people with disabilities, the excitement of life after high school is accompanied by challenges with finding and receiving the services and supports
Passport Weekend Spectacular Fun in Fair PlayFair Play, CA- California is always full of surprise. This weekend marked our return to El Dorado Wines Passport Weekend.
Growing Weed in Placer County? Rules and ComplianceAuburn, CA - With Placer County's cannabis ordinance now in effect for over a year, county staff will host three drop-in meetings in May to answer questions about rules for cannabis cultivation
2018 Volkswagen SportWagen provides versatilityRoseville, CA,- Versatility is the 2018 Volkswagen SportWagen's main calling card, yet it has other enviable qualities that make it a good choice for car buyers.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It