New California Laws for 2015 (Part 23)
Part 23 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; autism: employment, peace officers, name changes for minors, drugs, motion pictures, taxes, juveniles: sex offenses, discharge of prisoners, criminal law and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 23
- SB-502 University of California: bidding requirements.
- SB-505 Peace officers: welfare checks: firearms.
- SB-508 Medi-Cal: eligibility.
- SB-545 Name change: minors.
- SB-556 Providers of health and safety labor or services: identification.
- SB-577 Autism and other developmental disabilities: employment.
- SB-578 Behavioral sciences: records retention.
- SB-600 Drugs.
- SB-605 Short-lived climate pollutants.
- SB-611 Modified limousines: inspection program: safety requirements.
- SB-614 Local government: jurisdictional changes: infrastructure financing.
- SB-628 Enhanced infrastructure financing districts.
- SB-636 Public Utilities Commission: proceedings.
- SB-650 Motion pictures.
- SB-673 County employees’ retirement: Contra Costa County.
- SB-674 California Environmental Quality Act: exemption: residential infill projects.
- SB-699 Public utilities: electrical corporations.
- SB-702 Criminal law: badges: impersonation.
- SB-712 Hazardous waste facility: permitting: interim status.
- SB-718 Capital investment incentive programs: corporation tax credit: new advanced strategic aircraft program.
- SB-721 Horse racing.
- SB-722 California Mexican American Veterans’ Memorial Beautification and Enhancement Fund: extension of operation.
- SB-761 Personal income taxes: voluntary contributions: School Supplies for Homeless Children Fund.
- SB-777 Horse racing: workers’ compensation.
- SB-782 Income taxes: voluntary contributions: California Sexual Violence Victim Services Fund.
- SB-785 Design-build.
- SB-798 Income taxes: credits: contributions to education funds.
- SB-803 Local government: counties: consolidation of offices.
- SB-827 Local government: Los Angeles County: notice of recordation.
- SB-828 Assistance to federal agencies.
- SB-829 Local government: City of Escalon: sale of property.
- SB-833 Jails: discharge of prisoners.
- SB-838 Juveniles: sex offenses.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesWilliam Jessup University Announces Largest Graduating ClassROCKLIN, CA., - William Jessup University, the first WASC accredited private, four-year residential Christian university in the greater Sacramento region will celebrate its 77th annual
Sonoma County Outdoor Recreation Month in May SONOMA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA - Celebrate one of California's most diverse natural destinations as Sonoma County announces its inaugural Outdoor Recreation Month in May
Monophonics Sure is Funky at TerrapinSan Rafael,CA- As the mercury pushed into the 70's this past Friday, music fans began slowly dancing their way toward Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael.
Storms Bring Good News for Water SupplyAUBURN, Calif. - Despite a dry start to 2018, storms in late March and early April have produced above-average precipitation in the watersheds that source Placer County Water Agency's
PCF Awards $18,000 in Grants to Promote Civil Discourse(Auburn, Calif.) - Open dialogue and communication are key elements in maintaining a healthy, connected community. To encourage debate, Placer Community Foundation
Dog Abandoned in Roseville under Inhumane CircumstancesRoseville, Calif. - A dog was found abandoned in a corner of the Atlantic Street Pet Emergency Center parking lot under terribly inhumane circumstances
Sun City Roseville Harmonicoots 2018 JamboreeRoseville, CA- This year, the Harmonicoots will honor all women harmonica players throughout the world at their Jamboree-scheduled for Thursday, May 8, 2018
Roseville Gas Prices Hold Steady Past Week Roseville, CA,- Roseville gas prices were relatively flat this past week, but remain at levels pushing near 2014 levels at some locations
Successful Transitions for Young Adults with Neurodevelopmental DisordersSacramento, CA- For many people with disabilities, the excitement of life after high school is accompanied by challenges with finding and receiving the services and supports
Passport Weekend Spectacular Fun in Fair PlayFair Play, CA- California is always full of surprise. This weekend marked our return to El Dorado Wines Passport Weekend.
Growing Weed in Placer County? Rules and ComplianceAuburn, CA - With Placer County's cannabis ordinance now in effect for over a year, county staff will host three drop-in meetings in May to answer questions about rules for cannabis cultivation
2018 Volkswagen SportWagen provides versatilityRoseville, CA,- Versatility is the 2018 Volkswagen SportWagen's main calling card, yet it has other enviable qualities that make it a good choice for car buyers.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It