New California Laws for 2015 (Part 25)
Part 25 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; bribery, health, property taxes, assault, felony sex crimes, arson, standardized testing, vending machines and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 25
- SB-870 Health.
- SB-871 Property taxes: new construction exclusion: active solar energy system.
- SB-873 Human services.
- SB-875 Public safety.
- SB-876 Education finance.
- SB-877 Correctional facilities: construction.
- SB-878 In-home supportive services: onsite provider orientation.
- SB-879 State employees: memoranda of understanding.
- SB-883 West Contra Costa Healthcare District.
- SB-895 Residential care facilities for the elderly.
- SB-896 Finance lenders: nonprofit organizations: zero-interest, low-cost loans: exemptions.
- SB-897 Educational programs: history-social science framework: adult education: civics instruction.
- SB-898 State government: state funds.
- SB-900 Public utilities: rate case application: safety.
- SB-905 Assault: force likely to produce great bodily injury.
- SB-906 Elective Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) Program.
- SB-910 Domestic violence: restraining orders.
- SB-911 Residential care facilities for the elderly.
- SB-912 State property: vending machines.
- SB-915 Standardized testing: inadequate or improper test conditions.
- SB-926 Crimes: statute of limitation: felony sex crimes.
- SB-930 Arson.
- SB-936 Utilities.
- SB-939 Criminal jurisdiction.
- SB-940 California Conservatorship Jurisdiction Act.
- SB-941 Vessel operator cards.
- SB-944 Surplus state property.
- SB-946 Community facilities: Orange County Sanitation District.
- SB-948 Active militia.
- SB-949 After school programs: Distinguished After School Health Recognition Program.
- SB-950 Bribery: statute of limitations: tolling.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPlacer County's New Committee for Lodging Tax FundingAuburn, CA, - Lodging taxes collected from overnight guests in eastern Placer County have long been allocated for local, visitor-serving projects to benefit its tourism-based economy
Placer Public Health Laboratory Seeks Cost Effective FutureAuburn, CA, - Placer County will seek a more sustainable model for public health laboratory services, with a recent vote by the Board of Supervisors allowing staff to move forward
World Renowned Neonatologist to Lead Pediatrics Dept. at UC Davis(Sacramento, Calif.)-Satyan Lakshminrusimha, a world renowned neonatologist, has been named chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the UC Davis School of Medicine
In Cancer, Talking About Bad News Can Be Good(Sacramento, Calif.) - Giving bad news is never easy, especially when it's life or death. But when an oncologist delivers a poor prognosis to a cancer patient, does it harm their relationship?
Folsom City Council Picks Mayor and Vice MayorFolsom, CA - The Folsom City Council unanimously selected Steve Miklos as mayor and Ernie Sheldon as vice mayor at the Dec. 12 City Council meeting
Roseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
NEWS: In Case You Missed It