New California Laws for 2015 (Part 26)
Part 26 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes; smartphones, health coverage, rape victims, prisoners DNA testing, cocaine, nonprofits, healing arts, student financial aid and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 26
- SB-952 Prohibited financial interests: aiding and abetting.
- SB-953 Vehicles: parking: public grounds.
- SB-955 Interception of electronic communications.
- SB-959 Health care coverage.
- SB-960 Pharmacy.
- SB-962 Smartphones.
- SB-964 Health care coverage.
- SB-967 Student safety: sexual assault.
- SB-968 Public lands: Martins Beach property: access road.
- SB-971 School finance: categorical programs.
- SB-972 California Health Benefit Exchange: board: membership.
- SB-973 Narcotic treatment programs.
- SB-977 Juveniles.
- SB-978 Rape victims: local rape victim counseling centers: notice.
- SB-980 Prisoners: DNA testing.
- SB-985 Stormwater resource planning.
- SB-987 California Sea Otter Fund.
- SB-988 Fox Canyon Groundwater Management Agency.
- SB-992 Common interest developments: property use and maintenance.
- SB-993 Healing arts: dietitians.
- SB-997 Voluntary contributions: California Fund for Senior Citizens.
- SB-1004 Health care: palliative care.
- SB-1009 Public records.
- SB-1010 Cocaine base: penalties.
- SB-1011 Nonprofit corporations: self-insurance.
- SB-1012 Healing arts: licensure requirements.
- SB-1015 Inmates.
- SB-1018 Pest control: citrus disease prevention.
- SB-1019 Upholstered furniture: flame retardant chemicals.
- SB-1022 Public postsecondary education: labor market outcome information.
- SB-1023 Community colleges: foster youth.
- SB-1025 Department of the California Highway Patrol: Department of Human Resources.
- SB-1027 Booking photographs: commercial use.
- SB-1028 Student financial aid: Cal Grant C awards.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
Groundbreaking for Interstate 80 / Highway-65 Interchange ImprovementsRoseville, CA, - The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA), in partnership with Caltrans, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, the Federal Highway Administration
Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsOlympic Valley, Calif.- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is celebrating its second annual Merry Days & Holly Nights, two weeks of spirited events and activities December 16-31.
Southern California Fires Fueled by WindsCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 8,500 firefighters have made significant progress on the wildfires burning in southern California. As containment lines continue to be reinforced, many evacuations have been lifted
$111 Million Budget Adopted by PCWA BoardAUBURN, Calif. , - At its December 7 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2018 budget
Woman Found Dead in the American River CanyonAuburn, CA,- The Placer County Sheriff's Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found in the American River canyon Wednesday as Yin Wong, 33, of Sacramento.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It