New California Laws for 2015 (Part 31)
Part 31 in an ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2015. This segment includes controlled substances, truancy, refineries, misdemeanors maximum sentence, Medi-Cal, unemployment, groundwater and more.
The California Legislature in Sacramento passes hundreds of new laws each year for California residents and business. This annual series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed.
Check daily for the latest updates as we unpack them all. Quickly scan which of California's new laws may impact you.
California's New Laws for 2015 - Part 31
- SB-1275 Vehicle retirement and replacement: Charge Ahead California Initiative.
- SB-1276 Health care: fair billing policies.
- SB-1281 Oil and gas production: water use: reporting.
- SB-1283 Controlled substances.
- SB-1291 Public cemetery districts: Halcumb Cemetery District.
- SB-1295 Trespass: requests for law enforcement assistance.
- SB-1296 Juveniles: contemptuous habitual truants.
- SB-1298 High-occupancy toll lanes.
- SB-1299 Workplace violence prevention plans: hospitals.
- SB-1300 Refineries: turnarounds.
- SB-1301 Corporate Flexibility Act of 2011: Social Purpose Corporations Act.
- SB-1304 Maintenance of the codes.
- SB-1306 Marriage.
- SB-1310 Misdemeanors: maximum sentence.
- SB-1311 Hospitals: antimicrobial stewardship.
- SB-1312 California Transportation Commission: annual report.
- SB-1314 Unemployment insurance benefits: determination: appeals.
- SB-1315 Medi-Cal: providers.
- SB-1319 Groundwater.
- SB-1323 Specialized license plates: Pet Lover’s License Plate Program.
- SB-1326 Hearing aids: warranty: work order or receipt.
- SB-1332 Pesticides: carbon monoxide pest control devices.
- SB-1335 Income and corporation taxes: credits: information.
- SB-1339 Medi-Cal: Drug Medi-Cal Treatment Program providers.
- SB-1340 Health care coverage: provider contracts.
Miss a Segment? Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2015
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Paying 20 Percent More for ThisRoseville, CA, - Roseville gas prices dipped again slightly this past week offering motorists a slight reprieve since the gas tax went into effect on November 1
263,000 Acres Already Torched in Southern California FiresCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 9,000 firefighters remain on the line, successfully making progress in containment of several of the fires that sparked last week in southern California
WinterWonderGrass Music and Brew Festival Tickets On SaleOlympic Valley, Calif., - Silhouetted against the snowy Sierra Nevada, WinterWonderGrass Festival returns for its 4th year at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows with headlining artists
TobyMac Tour Coming to Sacramento and RenoSacramento,CA, - Seven-time GRAMMY winner TobyMac will once again bring his dynamic "HITS DEEP Tour" to 29 markets next year, alongside a talent-packed line up
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue Seeks Volunteers and InternsAUBURN - Gold Country Wildlife Rescue is seeking the assistance of dedicated individuals to help support animals in need.
All-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
Groundbreaking for Interstate 80 / Highway-65 Interchange ImprovementsRoseville, CA, - The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA), in partnership with Caltrans, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, the Federal Highway Administration
Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsOlympic Valley, Calif.- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is celebrating its second annual Merry Days & Holly Nights, two weeks of spirited events and activities December 16-31.
Southern California Fires Fueled by WindsCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: Over 8,500 firefighters have made significant progress on the wildfires burning in southern California. As containment lines continue to be reinforced, many evacuations have been lifted
$111 Million Budget Adopted by PCWA BoardAUBURN, Calif. , - At its December 7 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2018 budget
Woman Found Dead in the American River CanyonAuburn, CA,- The Placer County Sheriff's Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found in the American River canyon Wednesday as Yin Wong, 33, of Sacramento.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It