New California Laws for 2016 (Part 4)
Roseville, CA- Part 4 in our annual series highlighting California laws for the new year of 2016. This segment includes medical marijuana, health insurance, child care, foster care, consumer protections, food safety and more.
Check back daily for the latest California's new laws may impact you or your business.
California's New Laws for 2016 - Part 4
- AB 224 - Pupils: educational liaison for foster children: notice of educational rights of foster children.
- AB 226 - Retail food safety: fishermen's markets.
- AB 229 - State employees: travel reimbursement.
- AB 231 - Parole: placement at release.
- AB 232 - Hospitals: seismic safety.
- AB 234 - Food: sale.
- AB 236 - Weighmasters: exemptions: pawnbrokers and secondhand dealers.
- AB 243 - Medical marijuana.
- AB 248 - Health insurance: minimum value: large group market policies.
- AB 249 - Criminal courts: appeals: fees.
- AB 250 - Telehealth: marriage and family therapist interns and trainees.
- AB 256 - Falsifying evidence.
- AB 258 - Organ transplants: medical marijuana: qualified patients.
- AB 260 - Foster care: parenting youth.
- AB 264 - Farm products: processors: produce dealers: seeds.
- AB 265 - Consumer protection: buy-here-pay-here dealers.
- AB 266 - Medical marijuana.
- AB 271 - Child care: alternative payment programs and contractors: electronic records: digital signatures.
- AB 273 - Increases the interest rate charged by DTSC on unpaid penalties and other invoices to 7 percent per annum until June 30, 2021, and 10 percent per annum thereafter.
- AB 274 - Authorizes DTSC to prioritize cost recovery efforts in order to use resources most efficiently.
- AB 275 - Requires DTSC to file an action to recover oversight and cleanup costs within three years after completion of all response actions have been certified.
- AB 276 - Authorizes DTSC to require hazardous waste managers to ensure their ability to pay for or perform a cleanup, should it become necessary.
- AB 277 - California Voting Rights Act of 2001.
- AB 279 - Tax administration: disclosure of information: California Franchise Tax Board and cities and counties.
- AB 281 - Collateral recovery.
Miss a segment? We've got you covered! Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2016
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesPioneer touts lower rates than PG&EPlacer County, CA,- The Pioneer Community Energy (Pioneer) Board reviewed its rates in light of PG&E's recent rate hikes, and voted unanimously to maintain Pioneer's rates
Petaluma Music Festival Lineup AnnouncedPetaluma, California - This marks the eleventh year for what has become one of the most highly regarded festivals on the West Coast.
Curling Competition Comes to RosevilleRoseville, CA- Three-day curling tournament will take place March 23-25 at Skatetown in Roseville, CA.
Striking New Finding in Autism Research(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - In a striking new finding, researchers at the UC Davis MIND Institute found that typically-developing children gain more neurons in a region of the brain that governs social and emotional behavior, the amygdala
FBI Seeks Roseville, Rocklin Bank Robbery SuspectRoseville, CA -The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) seeks assistance from the public to identify an individual suspected of committing four bank robberies in Northern California.
2018 High Sierra Music Festival Lineup AdditionsQuincy, CA - The 28th Annual High Sierra Music Festival announces additions to the artist lineup which include Grace Potter, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Foundation of Funk, The Floozies,
Déjà Vu as Gas Prices Ascend to Higher LevelsRoseville, CA,- Feels like we've been here before. Some Roseville motorists might be experiencing a little sense of déjà vu at the gas pump.
Davis Tow Owners, Employees Arrested in Suspected Illegal Towing SchemeSACRAMENTO, Calif. - A two-year criminal investigation by the California Highway Patrol, Valley Division Investigative Services Unit, culminated yesterday in the arrests of five employees
Jessup Warriors keep rolling on with seven-game win streakLINCOLN, Calif. - It was an all-out battle at McBean Park today as the ball game was gridlocked at 4 apiece for four innings between your nationally ranked No. 7 Warriors and RV The Master's Mustangs
Nissan does great job with Armada redesignRoseville, CA, - Historically, changes have not been part of the playbook for the Nissan Armada.
Placer County Water Agency Credit Rating ReaffirmedAUBURN, Calif. - The Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) is in the final stages of refinancing approximately $31.47 million of debt to take advantage of lower interest rates available
Serious Fun at El Dorado Wines Passport WeekendEl Dorado County, CA - Among the top events in Northern California, Passport Weekend is rated a "do not miss" celebration by Rocklin & Roseville Today's travel and entertainment editors.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It