New California Laws for 2016 (Part 4)
Roseville, CA- Part 4 in our annual series highlighting California laws for the new year of 2016. This segment includes medical marijuana, health insurance, child care, foster care, consumer protections, food safety and more.
Check back daily for the latest California's new laws may impact you or your business.
California's New Laws for 2016 - Part 4
- AB 224 - Pupils: educational liaison for foster children: notice of educational rights of foster children.
- AB 226 - Retail food safety: fishermen's markets.
- AB 229 - State employees: travel reimbursement.
- AB 231 - Parole: placement at release.
- AB 232 - Hospitals: seismic safety.
- AB 234 - Food: sale.
- AB 236 - Weighmasters: exemptions: pawnbrokers and secondhand dealers.
- AB 243 - Medical marijuana.
- AB 248 - Health insurance: minimum value: large group market policies.
- AB 249 - Criminal courts: appeals: fees.
- AB 250 - Telehealth: marriage and family therapist interns and trainees.
- AB 256 - Falsifying evidence.
- AB 258 - Organ transplants: medical marijuana: qualified patients.
- AB 260 - Foster care: parenting youth.
- AB 264 - Farm products: processors: produce dealers: seeds.
- AB 265 - Consumer protection: buy-here-pay-here dealers.
- AB 266 - Medical marijuana.
- AB 271 - Child care: alternative payment programs and contractors: electronic records: digital signatures.
- AB 273 - Increases the interest rate charged by DTSC on unpaid penalties and other invoices to 7 percent per annum until June 30, 2021, and 10 percent per annum thereafter.
- AB 274 - Authorizes DTSC to prioritize cost recovery efforts in order to use resources most efficiently.
- AB 275 - Requires DTSC to file an action to recover oversight and cleanup costs within three years after completion of all response actions have been certified.
- AB 276 - Authorizes DTSC to require hazardous waste managers to ensure their ability to pay for or perform a cleanup, should it become necessary.
- AB 277 - California Voting Rights Act of 2001.
- AB 279 - Tax administration: disclosure of information: California Franchise Tax Board and cities and counties.
- AB 281 - Collateral recovery.
Miss a segment? We've got you covered! Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2016
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesWildfires are Increasing Housing CrunchSacramento area Realtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, writes about the wine country wildfires and how they are impacting the housing crunch and the displaced homeowners.
Sierra College Holds People & Culture Days CelebrationRocklin, CA - Have you sampled homemade tamales? Have you danced to Greek music? Can you make a Japanese origami crane?
Traffic Alert: Closure of I-80 and Hwy 65 Interchange ScheduledRoseville/ Rocklin, CA - On Saturday, October 21 from 11:00 p.m. to Sunday, October 22 at 6:00 a.m., PG&E will relocate three lines over Highway 65 between I-80 and Galleria Boulevard/Stanford Ranch Road,
Golden 1 Center Creates Economic Spark for SacramentoSacramento, Calif. - Downtown Sacramento Partnership and the Greater Sacramento Economic Council today unveiled new research explaining indicators that show the unprecedented change
California Fire Death Toll Hits 41California Fire Updates 2017: In the past week, over 245,000 acres have burned across California. More than 11,000 firefighters continue making progress on 12 large wildfires burning in the State
Volkswagen unveils versatile new GolfRoseville, CA,- The all-new 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack. Volkswagen has attempted to build the Alltrack with some enviable features that give it the versatility that appeals to people who enjoy staying active.
Roseville Gas Prices Continue DroppingRoseville, CA, - More good news for Roseville area motorists as gas prices continue to move lower. The cooler weather is moving in and autumn weekday road trips are idyllic
31 Confirmed Dead in California Wildfire DevastationCalifornia Fire Updates 2017: The death toll has risen to 31 across 4 fires as estimates remain that 3,500 homes and other structures have been destroyed
Placer Women's Retreat in Roseville on November 4thRoseville, CA- The Placer Women's Retreat will take place at the Falls Event Center in Roseville on November 4, 2017.
Sacramento Area Council of Governments UpdatesThe Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) is pleased to announce Christina Lokke as its new Policy Manager and the promotion of Erik Johnson to Director
Spookomotive Trains to Treat Old Sacramento VisitorsSACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Back by popular demand, California State Parks and the California State Railroad Museum & Foundation will once again offer engaging and entertaining "Spookomotive"
Disney's Beauty and the Beast set for Harris CenterEl Dorado Musical Theatre is proud to present Disney's Beauty and the Beast which will run October 27 - November 5, 2017 at the Harris Center
NEWS: In Case You Missed It