New California Laws for 2016 (Part 7)
Part 7 in our series highlighting the California laws for 2016. This segment includes child advocates, social services, protective orders, income tax, elections, restraining orders and more.
Check back daily for the latest California's new laws may impact you or your business.
California's New Laws for 2016 - Part 7
- AB 417 - Forest practices: resource conservation standards.
- AB 418 - Tenancy: termination: victims of violent crime.
- AB 422 - Sacramento Regional Transit District: line of credit.
- AB 424 - Court appointed child advocates: wards.
- AB 432 - Civil procedure: electronic signatures.
- AB 433 - Public social services: CalWORKs.
- AB 434 - Drinking water: point-of-entry and point-of-use treatment.
- AB 436 - Guardian or conservator: powers and duties.
- AB 438 - State government: workers' compensation: compensation.
- AB 439 - Protective orders: batterer's program.
- AB 442 - Governor's Military Council.
- AB 446 - Baldwin Hills Conservancy.
- AB 447 - Property insurance: discrimination.
- AB 449 - Income taxation: savings plans: Qualified ABLE Program.
- AB 451 - Private parking facilities.
- AB 461 - Coordinated Care Initiative.
- AB 467 - Pyrotechnic devices: model rockets.
- AB 468 - Wards and conservatees: mental health.
- AB 475 - Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
- AB 477 - Elections: ballots and the Green Party.
- AB 485 - Personal income taxes: voluntary contributions: Prevention of Animal Homelessness and Cruelty Fund.
- AB 486 - Centralized hospital packaging pharmacies: medication labels.
- AB 489 - California Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor Act.
- AB 494 - Restraining orders: protection of animals.
- AB 495 - Regional park and open-space districts: general manager: powers.
Miss a segment? We've got you covered! Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2016
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesAll-new Volkswagen Atlas a roomy SUVRoseville, CA,- Looking to fill what it considered a void in its sport utility vehicle offerings, Volkswagen developed the 2018 Atlas.
Lower Cost Electricity Anticipated for Some Placer County ResidentsPLACER COUNTY, CA - In December, residents and businesses will receive the first of several notices informing them about the coming change in their electric energy supply
Groundbreaking for Interstate 80 / Highway-65 Interchange ImprovementsRoseville, CA, - The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA), in partnership with Caltrans, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, the Federal Highway Administration
Merry Days & Holly Nights at Squaw Valley Alpine MeadowsOlympic Valley, Calif.- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is celebrating its second annual Merry Days & Holly Nights, two weeks of spirited events and activities December 16-31.
Southern California Fires Fueled by WindsOver 8,500 firefighters have made significant progress on the wildfires burning in southern California. As containment lines continue to be reinforced, many evacuations have been lifted
$111 Million Budget Adopted by PCWA BoardAUBURN, Calif. , - At its December 7 meeting, the Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) Board of Directors adopted the Agency's 2018 budget
Woman Found Dead in the American River CanyonAuburn, CA,- The Placer County Sheriff's Coroner's Office has confirmed the identity of the woman found in the American River canyon Wednesday as Yin Wong, 33, of Sacramento.
Reward Offered in Khaki Bandit CaseSACRAMENTO- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of an armed and dangerous individual
Joey Travolta to Speak at MIND Institute(Sacramento, Calif.)-The UC Davis MIND Institute will host Joey Travolta on Wednesday, Dec. 13 as part of the ongoing Distinguished Lecturer Series. Travolta, owner of Inclusion Films
Medieval Armored Combat in Roseville @ the GroundsRoseville, CA - On Dec. 9-10 the newly renovated barn @the Grounds will showcase real knights in real battles in true medieval fashion for the Armored Combat League
Placer County Property Taxes Due ReminderAuburn, CA, - Placer County Treasurer-Tax Collector Jenine Windeshausen reminds property owners that the first installment of their annual property taxes for the 2017-18 tax year
Folsom Zoo Wild Nights and Holiday LightsFolsom, CA,- Many hours of hands-on work by local families, businesses, community groups and city staff go into installing the lights, decorations and displays for the Folsom Zoo
NEWS: In Case You Missed It