New California Laws 2017 (Part 1)
Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Our annual series follows the list of laws were chaptered in California during the 2015-2016 session. For complete details and to learn the effective date of each law simply follow the respective link to the California State Legislature. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws may impact you or your business.
Part 1 includes racial mascots, immigration, tobacco, marijuana, search warrants, mental health and much more.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 1
- ABX-1 - Drought: local governments: fines.
- ABX2-1 - Developmental services: Medi-Cal: funding.
- AB-2 - Community revitalization authority.
- AB-3 - Isla Vista Community Services District.
- AB-7 - Public schools: Larry Itliong Day.
- ABX2-7 - Smoking in the workplace.
- AB-8 - Emergency services: hit-and-run incidents.
- ABX2-9 - Tobacco use programs.
- ABX2-11 - Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.
- AB-15 - Limitation of actions: human rights abuses.
- ABX2-15 - End of life.
- AB-21 - Medical marijuana: cultivation licenses.
- AB-25 - Financial aid: Cal Grant program: renewal.
- AB-30 - School or athletic team names: California Racial Mascots Act.
- AB-32 - Computer crimes.
- AB-33 - Electrical corporations: energy storage systems: long duration bulk energy storage resources.
- AB-38 - Mental health: Early Diagnosis and Preventive Treatment Program.
- AB-39 - Search warrants: electronic submission.
- AB-40 - Toll bridges: pedestrians and bicycles.
- AB-44 - Elections: statewide recounts.
- AB-51 - Vehicles: motorcycles: lane splitting.
- AB-53 - Vehicles: child safety seats.
- AB-54 - Disability access: construction-related accessibility claims: demand letters.
- AB-57 - Telecommunications: wireless telecommunication facilities.
- AB-59 - Mental health services: assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB-60 - Immigration services.
- AB-69 - Peace officers: body-worn cameras.
- AB-71 - Criminal justice: reporting.
- AB-72 - Health care coverage: out-of-network coverage.
- AB-73 - Real property: disclosure.
- AB-81 - Hospitals: seismic safety.
- AB-87 - Jurors: peremptory challenge
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesHomeless Resource Helpline Launched in PlacerAUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County residents who are experiencing homelessness now have a new, centralized gateway to housing resources.
Kindergarten Registration in Eureka Union School DistrictRoseville, CA,- Registration for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten will begin February 6th in the Eureka Union School District.
2018 William Jessup Baseball Season PreviewRocklin, Calif. - The Warriors are set to take the field for the first time in their 2018 stint ahead with great expectations under new head coach Jake McKinley and a solid recruiting class
SACOG New Board Leadership for 2018Sacramento - City of Sacramento Councilmember Jay Schenirer and City of Rancho Cordova Councilmember David Sander elected.
Donut Dash Benefit Registration Underway(Sacramento, Calif.) - The tenth annual Donut Dash will take place Saturday, March 3, at 8:30 a.m. at William Land Park in Sacramento. Proceeds will benefit the UC Davis Child Life and Creative Arts Therapy Department
BottleRock Napa Valley Lineup of Restaurants, Wineries, and Artisanal Craft Breweries & DistilleriesNAPA, CA, - Situated in the heart of America's wine and food playground, BottleRock Napa Valley, presented by JaM Cellars, has once again tapped into the region's renowned culinary talent
Thunder Valley Casino Hiring for Janitorial and HousekeepingLincoln, CA,- Thunder Valley Casino Resort is hiring for Janitorial and Housekeeping positions at a Job Fair on Wednesday,
School Strategies for Children with ADHD and ASD(Sacramento, Calif.) - On Wednesday, Jan. 24, the UC Davis MIND Institute and its Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities will host "School strategies for children with ADHD and ASD
916 Dialing Changes are Coming SoonOn February 09, 2017, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) approved an overlay that will add the new area code 279 to the 916 area code region
Tree Harvest Festival billed as Northern California's first Cannabis Harvest FestivalWoodland, CA- We are proud to present Northern California's first Cannabis Harvest Festival. We will celebrate the 420 holiday with Music, Art, and Education
Mitsubishi Outlander remains affordable SUVRoseville, CA,- Cost-conscious car shoppers should give the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander a look because it can be driven off the dealer lot for a very reasonable price.
Free Tax Assistance for Eligible ResidentsRocklin, CA- For the third year Placer County Health and Human Services will provide free tax assistance to low-income individuals and families, in cooperation with the IRS and United Way
NEWS: In Case You Missed It