New California Laws 2017 (Part 1)
Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Our annual series follows the list of laws were chaptered in California during the 2015-2016 session. For complete details and to learn the effective date of each law simply follow the respective link to the California State Legislature. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws may impact you or your business.
Part 1 includes racial mascots, immigration, tobacco, marijuana, search warrants, mental health and much more.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 1
- ABX-1 - Drought: local governments: fines.
- ABX2-1 - Developmental services: Medi-Cal: funding.
- AB-2 - Community revitalization authority.
- AB-3 - Isla Vista Community Services District.
- AB-7 - Public schools: Larry Itliong Day.
- ABX2-7 - Smoking in the workplace.
- AB-8 - Emergency services: hit-and-run incidents.
- ABX2-9 - Tobacco use programs.
- ABX2-11 - Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.
- AB-15 - Limitation of actions: human rights abuses.
- ABX2-15 - End of life.
- AB-21 - Medical marijuana: cultivation licenses.
- AB-25 - Financial aid: Cal Grant program: renewal.
- AB-30 - School or athletic team names: California Racial Mascots Act.
- AB-32 - Computer crimes.
- AB-33 - Electrical corporations: energy storage systems: long duration bulk energy storage resources.
- AB-38 - Mental health: Early Diagnosis and Preventive Treatment Program.
- AB-39 - Search warrants: electronic submission.
- AB-40 - Toll bridges: pedestrians and bicycles.
- AB-44 - Elections: statewide recounts.
- AB-51 - Vehicles: motorcycles: lane splitting.
- AB-53 - Vehicles: child safety seats.
- AB-54 - Disability access: construction-related accessibility claims: demand letters.
- AB-57 - Telecommunications: wireless telecommunication facilities.
- AB-59 - Mental health services: assisted outpatient treatment.
- AB-60 - Immigration services.
- AB-69 - Peace officers: body-worn cameras.
- AB-71 - Criminal justice: reporting.
- AB-72 - Health care coverage: out-of-network coverage.
- AB-73 - Real property: disclosure.
- AB-81 - Hospitals: seismic safety.
- AB-87 - Jurors: peremptory challenge
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines$866 Million Budget for Placer County ApprovedThe Placer County Board of Supervisors has approved the county's final 2017-18 budget of $866.2 million, an increase of 6.2 percent from the previous
Free Dementia Training on Sept. 27 for Families of Loved Ones Roseville, CA- The number of Americans living with Alzheimer's disease is expected to triple - from five million today to more than 16 million by 2050 - unless a cure is found
Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk October 8thSacramento, CA - Join the Down Syndrome Information Alliance as we unite for a common cause and raise funds at the 2017 Step Up For Down Syndrome Walk
Roseville City School District partners with Tommy Apostolos FundRoseville, Calif. - Accidents happen, which is why local nonprofit, Tommy Apostolos Fund, is launching its newest program, "Kids' Care Kits."
Sacramento Metro Chamber Small Business Development Center UpdatesSACRAMENTO, CA - In less than three years after assisting its first client in December 2014, the Sacramento Metro Chamber's Capital Region Small Business Development Center
Recovery Happens Event in Auburn September 23Auburn, CA- This annual event celebrates people recovering from substance use or mental health concerns, highlighting their success stories
New Social Host Ordinance in AuburnAUBURN, Calif. - The Auburn City Council unanimously passed a civil social host ordinance during their city council meeting.
Versatile Hyundai Ioniq: Has EV and Hybrid modeRoseville, CA - Anyone interested in purchasing the all-new 2017 Hyundai Ioniq better be proficient at decision making
Roseville Gas Price Hikes Slow Heading into AutumnRoseville, CA- Coming off recent upticks in prices, Roseville area residents have seen prices remain relatively stable this past week.
WJU Baseball adds experience and leadership to staffROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup head baseball coach Jake McKinley is pleased to introduce the new coaching staff for the Warriors, bringing years of experience and leadership
Roseville Club to Host Tennis Sectional ChampionshipRoseville, CA - The United States Tennis Association (USTA) Northern California Adult 55+ Tennis Sectional Championship will be arriving on Sept. 21-24
Our Most Vulnerable Residents: Expanding Medical Care & HousingThe Placer County Board of Supervisors recently approved two new components of the Whole Person Care pilot program: a medical respite unit that will provide interim care for at-risk clients leaving the hospital, along with a new agreement to purchase housing units
NEWS: In Case You Missed It