New California Laws 2017 (Part 14)
Roseville, CA - New California laws for 2017. Part 14 includes 101 new laws including marriage, CalWORKS, teacher credentials. rental vehicles, foster care, student loans, social services and much more.
Check back daily for the latest California's new laws that may impact you or your business.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 14
- AB-1970 - Elections: vote by mail and provisional ballots.
- AB-1974 - County recorder: recordation of documents.
- AB-1976 - Food and agriculture: marketing advisory and promotional boards, councils, and commissions.
- AB-1977 - Tribal gaming: compact amendment ratification.
- AB-1978 - Employment: property service workers.
- AB-1979 - Renewable feed-in tariff: hydroelectric facilities.
- AB-1980 - Memorial to California firefighters: modifications.
- AB-1985 - Advanced Placement credit.
- AB-1993 - Law enforcement contact process: service providers.
- AB-1995 - Community colleges: homeless students: access to shower facilities.
- AB-1997 - Foster care.
- AB-1998 - Juveniles: data collection.
- AB-1999 - Prohibited Armed Persons File: initial review.
- AB-2001 - Fully protected fish: Owens pupfish: California State Safe Harbor Agreement Program Act.
- AB-2007 - Youth athletics: youth sports organizations: concussions or other head injuries.
- AB-2010 - Voter’s pamphlet: electronic candidate statement.
- AB-2011 - Thoroughbred racing: northern, central, and southern zones: auxiliary offsite stabling, training, and vanning.
- AB-2012 - Jail Industry Authority.
- AB-2013 - Criminal procedure: arraignment pilot program.
- AB-2015 - Public social services: 2011 realignment report.
- AB-2016 - Pupil instruction: ethnic studies.
- AB-2021 - Election process: public observation: international election observers.
- AB-2022 - Advanced purified demonstration water.
- AB-2024 - Critical access hospitals: employment.
- AB-2025 - Barbering and cosmetology: labor law education requirements.
- AB-2027 - Victims of crime: nonimmigrant status.
- AB-2028 - Public employees’ retirement: involuntary termination: reinstatement.
- AB-2029 - Timber harvesting plans: exemptions.
- AB-2030 - Transportation districts: contracts.
- AB-2031 - Local government: affordable housing: financing.
- AB-2032 - Change of organization: cities: disincorporation.
- AB-2036 - Online child care job posting services: background check service providers: enforcement.
- AB-2048 - National Health Service Corps State Loan Repayment Program.
- AB-2051 - Rental passenger vehicles.
- AB-2053 - Primary care clinics.
- AB-2056 - Cal Grant Program: graduation verification.
- AB-2057 - CalFresh: victims of domestic violence.
- AB-2061 - Supervised Population Workforce Training Grant Program.
- AB-2062 - CalWORKs: income or household composition reporting: benefit redetermination.
- AB-2063 - Work-based learning opportunities: work experience education and job shadowing.
- AB-2068 - Talent services.
- AB-2071 - Vote by mail ballots.
- AB-2073 - Golf carts: City of La Verne.
- AB-2083 - Interagency child death review.
- AB-2087 - Regional conservation investment strategies.
- AB-2093 - Disability access.
- AB-2097 - Pupil records: social security numbers.
- AB-2105 - Workforce development: allied health professions.
- AB-2106 - Sellers of travel: registration.
- AB-2107 - Department of Motor Vehicles: electronic vehicle registration services: interstate carrier partnership.
- AB-2116 - School bonds: projections of assessed property valuations.
- AB-2119 - Medical information: disclosure: medical examiners and forensic pathologists.
- AB-2125 - Healthy Nail Salon Recognition Program.
- AB-2126 - Public contracts: Construction Manager/General Contractor contracts.
- AB-2128 - Marriage.
- AB-2135 - Alcoholic beverages: revenue sharing.
- AB-2137 - Postsecondary education: University of California: student transfers.
- AB-2138 - Sellers of travel.
- AB-2139 - Ocean Protection Council: ocean acidification and hypoxia.
- AB-2143 - County recorder: electronic recording.
- AB-2153 - The Lead-Acid Battery Recycling Act of 2016.
- AB-2154 - Student Aid Commission: student members.
- AB-2159 - Evidence: immigration status.
- AB-2161 - Parking lots: design: insurance discount.
- AB-2164 - Public postsecondary education: tuition and fees.
- AB-2165 - Firearms: prohibitions: exemptions.
- AB-2167 - Vehicles: towed vehicles.
- AB-2168 - Public Utilities Commission Audit Compliance Act of 2016.
- AB-2172 - Homebrewery clubs: meetings: competitions.
- AB-2176 - Shelter crisis: emergency bridge housing communities.
- AB-2180 - Land use: development project review.
- AB-2189 - Rim of the Valley Trail Corridor: boundary revisions.
- AB-2190 - Acupuncture Board: executive officer: education.
- AB-2191 - Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- AB-2192 - Court Reporters Board of California: Shorthand reporters fees: Transcript Reimbursement Fund.
- AB-2193 - California Board of Podiatric Medicine: Physician Assistant Board: extension.
- AB-2194 - California Massage Therapy Council: business of massage.
- AB-2196 - Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority.
- AB-2201 - State Board of Equalization: administration: interest.
- AB-2207 - Medi-Cal: dental program.
- AB-2208 - Local planning: housing element: inventory of land for residential development.
- AB-2211 - Registered process servers.
- AB-2212 - Pupils: suspensions and expulsions: bullying: electronic acts: video.
- AB-2215 - California State Lottery Act: California State University Lottery Education Fund: California State University Trust Fund.
- AB-2217 - Notary public: service fees.
- AB-2220 - Elections in cities: by or from district.
- AB-2221 - Criminal procedure: human trafficking witnesses.
- AB-2228 - Code enforcement officers.
- AB-2230 - Overtime compensation: private elementary or secondary academic institutions: teachers.
- AB-2231 - Care facilities: civil penalties.
- AB-2232 - Court records: misdemeanors.
- AB-2235 - Board of Dentistry: pediatric anesthesia: committee.
- AB-2244 - Court fees: electronic filing.
- AB-2246 - Pupil suicide prevention policies.
- AB-2247 - Armories.
- AB-2248 - Teacher credentialing: out-of-state trained teachers: English learner authorizations.
- AB-2249 - State parks.
- AB-2251 - Student loan servicers: licensing and regulation: Student Loan Servicing Act.
- AB-2252 - Elections: remote accessible vote by mail systems.
- AB-2254 - Armories: homeless shelter.
- AB-2257 - Local agency meetings: agenda: online posting.
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Automotive | Business | Community | Education | Finance | Health | Home Improvement
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesVolunteers Needed to Assist with Annual Kid's Shopping TripRoseville, Calif. - Placer County nonprofit Tommy Apostolos Fund is seeking nearly 800 volunteers to accompany over 500 local, underserved children on a holiday shopping trip
Yamaha THR10X The Very Best Practice Amp Ever?WOW...The Yamaha THR10X is the very best practice amp I have ever heard.
2017 Ford Fusion Energi features lot of upsideRoseville, CA - Choosing just the right versions of the Ford Fusion is similar to a tricky multiple-choice test where all the possible answers seem plausible.
Emerald Cup Adds Portugal. The Man To LineupSanta Rosa, CA - The 14th annual Emerald Cup is excited to add Portugal. The Man to the artist lineup. The Emerald Cup will take place at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa, CA
12 Days of Midtown Festivities and Fun this DecemberSACRAMENTO, Calif. - Committed to fostering a center for culture, creativity and vibrancy in Sacramento's urban core, the Midtown Association is pleased to present another season
Major UC Davis Medical Center Seismic Upgrades Underway(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - Getting ready for "the big one" - a major earthquake - is a constant focus at UC Davis Medical Center. Seismic safety planning and construction
Macy's Theatre of Lights in SacramentoOLD SACRAMENTO, Calif. - An electrifying and family-friendly holiday tradition, the ever-popular "Macy's Theatre of Lights" performances has returned to dazzle the Old Sacramento
Holiday in the Hills on the Placer Wine Trail in DecemberRoseville, CA, - Come join us and help celebrate the holidays on the Placer Wine Trail to benefit Toys for Tots. Enjoy the holidays in Placer County
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Comes to Life at This EventSacramento, Calif. - Dr. Seuss' beloved holiday tale "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will come to life at Fairytale Town's annual Winter Wonderland event.
California Bowl in Roseville November 24- 26Roseville, CA - Nov. 16, 2017 -One of the most competitive and exciting youth football tournaments on the west coast returns to Roseville over Thanksgiving weekend.
Kids with Disabilities to Get Help with Telemedicine Program (Sacramento, Calif.) - The UC Davis Department of Pediatrics has received a $2 million, five-year grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to fund a new telemedicine program
Gun Scare in Roseville at Woodcreek HighRoseville, CA, - Roseville Police find loaded handgun following alert from Woodcreek High Students.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Yellow Pages - Featured
Health and Fitness
Home Improvement and Services