New California Laws 2017 (Part 16)
Roseville, CA - 101 New California laws for 2017. Part 16 includes federal immigration policy enforcement, veterans, disability benefits, private investigators, elections, special education, and much more.
Click on the corresponding link for a law's full text. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws that may impact you or your business.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 16
- AB-2562 - Military service: benefits.
- AB-2563 - Veterans: service advocate: correctional facilities.
- AB-2566 - Notaries public: acceptance of identification.
- AB-2568 - County integrated health and human services program.
- AB-2570 - Telecommunications: universal service: reimbursement claims.
- AB-2584 - Land use: housing development.
- AB-2590 - Sentencing: restorative justice.
- AB-2591 - Insurance: electronic transmission.
- AB-2594 - Stormwater resources: use of captured water.
- AB-2605 - State government: Office of Permit Assistance.
- AB-2609 - Advertising: educational conferences.
- AB-2613 - County auditor: audits: special districts.
- AB-2615 - After school programs.
- AB-2616 - California Coastal Commission: environmental justice.
- AB-2618 - Community facilities districts: powers.
- AB-2620 - Passenger rail projects: funding.
- AB-2623 - State information security costs: annual report.
- AB-2632 - Private investigators: experience for licensure.
- AB-2635 - Public health: food access.
- AB-2636 - Certified copies of marriage, birth, and death certificates: electronic application.
- AB-2640 - Public health: HIV.
- AB-2651 - Greenway easements.
- AB-2654 - Postsecondary education: Equity in Higher Education Act.
- AB-2655 - Bail: jurisdiction.
- AB-2656 - Pupils: diploma alternatives: fee waiver: foster youth.
- AB-2659 - Elementary and secondary education: omnibus revisions.
- AB-2664 - University of California: innovation and entrepreneurship expansion.
- AB-2679 - Medical marijuana: regulation: research.
- AB-2685 - Housing elements: adoption.
- AB-2686 - Elections: all-mailed ballot elections.
- AB-2687 - Vehicles: passenger for hire: driving under the influence.
- AB-2690 - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority: contracting.
- AB-2693 - Financing requirements: property improvements.
- AB-2696 - Diabetes prevention and management.
- AB-2704 - State Capitol: Mervyn Dymally bust.
- AB-2710 - Insurance: California Insurance Guarantee Association: premium charges.
- AB-2716 - Meat processing establishment, custom livestock slaughterhouse, and poultry plants: licensing and inspectors.
- AB-2721 - Elder and dependent adult fraud: informational notice.
- AB-2722 - Transformative Climate Communities Program.
- AB-2729 - Oil and gas: operations.
- AB-2737 - Nonprovider health care districts.
- AB-2738 - School bonds: local school bonds: investment.
- AB-2739 - Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control: special on-sale general license: for-profit theater.
- AB-2744 - Healing arts: referrals.
- AB-2745 - Healing arts: licensing and certification.
- AB-2746 - Public Utilities Commission: contracts: electronic submissions.
- AB-2750 - Tissue banks.
- AB-2755 - Agriculture: bees: civil remedies.
- AB-2756 - Oil and gas operations: enforcement actions.
- AB-2759 - Corporations: agents: victims of corporate fraud compensation fund.
- AB-2761 - Marriage.
- AB-2763 - Transportation network companies: personal vehicles.
- AB-2765 - Proposition 47: sentence reduction.
- AB-2767 - Foster care: caregivers: information.
- AB-2770 - Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.
- AB-2780 - Fair Employment and Housing Council: membership: length of terms.
- AB-2785 - Special education: English learners: manual.
- AB-2790 - State Capitol Historic Region: international genocide memorial.
- AB-2791 - Community colleges: disability services.
- AB-2792 - Local law enforcement agencies: federal immigration policy enforcement: ICE access.
- AB-2797 - City and County of San Francisco: Mission Bay South Project: redevelopment plan.
- AB-2799 - Privacy: personal information: preschool and prekindergarten purposes.
- AB-2800 - Climate change: infrastructure planning.
- AB-2801 - Local government: fees and charges: written protest.
- AB-2808 - Horse racing: exchange wagering: operative extension.
- AB-2810 - Health studio services: contracts: cancellation.
- AB-2812 - Solid waste: recycling: state agencies and large state facilities.
- AB-2813 - Juvenile offenders: dual-status minors.
- AB-2815 - Pupil attendance: supervisors of attendance.
- AB-2818 - Property taxation: community land trust.
- AB-2819 - Unlawful detainer proceedings.
- AB-2820 - Crimes: price gouging: states of emergency.
- AB-2828 - Personal information: privacy: breach.
- AB-2833 - Public investment funds: disclosures.
- AB-2839 - Criminal penalties: nonpayment of fines.
- AB-2843 - Public records: employee contact information.
- AB-2844 - Public contracts: discrimination.
- AB-2845 - School safety: Safe Place to Learn Act.
- AB-2846 - Powers of appointment.
- AB-2853 - Public records.
- AB-2859 - Professions and vocations: retired category: licenses.
- AB-2861 - Electricity: distribution grid interconnection dispute resolution process.
- AB-2862 - Pupil instruction: visual and performing arts: revision of content standards.
- AB-2864 - Pupil instruction: Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882: Chinese Americans’ contributions to establishment of transcontinental railroad.
- AB-2868 - Energy storage.
- AB-2872 - Children.
- AB-2874 - Groundwater sustainability agencies: fees.
- AB-2877 - CalWORKs: rehabilitation services.
- AB-2881 - Civil law: omnibus.
- AB-2882 - Judiciary omnibus: family law.
- AB-2883 - Workers’ compensation: employees.
- AB-2884 - Insurance.
- AB-2886 - Disability benefits: eligibility determinations: benefit computations: overpayment determinations: appeals.
- AB-2887 - State Compensation Insurance Fund: out-of-state risks.
- AB-2888 - Sex crimes: mandatory prison sentence.
- AB-2889 - State government.
- AB-2890 - Drinking water and wastewater operator certification programs.
- AB-2891 - Hazardous waste: funding.
- AB-2892 - Pesticide poisoning.
- AB-2893 - Department of Toxic Substances Control: enforcement.
- AB-2899 - Minimum wage violations: challenges.
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Automotive | Business | Community | Education | Finance | Health | Home Improvement
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines$150,000 Kaiser Permanente Grant Targets Heart Attacks and StrokesAUBURN, CA - Chapa-De Indian Health is honored to receive a $150,000 grant from Kaiser Permanente, which will work to expand Kaiser Permanente's
Rocklin Charts Course for Defunct Sunset Whitney Golf Space The Rocklin City Council is scheduled to consider an opportunity proposed for the former Sunset Whitney Golf Course land at the March 28 Council Meeting.
Spring Eggstravaganza April 15-16 at Fairytale TownSacramento, Calif. - Celebrate spring with egg hunts, puppet shows, hands-on activities and more at Fairytale Town's annual Spring Eggstravaganza
Gardens of the Hills Fundraiser Tour and Crafts FairEl Dorado Hills, CA - The Assistance League of Sierra Foothills presents their 8th annual Gardens of the Hills Fundraiser Tour and Crafts Fair
Carmel Valley: Land of Honey, Wine & ArtCarmel Valley, CA- Just a short scenic drive inland from Carmel-by-the-Sea lies a delightful little village tucked in the hills that sometimes and undeservedly gets overlooked by travelers in favor of its more popular coastal neighbors.
Roseville Moose Lodge Charity Golf Tournament May 20thRoseville, CA- The Roseville Moose Lodge will be holding its second annual charity golf tournament Saturday, May 20 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club in Rocklin
Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital Foundation welcomes new president and board memberAuburn - Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital Foundation announces the appointment of a new board president, Robert Frew and board member, Suzi deFosset.
Lincoln MKZ: Luxury sedan has lots to offerRoseville, CA- We test drove the 2017 Lincoln MKZ recently for a week and came away impressed.
Corky's Corner: Golden Age Mic Pre 73 ReviewRoseville, CA- If you have a budget or bedroom studio and you are looking for a Neve type Pre amp look no further. The Golden Age Pre is for you.
Roseville Gas Prices Cool as Warmer Temps Move InRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville experienced a slight dip this past week. That's good news as the forecast shows warmer spring weather finally returning to Northern California
American Sign Language Bicentennial Celebration at WJUROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University's American Sign Language (ASL) club will host "ASL Day for All" on Saturday, April 8 at 9:30 a.m. at the growing university
Chicago the TRIBUTE to play Opera House Saloon in Roseville(ROSEVILLE, CA) - Chicago the TRIBUTE, a 9-piece tribute to the band with the horns and hits will be playing the Opera House Saloon Roseville on Thursday, March 30
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Yellow Pages - Featured
Health and Fitness
Home Improvement and Services