New California Laws 2017 (Part 16)
Roseville, CA - 101 New California laws for 2017. Part 16 includes federal immigration policy enforcement, veterans, disability benefits, private investigators, elections, special education, and much more.
Click on the corresponding link for a law's full text. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws that may impact you or your business.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 16
- AB-2562 - Military service: benefits.
- AB-2563 - Veterans: service advocate: correctional facilities.
- AB-2566 - Notaries public: acceptance of identification.
- AB-2568 - County integrated health and human services program.
- AB-2570 - Telecommunications: universal service: reimbursement claims.
- AB-2584 - Land use: housing development.
- AB-2590 - Sentencing: restorative justice.
- AB-2591 - Insurance: electronic transmission.
- AB-2594 - Stormwater resources: use of captured water.
- AB-2605 - State government: Office of Permit Assistance.
- AB-2609 - Advertising: educational conferences.
- AB-2613 - County auditor: audits: special districts.
- AB-2615 - After school programs.
- AB-2616 - California Coastal Commission: environmental justice.
- AB-2618 - Community facilities districts: powers.
- AB-2620 - Passenger rail projects: funding.
- AB-2623 - State information security costs: annual report.
- AB-2632 - Private investigators: experience for licensure.
- AB-2635 - Public health: food access.
- AB-2636 - Certified copies of marriage, birth, and death certificates: electronic application.
- AB-2640 - Public health: HIV.
- AB-2651 - Greenway easements.
- AB-2654 - Postsecondary education: Equity in Higher Education Act.
- AB-2655 - Bail: jurisdiction.
- AB-2656 - Pupils: diploma alternatives: fee waiver: foster youth.
- AB-2659 - Elementary and secondary education: omnibus revisions.
- AB-2664 - University of California: innovation and entrepreneurship expansion.
- AB-2679 - Medical marijuana: regulation: research.
- AB-2685 - Housing elements: adoption.
- AB-2686 - Elections: all-mailed ballot elections.
- AB-2687 - Vehicles: passenger for hire: driving under the influence.
- AB-2690 - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority: contracting.
- AB-2693 - Financing requirements: property improvements.
- AB-2696 - Diabetes prevention and management.
- AB-2704 - State Capitol: Mervyn Dymally bust.
- AB-2710 - Insurance: California Insurance Guarantee Association: premium charges.
- AB-2716 - Meat processing establishment, custom livestock slaughterhouse, and poultry plants: licensing and inspectors.
- AB-2721 - Elder and dependent adult fraud: informational notice.
- AB-2722 - Transformative Climate Communities Program.
- AB-2729 - Oil and gas: operations.
- AB-2737 - Nonprovider health care districts.
- AB-2738 - School bonds: local school bonds: investment.
- AB-2739 - Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control: special on-sale general license: for-profit theater.
- AB-2744 - Healing arts: referrals.
- AB-2745 - Healing arts: licensing and certification.
- AB-2746 - Public Utilities Commission: contracts: electronic submissions.
- AB-2750 - Tissue banks.
- AB-2755 - Agriculture: bees: civil remedies.
- AB-2756 - Oil and gas operations: enforcement actions.
- AB-2759 - Corporations: agents: victims of corporate fraud compensation fund.
- AB-2761 - Marriage.
- AB-2763 - Transportation network companies: personal vehicles.
- AB-2765 - Proposition 47: sentence reduction.
- AB-2767 - Foster care: caregivers: information.
- AB-2770 - Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.
- AB-2780 - Fair Employment and Housing Council: membership: length of terms.
- AB-2785 - Special education: English learners: manual.
- AB-2790 - State Capitol Historic Region: international genocide memorial.
- AB-2791 - Community colleges: disability services.
- AB-2792 - Local law enforcement agencies: federal immigration policy enforcement: ICE access.
- AB-2797 - City and County of San Francisco: Mission Bay South Project: redevelopment plan.
- AB-2799 - Privacy: personal information: preschool and prekindergarten purposes.
- AB-2800 - Climate change: infrastructure planning.
- AB-2801 - Local government: fees and charges: written protest.
- AB-2808 - Horse racing: exchange wagering: operative extension.
- AB-2810 - Health studio services: contracts: cancellation.
- AB-2812 - Solid waste: recycling: state agencies and large state facilities.
- AB-2813 - Juvenile offenders: dual-status minors.
- AB-2815 - Pupil attendance: supervisors of attendance.
- AB-2818 - Property taxation: community land trust.
- AB-2819 - Unlawful detainer proceedings.
- AB-2820 - Crimes: price gouging: states of emergency.
- AB-2828 - Personal information: privacy: breach.
- AB-2833 - Public investment funds: disclosures.
- AB-2839 - Criminal penalties: nonpayment of fines.
- AB-2843 - Public records: employee contact information.
- AB-2844 - Public contracts: discrimination.
- AB-2845 - School safety: Safe Place to Learn Act.
- AB-2846 - Powers of appointment.
- AB-2853 - Public records.
- AB-2859 - Professions and vocations: retired category: licenses.
- AB-2861 - Electricity: distribution grid interconnection dispute resolution process.
- AB-2862 - Pupil instruction: visual and performing arts: revision of content standards.
- AB-2864 - Pupil instruction: Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882: Chinese Americans’ contributions to establishment of transcontinental railroad.
- AB-2868 - Energy storage.
- AB-2872 - Children.
- AB-2874 - Groundwater sustainability agencies: fees.
- AB-2877 - CalWORKs: rehabilitation services.
- AB-2881 - Civil law: omnibus.
- AB-2882 - Judiciary omnibus: family law.
- AB-2883 - Workers’ compensation: employees.
- AB-2884 - Insurance.
- AB-2886 - Disability benefits: eligibility determinations: benefit computations: overpayment determinations: appeals.
- AB-2887 - State Compensation Insurance Fund: out-of-state risks.
- AB-2888 - Sex crimes: mandatory prison sentence.
- AB-2889 - State government.
- AB-2890 - Drinking water and wastewater operator certification programs.
- AB-2891 - Hazardous waste: funding.
- AB-2892 - Pesticide poisoning.
- AB-2893 - Department of Toxic Substances Control: enforcement.
- AB-2899 - Minimum wage violations: challenges.
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Automotive | Business | Community | Education | Finance | Health | Home Improvement
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines$866 Million Budget for Placer County ApprovedThe Placer County Board of Supervisors has approved the county's final 2017-18 budget of $866.2 million, an increase of 6.2 percent from the previous
Free Dementia Training on Sept. 27 for Families of Loved Ones Roseville, CA- The number of Americans living with Alzheimer's disease is expected to triple - from five million today to more than 16 million by 2050 - unless a cure is found
Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk October 8thSacramento, CA - Join the Down Syndrome Information Alliance as we unite for a common cause and raise funds at the 2017 Step Up For Down Syndrome Walk
Roseville City School District partners with Tommy Apostolos FundRoseville, Calif. - Accidents happen, which is why local nonprofit, Tommy Apostolos Fund, is launching its newest program, "Kids' Care Kits."
Sacramento Metro Chamber Small Business Development Center UpdatesSACRAMENTO, CA - In less than three years after assisting its first client in December 2014, the Sacramento Metro Chamber's Capital Region Small Business Development Center
Recovery Happens Event in Auburn September 23Auburn, CA- This annual event celebrates people recovering from substance use or mental health concerns, highlighting their success stories
New Social Host Ordinance in AuburnAUBURN, Calif. - The Auburn City Council unanimously passed a civil social host ordinance during their city council meeting.
Versatile Hyundai Ioniq: Has EV and Hybrid modeRoseville, CA - Anyone interested in purchasing the all-new 2017 Hyundai Ioniq better be proficient at decision making
Roseville Gas Price Hikes Slow Heading into AutumnRoseville, CA- Coming off recent upticks in prices, Roseville area residents have seen prices remain relatively stable this past week.
WJU Baseball adds experience and leadership to staffROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup head baseball coach Jake McKinley is pleased to introduce the new coaching staff for the Warriors, bringing years of experience and leadership
Roseville Club to Host Tennis Sectional ChampionshipRoseville, CA - The United States Tennis Association (USTA) Northern California Adult 55+ Tennis Sectional Championship will be arriving on Sept. 21-24
Our Most Vulnerable Residents: Expanding Medical Care & HousingThe Placer County Board of Supervisors recently approved two new components of the Whole Person Care pilot program: a medical respite unit that will provide interim care for at-risk clients leaving the hospital, along with a new agreement to purchase housing units
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Yellow Pages - Featured
Health and Fitness
Home Improvement and Services