New California Laws 2017 (Part 16)
Roseville, CA - 101 New California laws for 2017. Part 16 includes federal immigration policy enforcement, veterans, disability benefits, private investigators, elections, special education, and much more.
Click on the corresponding link for a law's full text. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws that may impact you or your business.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 16
- AB-2562 - Military service: benefits.
- AB-2563 - Veterans: service advocate: correctional facilities.
- AB-2566 - Notaries public: acceptance of identification.
- AB-2568 - County integrated health and human services program.
- AB-2570 - Telecommunications: universal service: reimbursement claims.
- AB-2584 - Land use: housing development.
- AB-2590 - Sentencing: restorative justice.
- AB-2591 - Insurance: electronic transmission.
- AB-2594 - Stormwater resources: use of captured water.
- AB-2605 - State government: Office of Permit Assistance.
- AB-2609 - Advertising: educational conferences.
- AB-2613 - County auditor: audits: special districts.
- AB-2615 - After school programs.
- AB-2616 - California Coastal Commission: environmental justice.
- AB-2618 - Community facilities districts: powers.
- AB-2620 - Passenger rail projects: funding.
- AB-2623 - State information security costs: annual report.
- AB-2632 - Private investigators: experience for licensure.
- AB-2635 - Public health: food access.
- AB-2636 - Certified copies of marriage, birth, and death certificates: electronic application.
- AB-2640 - Public health: HIV.
- AB-2651 - Greenway easements.
- AB-2654 - Postsecondary education: Equity in Higher Education Act.
- AB-2655 - Bail: jurisdiction.
- AB-2656 - Pupils: diploma alternatives: fee waiver: foster youth.
- AB-2659 - Elementary and secondary education: omnibus revisions.
- AB-2664 - University of California: innovation and entrepreneurship expansion.
- AB-2679 - Medical marijuana: regulation: research.
- AB-2685 - Housing elements: adoption.
- AB-2686 - Elections: all-mailed ballot elections.
- AB-2687 - Vehicles: passenger for hire: driving under the influence.
- AB-2690 - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority: contracting.
- AB-2693 - Financing requirements: property improvements.
- AB-2696 - Diabetes prevention and management.
- AB-2704 - State Capitol: Mervyn Dymally bust.
- AB-2710 - Insurance: California Insurance Guarantee Association: premium charges.
- AB-2716 - Meat processing establishment, custom livestock slaughterhouse, and poultry plants: licensing and inspectors.
- AB-2721 - Elder and dependent adult fraud: informational notice.
- AB-2722 - Transformative Climate Communities Program.
- AB-2729 - Oil and gas: operations.
- AB-2737 - Nonprovider health care districts.
- AB-2738 - School bonds: local school bonds: investment.
- AB-2739 - Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control: special on-sale general license: for-profit theater.
- AB-2744 - Healing arts: referrals.
- AB-2745 - Healing arts: licensing and certification.
- AB-2746 - Public Utilities Commission: contracts: electronic submissions.
- AB-2750 - Tissue banks.
- AB-2755 - Agriculture: bees: civil remedies.
- AB-2756 - Oil and gas operations: enforcement actions.
- AB-2759 - Corporations: agents: victims of corporate fraud compensation fund.
- AB-2761 - Marriage.
- AB-2763 - Transportation network companies: personal vehicles.
- AB-2765 - Proposition 47: sentence reduction.
- AB-2767 - Foster care: caregivers: information.
- AB-2770 - Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.
- AB-2780 - Fair Employment and Housing Council: membership: length of terms.
- AB-2785 - Special education: English learners: manual.
- AB-2790 - State Capitol Historic Region: international genocide memorial.
- AB-2791 - Community colleges: disability services.
- AB-2792 - Local law enforcement agencies: federal immigration policy enforcement: ICE access.
- AB-2797 - City and County of San Francisco: Mission Bay South Project: redevelopment plan.
- AB-2799 - Privacy: personal information: preschool and prekindergarten purposes.
- AB-2800 - Climate change: infrastructure planning.
- AB-2801 - Local government: fees and charges: written protest.
- AB-2808 - Horse racing: exchange wagering: operative extension.
- AB-2810 - Health studio services: contracts: cancellation.
- AB-2812 - Solid waste: recycling: state agencies and large state facilities.
- AB-2813 - Juvenile offenders: dual-status minors.
- AB-2815 - Pupil attendance: supervisors of attendance.
- AB-2818 - Property taxation: community land trust.
- AB-2819 - Unlawful detainer proceedings.
- AB-2820 - Crimes: price gouging: states of emergency.
- AB-2828 - Personal information: privacy: breach.
- AB-2833 - Public investment funds: disclosures.
- AB-2839 - Criminal penalties: nonpayment of fines.
- AB-2843 - Public records: employee contact information.
- AB-2844 - Public contracts: discrimination.
- AB-2845 - School safety: Safe Place to Learn Act.
- AB-2846 - Powers of appointment.
- AB-2853 - Public records.
- AB-2859 - Professions and vocations: retired category: licenses.
- AB-2861 - Electricity: distribution grid interconnection dispute resolution process.
- AB-2862 - Pupil instruction: visual and performing arts: revision of content standards.
- AB-2864 - Pupil instruction: Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882: Chinese Americans’ contributions to establishment of transcontinental railroad.
- AB-2868 - Energy storage.
- AB-2872 - Children.
- AB-2874 - Groundwater sustainability agencies: fees.
- AB-2877 - CalWORKs: rehabilitation services.
- AB-2881 - Civil law: omnibus.
- AB-2882 - Judiciary omnibus: family law.
- AB-2883 - Workers’ compensation: employees.
- AB-2884 - Insurance.
- AB-2886 - Disability benefits: eligibility determinations: benefit computations: overpayment determinations: appeals.
- AB-2887 - State Compensation Insurance Fund: out-of-state risks.
- AB-2888 - Sex crimes: mandatory prison sentence.
- AB-2889 - State government.
- AB-2890 - Drinking water and wastewater operator certification programs.
- AB-2891 - Hazardous waste: funding.
- AB-2892 - Pesticide poisoning.
- AB-2893 - Department of Toxic Substances Control: enforcement.
- AB-2899 - Minimum wage violations: challenges.
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Automotive | Business | Community | Education | Finance | Health | Home Improvement
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News Headlines15 Tips for Surviving Summer With Chronic Lung Disease(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - Summer days of high heat and poor air quality can be extremely challenging for those with COPD, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis and other lung conditions
Roseville to Showcase Big Trucks this JulyRoseville, CA - Watch our utility trucks lift, scope, suck and crush at Big Trucks Summer on Thursday mornings in July.
Kia Forte remains a good bargainRoseville, CA- Kia continues to improve its brand up and down its lineup. There's not a bad vehicle in the bunch.
Roseville Gas Prices Keep Local Travel More AffordableRoseville, CA - The easing of gas prices in Roseville continues into late June as Placer County travel costs decline.
Annual Warrior Golf Classic at Catta Verdera in LincolnLincoln, CA - WJU Athletics will be hosting the 19th Annual Warrior Golf Classic at Catta Verdera Country Club in Lincoln.
Leadership Rocklin Creates Community LeadersROCKLIN, Robin Trimble, CEO of the Rocklin Area Chamber of Commerce, announced that the Chamber will once again host the prestigious Leadership Rocklin program.
Roseville Flash Crime Report (6.23.17)Roseville, CA - Digest summary update of police activity for Roseville covering the period of June 12-22, 2017.
9 Classic Songs That Stand the Test of TimeRoseville, CA- Music history is filled with terrific songs that don't always age so gracefully. They often mark a point in time and include less than stellar recordings
Sacramento Public Library seeks local authorsSacramento Public Library seeks 45 local authors to showcase their work at its upcoming local author fair
16th Annual Art, Wine and Music Festival at Squaw Valley[Olympic Valley, Calif.] - The Village at Squaw Valley announces the return of the Art, Wine and Music Festival July 8 and 9, 2017.
El Dorado Winery Association to host Blind Barrel eventPLACERVILLE, CALIF. - In raucous, rebellious and Roaring Twenties style, El Dorado Winery Association will bring wine enthusiasts together to celebrate the repeal of Prohibition
Sierra College Patrons Celebrate a Successful YearRocklin, CA --The Sierra College Patrons, a support group of the Sierra College Foundation, celebrated the year just past and installed the officers who will guide the group during
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Yellow Pages - Featured
Health and Fitness
Home Improvement and Services