New California Laws 2017 (Part 16)
Roseville, CA - 101 New California laws for 2017. Part 16 includes federal immigration policy enforcement, veterans, disability benefits, private investigators, elections, special education, and much more.
Click on the corresponding link for a law's full text. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws that may impact you or your business.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 16
- AB-2562 - Military service: benefits.
- AB-2563 - Veterans: service advocate: correctional facilities.
- AB-2566 - Notaries public: acceptance of identification.
- AB-2568 - County integrated health and human services program.
- AB-2570 - Telecommunications: universal service: reimbursement claims.
- AB-2584 - Land use: housing development.
- AB-2590 - Sentencing: restorative justice.
- AB-2591 - Insurance: electronic transmission.
- AB-2594 - Stormwater resources: use of captured water.
- AB-2605 - State government: Office of Permit Assistance.
- AB-2609 - Advertising: educational conferences.
- AB-2613 - County auditor: audits: special districts.
- AB-2615 - After school programs.
- AB-2616 - California Coastal Commission: environmental justice.
- AB-2618 - Community facilities districts: powers.
- AB-2620 - Passenger rail projects: funding.
- AB-2623 - State information security costs: annual report.
- AB-2632 - Private investigators: experience for licensure.
- AB-2635 - Public health: food access.
- AB-2636 - Certified copies of marriage, birth, and death certificates: electronic application.
- AB-2640 - Public health: HIV.
- AB-2651 - Greenway easements.
- AB-2654 - Postsecondary education: Equity in Higher Education Act.
- AB-2655 - Bail: jurisdiction.
- AB-2656 - Pupils: diploma alternatives: fee waiver: foster youth.
- AB-2659 - Elementary and secondary education: omnibus revisions.
- AB-2664 - University of California: innovation and entrepreneurship expansion.
- AB-2679 - Medical marijuana: regulation: research.
- AB-2685 - Housing elements: adoption.
- AB-2686 - Elections: all-mailed ballot elections.
- AB-2687 - Vehicles: passenger for hire: driving under the influence.
- AB-2690 - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority: contracting.
- AB-2693 - Financing requirements: property improvements.
- AB-2696 - Diabetes prevention and management.
- AB-2704 - State Capitol: Mervyn Dymally bust.
- AB-2710 - Insurance: California Insurance Guarantee Association: premium charges.
- AB-2716 - Meat processing establishment, custom livestock slaughterhouse, and poultry plants: licensing and inspectors.
- AB-2721 - Elder and dependent adult fraud: informational notice.
- AB-2722 - Transformative Climate Communities Program.
- AB-2729 - Oil and gas: operations.
- AB-2737 - Nonprovider health care districts.
- AB-2738 - School bonds: local school bonds: investment.
- AB-2739 - Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control: special on-sale general license: for-profit theater.
- AB-2744 - Healing arts: referrals.
- AB-2745 - Healing arts: licensing and certification.
- AB-2746 - Public Utilities Commission: contracts: electronic submissions.
- AB-2750 - Tissue banks.
- AB-2755 - Agriculture: bees: civil remedies.
- AB-2756 - Oil and gas operations: enforcement actions.
- AB-2759 - Corporations: agents: victims of corporate fraud compensation fund.
- AB-2761 - Marriage.
- AB-2763 - Transportation network companies: personal vehicles.
- AB-2765 - Proposition 47: sentence reduction.
- AB-2767 - Foster care: caregivers: information.
- AB-2770 - Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.
- AB-2780 - Fair Employment and Housing Council: membership: length of terms.
- AB-2785 - Special education: English learners: manual.
- AB-2790 - State Capitol Historic Region: international genocide memorial.
- AB-2791 - Community colleges: disability services.
- AB-2792 - Local law enforcement agencies: federal immigration policy enforcement: ICE access.
- AB-2797 - City and County of San Francisco: Mission Bay South Project: redevelopment plan.
- AB-2799 - Privacy: personal information: preschool and prekindergarten purposes.
- AB-2800 - Climate change: infrastructure planning.
- AB-2801 - Local government: fees and charges: written protest.
- AB-2808 - Horse racing: exchange wagering: operative extension.
- AB-2810 - Health studio services: contracts: cancellation.
- AB-2812 - Solid waste: recycling: state agencies and large state facilities.
- AB-2813 - Juvenile offenders: dual-status minors.
- AB-2815 - Pupil attendance: supervisors of attendance.
- AB-2818 - Property taxation: community land trust.
- AB-2819 - Unlawful detainer proceedings.
- AB-2820 - Crimes: price gouging: states of emergency.
- AB-2828 - Personal information: privacy: breach.
- AB-2833 - Public investment funds: disclosures.
- AB-2839 - Criminal penalties: nonpayment of fines.
- AB-2843 - Public records: employee contact information.
- AB-2844 - Public contracts: discrimination.
- AB-2845 - School safety: Safe Place to Learn Act.
- AB-2846 - Powers of appointment.
- AB-2853 - Public records.
- AB-2859 - Professions and vocations: retired category: licenses.
- AB-2861 - Electricity: distribution grid interconnection dispute resolution process.
- AB-2862 - Pupil instruction: visual and performing arts: revision of content standards.
- AB-2864 - Pupil instruction: Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882: Chinese Americans’ contributions to establishment of transcontinental railroad.
- AB-2868 - Energy storage.
- AB-2872 - Children.
- AB-2874 - Groundwater sustainability agencies: fees.
- AB-2877 - CalWORKs: rehabilitation services.
- AB-2881 - Civil law: omnibus.
- AB-2882 - Judiciary omnibus: family law.
- AB-2883 - Workers’ compensation: employees.
- AB-2884 - Insurance.
- AB-2886 - Disability benefits: eligibility determinations: benefit computations: overpayment determinations: appeals.
- AB-2887 - State Compensation Insurance Fund: out-of-state risks.
- AB-2888 - Sex crimes: mandatory prison sentence.
- AB-2889 - State government.
- AB-2890 - Drinking water and wastewater operator certification programs.
- AB-2891 - Hazardous waste: funding.
- AB-2892 - Pesticide poisoning.
- AB-2893 - Department of Toxic Substances Control: enforcement.
- AB-2899 - Minimum wage violations: challenges.
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Automotive | Business | Community | Education | Finance | Health | Home Improvement
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesBottleRock Napa Valley 2018 Lineup and Single Day Passes NAPA, CA- Single day general admission and VIP passes for the sixth annual BottleRock Napa Valley music, wine, food and craft brew festival, presented by JaM Cellars on May 25 - 27, 2018
Toyota C-HR, a stylish new subcompact SUV unveiledRoseville, CA- The all-new 2018 Toyota C-HR, a subcompact crossover sport utility vehicle that is similar to a hatchback.
Roseville Gas Prices Up: Where You Can Save MoneyRoseville, CA,- Residents in Roseville and throughout Placer County have watched as gas prices have pushed upward to being the new year.
WJU Warriors Clinch First Conference Win over HopeROCKLIN, Calif. - The Lady Warriors took Horton Court for the second time this week, last taking on No. 1 in the nation,
Roseville Teacher Under Investigation for Sexual Harassment Following ArticleRoseville, CA- An email went out this morning in Roseville addressing concerns over a Roseville teacher who is under investigation relating to allegations of sexual harassment and unprofessional behavior
Placer County Appoints New CEOAuburn, CA,- Following a nationwide search, Placer County has selected Todd Leopold as its new county executive officer.
Rocklin completes purchase of former Sunset Whitney Golf ClubRocklin, CA,- The City of Rocklin has completed the purchase of approximately 184 acres of land that was previously the site of the Rocklin Golf Club
Former Roseville Mayor Rocky Rockholm DiesRoseville, CA,- Former Roseville Mayor and Placer County District I Supervisor F.C. "Rocky" Rockholm passed away yesterday after a short illness at the age of 73.
3,200 False Burglar Alarms in Roseville in One YearThe Roseville Police Department responded to approximately 3,200 false burglar alarms in 2016. That's an average of 8.75 service calls every day of the year for a non-crime purpose
Placer SPCA Searches for the Hero Next DoorRoseville, Calif. - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2018 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 17th Annual Funny Bones Comedy Show & Awards Night
Placer Community Foundation's 2018 Scholarship Applications Placer Community Foundation invites local high school seniors and current college students to apply for scholarship awards for the 2018-2019 year
BottleRock Napa Valley Sells Out of 3-Day Festival PassesNAPA, CA - January 9, 2018: BottleRock Napa Valley, presented by JaM Cellars, has announced that all 3-day passes for the sixth annual music, wine, food and craft brew festival have sold out.
NEWS: In Case You Missed It
Yellow Pages - Featured
Health and Fitness
Home Improvement and Services