New California Laws 2017 (Part 18)
Roseville, CA - 100 New California laws for 2017. Part 18 includes parole, vaccinations, disability access, foster care:psychotropic medication, diploma alternatives, drinking water standards, elder abuses, prostitution and more.
Click on the corresponding link for a law's full text. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws that may impact you or your business.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 18
- SB-219 - Prisons: alternative custody.
- SB-221 - State public employees: sick leave: veterans with service-related disabilities.
- SB-222 - Local agencies: school bonds: general obligation bonds: statutory lien.
- SB-225 - Medical waste.
- SB-226 - Sustainable Groundwater Management Act: groundwater adjudication.
- SB-227 - Grand juries: powers and duties.
- SB-230 - Sentencing: parole.
- SB-231 - Transportation programs.
- SB-232 - School accountability: California Collaborative for Educational Excellence: state administrator.
- SB-235 - Small dollar loans: finder duties and compensation.
- SB-236 - Public streets, highways, and public service easements.
- SB-238 - Foster care: psychotropic medication.
- SB-239 - Local services: contracts: fire protection services.
- SB-241 - Neighborhood electric vehicles.
- SB-242 - School security: surplus military equipment.
- SB-244 - Mobilehomes: injunctions.
- SB-246 - Climate change adaptation.
- SB-247 - Charter bus transportation: safety improvements.
- SB-252 - Pupils: diploma alternatives: fees.
- SB-254 - Campaign finance: voter instruction.
- SB-255 - State government: Commission on the Status of Women and Girls.
- SB-261 - Youth offender parole hearings.
- SB-266 - Probation and mandatory supervision: flash incarceration.
- SB-269 - Disability access.
- SB-272 - The California Public Records Act: local agencies: inventory.
- SB-273 - State real property: surplus.
- SB-276 - Medi-Cal: local educational agencies.
- SB-277 - Public health: vaccinations.
- SB-282 - Health care coverage: prescription drugs.
- SB-284 - Engineering and land surveying: limited liability partnerships.
- SB-285 - Pawnbrokers: compensation: loans.
- SB-287 - Automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
- SB-294 - Public employment: military service: credit.
- SB-295 - Pipeline safety: inspections.
- SB-299 - Medi-Cal: provider enrollment.
- SB-300 - Pawnbrokers: regulations.
- SB-302 - Claims against the state: appropriation.
- SB-303 - Controlled substances: destruction of seized marijuana.
- SB-304 - State claims.
- SB-307 - Restraining orders.
- SB-319 - Child welfare services: public health nursing.
- SB-324 - Income taxation: savings plans: Qualified ABLE Program.
- SB-325 - Alcoholic beverages.
- SB-326 - Courts: penalties: emergency services funding.
- SB-327 - Industrial Welfare Commission: wage orders: meal periods.
- SB-328 - Landlords: notice of pesticide use.
- SB-331 - Public contracts: local agencies: negotiations.
- SB-335 - Earthquake insurance.
- SB-337 - Physician assistants.
- SB-340 - Dissolution: disclosure.
- SB-342 - California Workforce Investment Board: responsibilities.
- SB-343 - Corrections: inmates.
- SB-348 - California Environmental Quality Act: exemption: railroad crossings.
- SB-350 - Clean Energy and Pollution Reduction Act of 2015.
- SB-351 - Corporations.
- SB-352 - Elder abuse.
- SB-354 - California Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act of 2013: joint powers authority: employees.
- SB-355 - San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers and Mountains Conservancy.
- SB-358 - Conditions of employment: gender wage differential.
- SB-359 - California Mathematics Placement Act of 2015.
- SB-361 - Antimicrobial stewardship: education and policies.
- SB-363 - Attorney’s fees: book accounts.
- SB-365 - Vote by mail ballot drop-off locations.
- SB-366 - Ballot materials: translations.
- SB-371 - School districts: special taxes.
- SB-374 - Local agency design-build projects: transit districts.
- SB-379 - Land use: general plan: safety element.
- SB-380 - Natural gas storage: moratorium.
- SB-382 - Juveniles: jurisdiction: sentencing.
- SB-383 - Civil actions: objections to pleadings.
- SB-385 - Primary drinking water standards: hexavalent chromium: compliance plan.
- SB-386 - Unlawful business practices.
- SB-387 - State Bar: attorneys: annual membership fees: meetings: public records.
- SB-388 - Health care coverage: solicitation and enrollment.
- SB-396 - Health care: outpatient settings and surgical clinics: facilities: licensure and enforcement.
- SB-399 - Tidelands and submerged lands: City of Los Angeles.
- SB-404 - Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
- SB-405 - Failure to appear in court: fines.
- SB-407 - Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program: licensed midwives.
- SB-408 - Midwife assistants.
- SB-410 - California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
- SB-411 - Crimes.
- SB-412 - Public postsecondary education: The California Promise.
- SB-413 - Public transit: prohibited conduct.
- SB-414 - Oil spill response.
- SB-415 - Voter participation.
- SB-416 - Public schools: elementary and secondary education.
- SB-418 - California State University: readmission.
- SB-419 - Mobilehomes: homeowners: sale.
- SB-420 - Prostitution.
- SB-421 - Refineries: turnarounds.
- SB-422 - Santa Clara Valley Open-Space Authority.
- SB-423 - Surplus household consumer product waste: management.
- SB-424 - Law enforcement: communications.
- SB-425 - City of El Monte: maintenance of effort: streets and roads allocations.
- SB-426 - Annuities: cash surrender benefits.
- SB-432 - Public works: aliens.
- SB-436 - Education: omnibus bill.
- SB-438 - Earthquake safety: statewide earthquake early warning program and system.
- SB-439 - Election procedures.
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesHoliday in the Hills on the Placer Wine Trail in DecemberRoseville, CA, - Come join us and help celebrate the holidays on the Placer Wine Trail to benefit Toys for Tots. Enjoy the holidays in Placer County
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Comes to Life at This EventSacramento, Calif. - Dr. Seuss' beloved holiday tale "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will come to life at Fairytale Town's annual Winter Wonderland event.
California Bowl in Roseville November 24- 26Roseville, CA - Nov. 16, 2017 -One of the most competitive and exciting youth football tournaments on the west coast returns to Roseville over Thanksgiving weekend.
Kids with Disabilities to Get Help with Telemedicine Program (Sacramento, Calif.) - The UC Davis Department of Pediatrics has received a $2 million, five-year grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to fund a new telemedicine program
Gun Scare in Roseville at Woodcreek HighRoseville, CA, - Roseville Police find loaded handgun following alert from Woodcreek High Students.
Ford can 'Focus' on its futureRoseville, CA,- Not many people are probably aware, but the Ford Focus has been among the top-selling cars in the world, and even held the top spot in 2013.
$1.5 Million in Grants for Sacramento-area NonprofitsRoseville, CA,- Kaiser Permanente has awarded 52 grants totaling more than $1.5 million to local not-for-profit organizations, schools and public entities in Sacramento, Yolo and Placer counties.
Roseville Gas Prices Up 20 Percent Year from Last YearRoseville, CA,- Gas prices in Roseville ticked up slightly this past week. Following on the heels on California's $5 billion a year gas tax hike
Holiday Safety Tips by Roseville Police Dept.Roseville, CA,- The holiday season is a busy and festive time. While you're busy preparing, criminals are stepping up their efforts to increase their holiday haul.
Fishing Club Monthly Breakfast in AuburnThe Rooster Tails Fishing Club monthly breakfast will be held at the Auburn Elks Lodge at 195 Pine Street in Auburn on November 17
Placer County Regional Bikeway Plan UpdateAs Placer County experiences dramatic growth in population, new homes and businesses, the popularity of cycling grows at the same time
Orange is New Pink 5K Walk for Breast CancerOrange is the New Pink 5K Walk for Breast Cancer will take place Sunday, Dec. 3 at Mandarin Hill Orchards in Penryn
NEWS: In Case You Missed It