New California Laws 2017 (Part 18)
Roseville, CA - 100 New California laws for 2017. Part 18 includes parole, vaccinations, disability access, foster care:psychotropic medication, diploma alternatives, drinking water standards, elder abuses, prostitution and more.
Click on the corresponding link for a law's full text. Check back daily for the latest California's new laws that may impact you or your business.
New California Laws 2017 - Part 18
- SB-219 - Prisons: alternative custody.
- SB-221 - State public employees: sick leave: veterans with service-related disabilities.
- SB-222 - Local agencies: school bonds: general obligation bonds: statutory lien.
- SB-225 - Medical waste.
- SB-226 - Sustainable Groundwater Management Act: groundwater adjudication.
- SB-227 - Grand juries: powers and duties.
- SB-230 - Sentencing: parole.
- SB-231 - Transportation programs.
- SB-232 - School accountability: California Collaborative for Educational Excellence: state administrator.
- SB-235 - Small dollar loans: finder duties and compensation.
- SB-236 - Public streets, highways, and public service easements.
- SB-238 - Foster care: psychotropic medication.
- SB-239 - Local services: contracts: fire protection services.
- SB-241 - Neighborhood electric vehicles.
- SB-242 - School security: surplus military equipment.
- SB-244 - Mobilehomes: injunctions.
- SB-246 - Climate change adaptation.
- SB-247 - Charter bus transportation: safety improvements.
- SB-252 - Pupils: diploma alternatives: fees.
- SB-254 - Campaign finance: voter instruction.
- SB-255 - State government: Commission on the Status of Women and Girls.
- SB-261 - Youth offender parole hearings.
- SB-266 - Probation and mandatory supervision: flash incarceration.
- SB-269 - Disability access.
- SB-272 - The California Public Records Act: local agencies: inventory.
- SB-273 - State real property: surplus.
- SB-276 - Medi-Cal: local educational agencies.
- SB-277 - Public health: vaccinations.
- SB-282 - Health care coverage: prescription drugs.
- SB-284 - Engineering and land surveying: limited liability partnerships.
- SB-285 - Pawnbrokers: compensation: loans.
- SB-287 - Automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
- SB-294 - Public employment: military service: credit.
- SB-295 - Pipeline safety: inspections.
- SB-299 - Medi-Cal: provider enrollment.
- SB-300 - Pawnbrokers: regulations.
- SB-302 - Claims against the state: appropriation.
- SB-303 - Controlled substances: destruction of seized marijuana.
- SB-304 - State claims.
- SB-307 - Restraining orders.
- SB-319 - Child welfare services: public health nursing.
- SB-324 - Income taxation: savings plans: Qualified ABLE Program.
- SB-325 - Alcoholic beverages.
- SB-326 - Courts: penalties: emergency services funding.
- SB-327 - Industrial Welfare Commission: wage orders: meal periods.
- SB-328 - Landlords: notice of pesticide use.
- SB-331 - Public contracts: local agencies: negotiations.
- SB-335 - Earthquake insurance.
- SB-337 - Physician assistants.
- SB-340 - Dissolution: disclosure.
- SB-342 - California Workforce Investment Board: responsibilities.
- SB-343 - Corrections: inmates.
- SB-348 - California Environmental Quality Act: exemption: railroad crossings.
- SB-350 - Clean Energy and Pollution Reduction Act of 2015.
- SB-351 - Corporations.
- SB-352 - Elder abuse.
- SB-354 - California Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act of 2013: joint powers authority: employees.
- SB-355 - San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers and Mountains Conservancy.
- SB-358 - Conditions of employment: gender wage differential.
- SB-359 - California Mathematics Placement Act of 2015.
- SB-361 - Antimicrobial stewardship: education and policies.
- SB-363 - Attorney’s fees: book accounts.
- SB-365 - Vote by mail ballot drop-off locations.
- SB-366 - Ballot materials: translations.
- SB-371 - School districts: special taxes.
- SB-374 - Local agency design-build projects: transit districts.
- SB-379 - Land use: general plan: safety element.
- SB-380 - Natural gas storage: moratorium.
- SB-382 - Juveniles: jurisdiction: sentencing.
- SB-383 - Civil actions: objections to pleadings.
- SB-385 - Primary drinking water standards: hexavalent chromium: compliance plan.
- SB-386 - Unlawful business practices.
- SB-387 - State Bar: attorneys: annual membership fees: meetings: public records.
- SB-388 - Health care coverage: solicitation and enrollment.
- SB-396 - Health care: outpatient settings and surgical clinics: facilities: licensure and enforcement.
- SB-399 - Tidelands and submerged lands: City of Los Angeles.
- SB-404 - Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
- SB-405 - Failure to appear in court: fines.
- SB-407 - Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program: licensed midwives.
- SB-408 - Midwife assistants.
- SB-410 - California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
- SB-411 - Crimes.
- SB-412 - Public postsecondary education: The California Promise.
- SB-413 - Public transit: prohibited conduct.
- SB-414 - Oil spill response.
- SB-415 - Voter participation.
- SB-416 - Public schools: elementary and secondary education.
- SB-418 - California State University: readmission.
- SB-419 - Mobilehomes: homeowners: sale.
- SB-420 - Prostitution.
- SB-421 - Refineries: turnarounds.
- SB-422 - Santa Clara Valley Open-Space Authority.
- SB-423 - Surplus household consumer product waste: management.
- SB-424 - Law enforcement: communications.
- SB-425 - City of El Monte: maintenance of effort: streets and roads allocations.
- SB-426 - Annuities: cash surrender benefits.
- SB-432 - Public works: aliens.
- SB-436 - Education: omnibus bill.
- SB-438 - Earthquake safety: statewide earthquake early warning program and system.
- SB-439 - Election procedures.
Stay up to date, don't miss a segment. Follow the entire series online at: New California Laws for 2017
Pet Care | Real Estate | Restaurants | Tech | View All | * Add/Upgrade Business
Placer County News HeadlinesBottleRock Presents Announces Concerts and Festival AftershowsNAPA, Calif. -- BottleRock Napa Valley, presented by JaM Cellars, has sold out all passes to the festival's sixth installment on May 25 - 27, 2018 in downtown Napa
Mesa Verde Country Top 5 Winter Experiences in Southwest ColoradoCortez, Colo. - Mesa Verde Country in Southwest Colorado is a great winter destination. The area boasts mountains, sunshine and everything travelers need for the perfect cold-weather getaway
BottleRock Presents Vines & VibesNapa, CA, - BottleRock Napa Valley presents Vines & Vibes, the fourth annual Do It For The Love Benefit Dinner and Concert on Thursday, May 24, 2018, on the rooftop of the Archer Hotel
2018 Lexus GX570 remains luxurious SUVRoseville, CA,- What most drivers will like about the 2018 Lexus LX570 is the combination of gracious around-town capability and its ability to go off-road in rugged winter conditions
Tree Harvest Cannabis Festival Cancelled, Fall Dates PossibleWoodland, CA- The cannabis themed Tree Harvest Festival scheduled for April 20- 22, 2018 has been cancelled due to a municipality withdrawing authorization
Roseville Gas Prices Ease SlightlyRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville have eased slightly this past week despite the strong upward trend and anticipation of prices pushing toward the $4 gallon mark
Roseville City School District to Share $400,000 Grant(Roseville, CA) - Roseville City School District (RCSD) is poised to be the recipient of $400,000, all aimed to benefit its middle school students through
Kay U. Brooks presented with Don Poole AwardSacramento, CA,- Attorney Kay U. Brooks of Weintraub Tobin was recently awarded the Sacramento Region Community Foundation's prestigious Don Poole Award for her significant contributions
Arson Damage at Margaret Azevedo Park in RocklinRocklin, CA,- On February 17th 2018 at about 10:38 PM, Rocklin Police Officers responded to Margret Azevedo Park in the report of a play structure on fire
Roseville City School District Honors Teachers of the Year(Roseville, CA) - The Roseville City School District (RCSD) recently announced their Teachers of the Year. Heidi Polewaczyk and Michael Larsen have been selected
Roseville Gas Prices Throttling HigherRoseville, CA- A quick look around Roseville had motorists noticing gas prices trending upward. Prices in Roseville have pushed past the $3 mark
IHOP Pancake Drive-thru Benefits UC Davis Children's Hospital(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - On Monday, Feb. 26, pancake lovers can drive through, eat their fill of short-stack pancakes and make a donation to support sick and injured children at UC Davis Children's Hospital
NEWS: In Case You Missed It