Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Police Bust Nets $40,000 Cash, Guns and MethRoseville narcotics detectives suspected that Joshua Holmboe was both selling illegal drugs directly to users and also supplying lower-level drug dealers, and that some of those drugs were then being sold and used in Roseville.
Governor Brown Signs Bill to Help Disabled VeteransLegislation sponsored by George Runner to protect California's disabled veterans has become law. Senate Bill 1113, authored by Senator Steve Knight (R-Antelope Valley),
Roseville Chamber Events October 2014Roseville, CA -- The Roseville Chamber of Commerce featured events for the month of October 2014.
Sacramento Area Gas Prices Down AgainAverage retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.61/g yesterday, according to
Nontraditional Employment for Women Event in RocklinSierra College seeks sponsors for the second Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW) event on October 17
$160,000 for Scholarships Raised at WJU Anniversary GalaJessup's Gala Honored 75th Anniversary and those who brought the Growing University to Placer County
Wakefield Gets SA Chapters RunningMy featured person this week, Margery Wakefield, of Lansing, Michigan, has had lifelong struggles with schizophrenia, a mental health disability.
Overcharged Tax on an Auto Purchase? Get Your RefundUnfortunately, I've been hearing from my constituents that the Department of Motor Vehicles is overcharging tax on their vehicle purchases.
Ford Focus Sportier and More RefinedFord redesigned the Focus two years ago and has produced a fairly sporty and refined compact car that has received strong statements of approval from prominent auto publications.
King Fire: Rain Gives Firefighters Upper HandCalifornia Fire Update: Rainfall across Northern California aided firefighters in their efforts towards containment of the 3 remaining wildfires in California. Smokey conditions persist in Roseville and Placer County.
Roseville Man Arrested in Arson InvestigationRobert De Los Santos, age 43 of Roseville, was arrested on suspicion of arson in connection with the September 23 fire.
Get Help When Buying a New HouseMagnumOne Realty agent/owner, Julie Jalone, gives some valuable advice to Sacramento and Roseville home buyers who are considering new construction for their next house.