Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesWJU names Lance Von Vogt as New Athletic DirectorROCKLIN, CA - William Jessup University, the Sacramento area's only residential four-year private university, announced today that Lance Von Vogt has been named Athletic Director.
BerryFest 2016 in Roseville this WeekendRoseville, CA- Come and celebrate the harvest of the strawberry on Mother's Day this weekend May 7 & 8 in Roseville at the Fairgrounds.
Rocklin Brewfest at Johnson-Springview Park June 4thROCKLIN - To some people, it's just beer. But to aficionados, it's a special brew carefully created with a view toward crafting a unique and pleasing taste.
Sun City Lincoln Hills Amphitheater Summer ConcertsLincoln, CA- South Placer's burgeoning music scene continues to add a dynamic and widening array of talent to the growing list of quality venues.
4 Arrrested in South Sac Triple HomicideSacramento County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Detectives have made four arrests in connection to the recent murder of three family members in South Sacramento.
Five Steps to Sell Your HomeRealtor, Julie Jalone of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville, gives five proven tips to help homeowners prepare their homes to be sold.
Supervisors Look to Next Year's Budget ChallengesAuburn, CA- Ahead of the county's submission June 7 of a draft budget for the next fiscal year, the board of supervisors considered expected funding needs and challenges.
PCWA Raises Credit Rating, Refinances DebtAUBURN, Calif. - The Placer County Water Agency (PCWA) announced that it has completed the refinancing of approximately $26 million of its debt.
PlacerGROWN Farmers' Markets Opening for Summer SeasonRoseville, CA- Four seasonal PlacerGROWN Farmers' Markets are opening for the 2016 summer season, providing a plethora of produce options for residents of Placer County
Roseville Flash Crime Report (5.3.16)Roseville, CA- Flash crime report digest summary update for Roseville, CA on May 2, 2016.
Chrysler 200: Improved and solid midsize sedanRoseville, CA- Looking to make a move upward and become more of a challenger to its competitors, the folks at Chrysler completely redesigned the Chrysler 200
Roseville Gas Prices Up and DownRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville and the region have trended upward this past week. However, at some of low price leaders in Roseville