Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesBlast 825° Pizza in Roseville OpensBlast 825 in Roseville at 1132 Galleria Blvd, Suite 100 celebrates the opening of its newest location.
Sampler Concert in Rocklin at Sierra CollegeThe Sierra College Music Department is proud to present a Sampler Concert on Sunday, September 28th at 3:00pm in Dietrich Theatre on the Sierra College Rocklin Campus
William Jessup University to Host Worship ConferenceROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University will host the fifth annual Worship Conference on Saturday, September 27 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
New Protections for Animal Control OfficersAssemblywoman Beth Gaines (R-Roseville)announced that Governor Brown has signed her legislation (Assembly Bill 1511) to provide greater protections for animal control officers in California
California Statewide Fire Summary (9.23.14)California Fire Update: This morning over 8,100 firefighters continue to battle 5 major wildfires burning in California. Yesterday afternoon firefighters fully contained the Nelson Fire
California Fires Summary: King Fire Rages OnCalifornia Fire Update: This morning nearly 6,500 firefighters continue to battle 6 major wildfires burning in California
California Fires May Close Placer County SchoolsCalifornia Fire Update: Placer County public health officials said Monday that a smoke-related Air Quality Advisory remains in effect, emphasizing that they are working closely with school officials on whether to close schools
Gas Prices Continue Downward TrendAverage retail gasoline prices in Sacramento have fallen 2.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.66/g yesterday
California Statewide Fire Summary: King Fire 10 Percent Contained California Fire Update: Today 6,700 CAL FIRE, local and federal firefighters remain on the frontlines of 6 major wildfires across California.
Subaru BRZ: An Old-School Sports CarThe 2015 Subaru BRZ, a sports car smartly designed for driving enthusiasts who want to own a light, agile car that can provide that elusive fun factor while also looking cool.
California Statewide Fire Summary: King Fire over 80,000 Acres California Fire Update: Firefighters are concerned on the King Fire that this may shift the direction of the fire pushing it back to the South
PCWA Board Declares King Fire EmergencyCalifornia Fire Update: Auburn, CA- Critically important power generation, residential, maintenance, and storage facilities of the Placer County Water Agency