Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville and Rocklin Men among those Caught in StingDuring a two-day sting operation last week (October 19-20, 2016) in Folsom (Sacramento County), investigators from CSLB's Statewide Investigative Fraud Team (SWIFT) cited 35 people for various illegal contracting charges.
In Roseville: Creating an Ecosystem of EntrepreneurshipWhat do Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Auburn, Foresthill, Loomis, Colfax, Kings Beach and Tahoe City all have in common?
Solutions sought in North Tahoe Affordable Housing CrisisKINGS BEACH, Calif. -- Placer County continues to work on ways to improve workforce housing in the North Lake Tahoe region.
Send Silence Packing hosted by Sierra CollegeRocklin, CA - Send Silence Packing is a nationally recognized traveling exhibition of 1,100 donated backpacks, representing the number of college students lost to suicide
Harvest Carnival for Deaf Children in RocklinROCKLIN, Calif., - William Jessup University's American Sign Language Program will host a free Harvest Carnival for all children learning or wanting to learn sign language
Over 500,000 Meals for Malnourished ChildrenROCKLIN - A local effort to pack meals for malnourished children around the world successfully packed 505,440 meals over a three-day period
2 Sporting Events Slated for RocklinRocklin, CA - William Jessup University (WJU) in Rocklin will host the 10th Annual Bill Holtz Warrior Classic on Nov. 4-5 and the Golden State Athletic Conference
Placer County Animal Services Center Now OpenAUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County's new Animal Services Center opened its doors to the public today in North Auburn. Now that all the animals have been relocated from their dated
Squaw Valley Ski Museum Foundation hires Executive Director(Olympic Valley, CA) - Squaw Valley Ski Museum Foundation (SVSMF) announces that Sandy Chio has joined the organization as Executive Director
Roseville Flash Police Report (10.24.16)Roseville, CA- Roseville police activity and summary report for the period covering October 12-21, 2016.
Subaru Outback features off-road capabilityRoseville, CA- It's considered a sport utility vehicle, but could easily be mistaken for a wagon. I'm guessing the folks at Subaru could care less how the 2017 Subaru Outback
Roseville Gas Price Competition Heats UpRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville have eased slightly during the past week. Competition among the low price leaders has tightened