Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesAmerican Heart Association: Placer County a Fit-Friendly WorksiteAUBURN, Calf. -- Placer County employees have happy hearts. Placer has been recognized by the American Heart Association as a Gold Fit-Friendly Worksite
Mom and Son with DisabilitiesMary Anne Fleury of Elizabeth, Colorado, has experienced disability from nearly every angle.
Roseville Flash Crime Report (2.10.16)Roseville, CA- Police activity and crime log digest summary for the period of February 3-9, 2016.
Roseville Region Gets Influx of Incoming U-HaulsRoseville, CA- The Roseville- Sacramento region ranks 2nd in the nation for incoming one-way truck rentals according to recent U-Haul news.
Placer SPCA Seeks Nominations for 2016 Hero AwardsRoseville, CA - Placer SPCA is seeking nominations for the 2016 Hero Awards, to be presented at the 15th annual Funny Bones Comedy & Awards Night
Placer County Moves Forward on Homelessness ApproachContinuing to address homelessness in Placer County and improve the quality of life for residents, the board of supervisors voted unanimously today to pursue a regional approach
Your Health: Not Getting Blood TestsIt is extremely unfortunate that most patients will not even think of going to a doctor until they have symptoms, which
2016 Housing Market UpdateRealtor, Julie Jalone, of MagnumOne Realty in Roseville writes about the housing market performance predictions presented by the chief economist of the National Association of Realtors at a recent conference.
New California Laws for 2016 (Final)Roseville, CA - The final installment for New California laws for 2016.
Placer SPCA Announces 2016 Board of DirectorsRoseville, CA - On January 18th, the Placer SPCA announced the election of its 2016 Roseville, CA - The Placer SPCA recently announced the election of its 2016 Officers for the Board of Directors.
Roseville Gas Price Wars: Under $1.90 a GallonRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville are pushing to lows not seen in a very long time. Costco and ARCO continue to dominate the leaderboard
2016 Subaru Forester: Reliable compact SUVRoseville, CA- The Subaru Forester is a no-frills SUV that embraces Subaru's practical approach to auto making.