Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesShouldn't California Have the Best Roads By Now?If high taxes guaranteed results, then California should have some of the best roads in the nation.
Roseville Gas Prices Skyrocketing: Find the Lowest PricesRoseville gas prices are skyrocketing with average retail gasoline prices up approximately 40 cents this week alone.
Run 4 Roseville April 26th on Maidu ParkRun 4 Roseville will take places on Sunday, April 26th 8:30am at Maidu Community Park in Roseville.
Rocklin Hit By Overnight Crime SpreeRocklin Police Department responded to several reports of vandalisms, burglaries, and stolen vehicles and 15 reported vandalisms.
Mark Randall on Making Products Customers LoveIn Rocklin March 11th, Sierra College and Hacker Lab Present Mark Randall Speaking on "Making Products Customers Love"
50 Days of the Dead: Brokedown PalaceDecember 12, 1971 version of the Grateful Dead doing Brokedown Palace at Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor Michigan
Reliability remains Honda Accord calling cardHonda has historically produced a great vehicle in the Accord, which has been at or near the top of midsize class for many years.
Bullers Went from Journalist to AdvocateLast week, I featured long-time journalist and disability advocate Finn Bullers of Kansas City, Kansas. I'm now featuring him again because of the breadth and depth of his accomplishments
50 Days of the Dead: Playing In The BandAn extended, psychedelic version of Playing In The Band from the show that would be filmed and released as Sunshine Daydream.
Roseville Proposes 16.5 Percent Rate Hike for WaterThe City of Roseville is holding two community meetings in March to update customers about proposed water and wastewater utility rate increases.
San Juan Water District Responds to CVP Federal Water AllocationsDrought Watch: We all know that California is facing an extraordinary drought. This morning's announcement of federal water allocations through the Central Valley Project is indicative
California Legislation to Refund Illegal TaxesBoard of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner announced today he is sponsoring legislation to extend common sense protections to taxpayers. Assembly Bill 867