Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesDermatomyositis: Woman Battles Weakness, RashIn 1993, and only two weeks after having given birth to her second child, Becki Lanser of Cary, North Carolina, was experiencing severe muscle weakness and fatigue.
Jeep Grand Cherokee: More Refined Than EverA 2014 "refreshening" has given the Grand Cherokee a more modern, sophisticated look that will have admirers giving it the double take.
People & Culture Days in Rocklin October 22- 23Rocklin, CA - Have you ever sampled Persian food? Have you listened to Peruvian music? Can you make a Japanese origami crane? Would you like to get a henna tattoo?
Heartstoppers Haunted House Frightening Ghosts and Ghouls You will be scared out of your wits for a good cause this October as the Heartstoppers Haunted House returns to the former Mine Shaft venue
PCWA Encourages Rapid Watershed ProtectionIn wake of the King Fire, the Placer County Water Agency is encouraging expanded and rapid remediation of heavily burned National Forest Lands to protect water quality of the Rubicon River watershed before winter storms.
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Thunder Valley on New Year's EveGuests will have the chance to purchase tickets to Thunder Valley Casino Resort's much anticipated $100k Big Easy New Year's Eve Celebration Main Event- as tickets go on sale Saturday, October 18 for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Ebola Virus: Oral and Facial Surgeons AdvisoryThe California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS) has issued an advisory to all oral and facial surgeons in California that provides important guidance on Ebola virus
$24 Million Makeover for South Tahoe's MontBleu ResortRenovations exceeding $24 million at MontBleu Resort that include the casino floor, convention center and all 437-rooms from the 17th floor and down will begin
Roseville California Crime Brief (10.17.14)Crime brief report for Roseville, California for October 17, 2014
Free Drip Irrigation Workshop in Granite BayDrought Watch: Saturday October 18, San Juan Water District experts will be hosting a free water conservation workshop for its customers and neighbors
2014 Rocklin MobilePack Gets Boost from Wells FargoA three-day, all-volunteer effort for area residents to pack meals for malnourished children around the world has received a big boost from Wells Fargo.
141 Pounds of Weed, Psychedelic Mushrooms in Roseville Police BustBrian Lee Feld Getz, age 36 of Grass Valley and Timothy Conway Reimer, age 33 of Philadelphia were jailed on suspicion of possessing and selling marijuana, and conspiracy.