Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesRoseville Chamber of Commerce Events June 2015The Roseville Chamber of Commerce gears up for another month of business events for June 2015.
Roseville Sorority Chapter Supports Former Foster Youth at Sierra CollegeSusan Goto and Carol Sue Acres, representing the Alpha Delta Kappa Beta ETA Chapter in Roseville, stopped by the Sierra College Foundation Office
Tahoe City Bridge Nears ApprovalTahoe Regional Planning Agency Board vote remains for final approval of new bridge in Tahoe City
PAC Track and Field Championships in Rocklin at Whitney HighRocklin, CA - The Pacific Association Youth Championships (PAC) for track and field will take place at Whitney High School in Rocklin on May 30-31.
Roseville Gas Prices Tick Down: Find the Best DealsRoseville gas prices are down slightly this week and are expected to have peaked for 2015. That's good news for summer travelers and commuters.
Adult Literacy in Placer CountyA local business owner in her mid-30's recently contacted the Placer Adult Literacy Service (PALS) requesting tutoring.
Lexus LS 460: Performance & LuxuryWhen you get behind the wheel of the LS 460, there's no second guessing that this is indeed a luxury sedan.
Roseville Crime Report Digest Update (5.26.15)The Roseville Police Department's weekly crime report digest update, May 26, 2015.
Attempted Murder Arrest in RocklinJoseph Thomas Spera, 22, from Auburn was arrested by Rocklin Police for attempted murder of victim by stabbing.
Pediatric Telemedicine Consults Deliver Cost SavingsResearchers at UC Davis have conducted a comprehensive study to determine whether pediatric telemedicine consultations with rural emergency departments
50 Days of the Grateful Dead: Sugar MagnoliaIn a nod to the recent Dear Jerry Celebration held at the Merriweather Post Pavilion and an online request, we step back in time 32 years to June 1983.
Memorial Day Weekend : All Aboard as Railroad Season BeginsWhen the whistle blows Memorial Day weekend it will be full steam ahead this summer aboard the historic Virginia & Truckee Railroad