Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesJazz Sampler Concert Sunday in RocklinRocklin, CA -The Sierra College Music Department is proud to present a Sampler Concert on Sunday, September 25th
WJU Opens New Science LabROCKLIN, Calif. - William Jessup University recently announced the opening of its new Gandy Chemistry Lab to students this semester, thus paving the way
Sacramento Capital Cup Fundraising Shatters $500,000 Goal Roseville, Calif. - Organizers of the Sacramento Capital Cup announced that they have surpassed their $500,000 fundraising goal
Lincoln Showcase Tonight at Beermann PlazaLincoln, CA- Lincoln Showcase returns to Beermann Plaza tonight with local food, wine and craft beer and live music.
Weekend Starts Here: Autumn Kicks Off with Fun EventsRoseville, CA- The first weekend of autumn will see a return of warmer weather along with a fun assortment of local events in the Roseville and Rocklin area
Video: Roseville State of the City AddressRoseville, CA- Roseville Mayor Carol Garcia kicks off the 2016 State of the City address highlighting the city of Roseville's strengths.
Oktoberfest at The Village at Squaw Valley September 24thSquaw Valley kicks off fall with the return of Oktoberfest, featuring authentic German craft beer, food, music and Bavarian-themed competitions.
Paid Placer County Poll Workers NeededAUBURN, Calif. -- Can't get enough of this year's election? The best seats in the house on Election Day are still available - and we'll pay you to take them.
Free Design & Engineering Advice in Rocklin and SacramentoRocklin, -- In celebration of National Manufacturing Day, on October 7, 2016, Sierra College, SME Sacramento Valley and Hacker Lab
Trash Talk Community Meeting in Roseville October 4thRoseville, CA - The Western Placer Waste Management Authority will host its sixth annual community meeting Tuesday, Oct. 4, at 6 p.m. to discuss odors and other operational issues
Mazda CX-9 a major hit with redesignRoseville, CA- The V6 engine is gone and the horsepower has been reduced, which leaves one wondering just what the heck Mazda was thinking when it put together the redesigned CX-9
Free Health & Wellness Fair September 23 in RocklinRocklin, CA -- Did you know that right here in Placer County there are a wide range of Health and Wellness services designed just for seniors and their caregivers?