Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesCampgrounds Open Along Middle Fork of American RiverAUBURN, Calif. - With the arrival of Memorial Day weekend, the United States Forest Service has announced the opening of campgrounds at French Meadows and Hell Hole Reservoirs
Roseville Flash Crime Report (5.26.17)Roseville, CA- Summary digest of Roseville Police selected activity log covering the period of May 19- 26, 2017.
2017 Acura MDX: classy and versatileRoseville, CA- Now in its eighth year of production by Honda's luxury division, the 2017 Acura MDX is a midsize luxury crossover SUV that is appealing for a variety of reasons.
2017 PlacerArts Summer Concert SeriesAuburn, CA- The annual and free Auburn Summer Concert Series returns for another season beginning June 11, 2017
Affordable Housing Fee Workshops in Auburn and Kings BeachAUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County has scheduled two housing fee study workshops in June, one in Kings Beach and another in Auburn
USA Fastpitch Competition in South Placer County this JuneRocklin, CA --USA Fastpitch is coming to Roseville, Lincoln and Rocklin June 2-4 for three days of softball competition.
City of Roseville's $507 Million Proposed Operating BudgetRoseville, CA- The City of Roseville's proposed operating budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 is available for review
San Juan Water District Receives Excellence in Financial Reporting AwardGranite Bay, Calif. - The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada awarded the San Juan Water District
Sports Stars Join Rocklin Golf Fundraiser at Whitney OaksHall of Famer Willie Brown, Jim Plunkett, Daryle Lamonica, Charles Woodson, Phil Villapiano, Rod Martin and several more Oakland Raiders headline a dazzling field
Silversun Pickups Summer Tour with Third Eye BlindFollowing their upcoming BottleRock Napa Valley performance, this summer, Silversun Pickups will embark on a 30-date amphitheater tour opening for Third Eye Blind. The "Summer Gods" Tour celebrates Third Eye Blind's 20th anniversary
Garland Ranch Regional Park: Tranquility in Monterey CountyCarmel Valley, California - The "granddaddy" of the Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District, Garland Ranch is a fine elder statesman of parks.
Roseville Firefighters Union Blast City's Proposed Staffing CutsRoseville, Calif. - With rising temperatures and fire season upon us, city leaders in Roseville have proposed drastic staffing cuts to the Roseville Fire Department