Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesBuying a Home is Still Better Than RentingRoseville, CA-- Home prices continue to rise faster than incomes and new employment, but it is still more cost efficient to own a home than to rent.
Parking Fees being levied at Hidden FallsAUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County's Hidden Falls Regional Park in North Auburn is a gem of a park. Unfortunately, parking can be hard to find, especially during weekends
$22.5 Million Approved for Placer County BuildingsAUBURN, Calif. -- Placer County Board of Supervisors approve an investment plan that will allocate a minimum of $4.5 million annually over the next five years
Placer SPCA Sees Success in Waiving Adoption FeesRoseville, Calif. - Adoption fees are waived for all animals, without exception, at the Placer SPCA during the month of August for its "full hearts, empty kennels" campaign
Classic Car Show in Grass Valley August 25(Grass Valley, CA) Cascades of Grass Valley, a senior living community located at 415 Sierra College Drive in Grass Valley, will be hosting a classic car show on Friday, August 25
Warriors Set to Start 2017 Volleyball CampaignROCKLIN, Calif. - The William Jessup women's volleyball team will start the season this week hosting the Warrior Invitational
Podcasts for Fundraising Professionals and DonorsWith that goal in mind, Eric Hogue and David Pineschi of William Jessup University are regularly producing light-hearted podcasts each month
Mono County Events for Scenic Adventure SeekersMONO COUNTY, Calif. - After record-setting snowfall that refilled lakes and rivers, leaving glistening snow on high peaks and meadows below
Lowest Reported Gas Prices in RosevilleRoseville, CA- Gas prices in Roseville and Rocklin are holding relatively steady as residents shift from summer vacations back to school and work
WJU Volleyball signs Isabella MauricioROCKLIN, Calif. - The women's volleyball head coach, Shasta Millhollin announced the signing of Isabella Mauricio from Foster City, Calif. to the 2017-18 roster.
Foam Fest Craft Beer and Live Music Festival[Olympic Valley, Calif.] - Achieve Tahoe (formerly Disabled Sports USA Far West) will host its 28th annual "Foam Fest" fundraising event
The Great Banquet in Roseville October 7thROSEVILLE, Calif., - Joni and Friends Sacramento will hold its fourth bi-annual event titled "The Great Banquet" at Bayside Church in Roseville on October 7, 2017