Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesVolunteers Needed to Assist with Annual Kid's Shopping TripRoseville, Calif. - Placer County nonprofit Tommy Apostolos Fund is seeking nearly 800 volunteers to accompany over 500 local, underserved children on a holiday shopping trip
Yamaha THR10X The Very Best Practice Amp Ever?WOW...The Yamaha THR10X is the very best practice amp I have ever heard.
2017 Ford Fusion Energi features lot of upsideRoseville, CA - Choosing just the right versions of the Ford Fusion is similar to a tricky multiple-choice test where all the possible answers seem plausible.
Emerald Cup Adds Portugal. The Man To LineupSanta Rosa, CA - The 14th annual Emerald Cup is excited to add Portugal. The Man to the artist lineup. The Emerald Cup will take place at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa, CA
12 Days of Midtown Festivities and Fun this DecemberSACRAMENTO, Calif. - Committed to fostering a center for culture, creativity and vibrancy in Sacramento's urban core, the Midtown Association is pleased to present another season
Major UC Davis Medical Center Seismic Upgrades Underway(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - Getting ready for "the big one" - a major earthquake - is a constant focus at UC Davis Medical Center. Seismic safety planning and construction
Macy's Theatre of Lights in SacramentoOLD SACRAMENTO, Calif. - An electrifying and family-friendly holiday tradition, the ever-popular "Macy's Theatre of Lights" performances has returned to dazzle the Old Sacramento
Holiday in the Hills on the Placer Wine Trail in DecemberRoseville, CA, - Come join us and help celebrate the holidays on the Placer Wine Trail to benefit Toys for Tots. Enjoy the holidays in Placer County
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Comes to Life at This EventSacramento, Calif. - Dr. Seuss' beloved holiday tale "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will come to life at Fairytale Town's annual Winter Wonderland event.
California Bowl in Roseville November 24- 26Roseville, CA - Nov. 16, 2017 -One of the most competitive and exciting youth football tournaments on the west coast returns to Roseville over Thanksgiving weekend.
Kids with Disabilities to Get Help with Telemedicine Program (Sacramento, Calif.) - The UC Davis Department of Pediatrics has received a $2 million, five-year grant from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to fund a new telemedicine program
Gun Scare in Roseville at Woodcreek HighRoseville, CA, - Roseville Police find loaded handgun following alert from Woodcreek High Students.