Heal yourself and the planet
Pessimism and despair lead to diseased individuals and to a diseased planet. Despite the inescapable bad news, the Jan. 20 inauguration of the 44th
My question is, can we use these consecutive days of hope to inspire us to “roll up our sleeves,” and commit ourselves to answering President Kennedy’s inaugural call nearly a half century ago: to “ask … what you can do for your country.” Your service, locally or globally, is one important step in revitalizing your health!
The following is a partial list of potentially life-changing things you can do to improve your health and the health of our world.
1. Because you have 100% control of your attitude - you can decide to be healthy and to live in joy and peace, as Viktor Frankl did in the Nazi concentration camps. If he could do it in such extraordinary circumstances, so can we.
2. Accept your genes; love your body, strive for health more than exterior appearance.
3. Life and death are flip sides of the same coin. Accepting life includes accepting death.
4. Forgive oneself and others. Not forgiving leads to many body, mind and spirit diseases. I plead with you – let it go! Being hard on yourself will kill you!
5. Some stress is avoidable. If you feel stressed out, honestly examine your life and empower yourself and determine what perceptions and decisions in your life you can change to help you feel more at peace.
6. In all your relationships, examine yourself first, before blaming others.
7. Resolve interpersonal conflicts nonviolently, without resentment or anger.
8. Live simply (live within your means, reduce clutter, downsize).
9. Daily movement (aerobic, flexibility, strength) is the fountain of vitality. Use exercise for transportation.
10. Nutrition: For optimal muscle mass and weight control, eat breakfast and 3-5 smaller meals per day; eat whole, unprocessed organic foods.
11. Sleep: For optimal hormone secretion get to sleep by 10-11 pm, and for at least 7- 8 hours. If you can’t get to sleep or stay asleep without pills, investigate the cause.
12. Worry less about what others think!
13. Transforming emotional addictions into preferences (see Handbook of Higher Consciousness). There’s no law that says you have to react emotionally when people don’t do as you wish.
14. Have gratitude for everything!
15. Be humble. Love yourself as you are - strengths and limitations.
16. Strive for “excellence,” not perfectionism (especially true for mothers).
17. Be generous
18. Laugh often; have a sense of humor.
19. Be optimistic; have hope; avoid imagining the worst.
20. Follow your conscience.
21. Seek Truth. If you want the truth from others – don’t fly off the handle. Be reasonable.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesChicago the TRIBUTE to play Opera House Saloon in Roseville(ROSEVILLE, CA) - Chicago the TRIBUTE, a 9-piece tribute to the band with the horns and hits will be playing the Opera House Saloon Roseville on Thursday, March 30
Roseville Criminal Activity Heats UpRoseville, CA- As the weather heats up, so does Roseville criminal activity. The Roseville police log digest update for the ten-day period covering March 10-20, 2017.
Free STD and STI Testing and Treatment in Roseville(Roseville, CA) - Sierra Pregnancy & Health (SPH) announced they have begun offering free testing and treatment for STD/STIs, including gonorrhea and chlamydia
Placer County Government Center ProposalAUBURN, Calif. -- After considerable analysis, stakeholder engagement, design and planning, the Placer County Board of Supervisors were presented a plan for a re-envisioned Placer County Government
Ghost in the Shell coming to IMAXGhost in the Shell: An IMAX 3D Experience opens at the Esquire IMAX Theatre on March 30 at 7:00 p.m
Auburn Art Walk begins April 7The Auburn Art Walk will take place on the first Friday of April, June, August and October 2017, from 6 pm to 9 pm
Achieve Tahoe to Host Ability Challenge Fundraiser at Squaw ValleyAlpine Meadows, CA - Achieve Tahoe, a leading provider of winter and summer adaptive sports instruction at all ability levels for adults and children with disabilities
Guys and Dolls at William Jessup University in AprilROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University's Creative Arts department presents Guys and Dolls for six weekend performances, starting April 7-8-9.
Prenatal Health Services to begin at Auburn Health CenterAUBURN, CA - Chapa-De Indian Health is proud to announce that its Auburn Health Center will begin providing prenatal health services to patients starting this week.
Roseville Skatetown to Host Curling BonspielRoseville, CA -Brand New Barrel Bonspiel Brings 16 California Curling Teams to Roseville on March 24-26.
Placer Valley Tourism to operate Placer County FairgroundsAUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved Placer Valley Tourism, a private nonprofit organization, as the new operator of the Placer County Fairgrounds
Roseville Gas Price Competition StiffensRoseville, CA - Competition has stiffened as Roseville gas prices were mostly flat during this past week.