The secret to quelling the fire - Could you use the gift of health this holiday season? You can transform your health and energy in as little as two weeks by adhering to the "anti-inflammatory nutritional plan" detailed below.
While naturopathic doctors individualize their dietary regimes for each patient, this short term diet has proven amazing for many people. Often, due to lifestyle choices, inflammation can develop and show up in many different forms in our bodies, often times while we are unaware. Our internal organs can become inflamed in such cases as autoimmune diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, heart disease and cancers, and many others. Most of us could really benefit from quelling the firestorm inside with this anti-inflammatory plan.
I would like to share this anti-inflammatory plan with all who read this column so that you can improve your health and start feeling better as soon as possible. Most patients show rapid and significant health progress, including: weight loss, clearer thinking, better digestion, relief of pain and fatigue, better memory and mood, lower blood pressure and less migraines - to name just a few.
The two week anti-inflammatory nutritional plan includes the following acceptable foods:
- All fruit, especially berries (except all citrus)
- All vegetables (if joint pain, no tomatoes, eggplant, peppers or potatoes).
- All nuts and seeds (except peanuts and cashews)
- All beans and lentils (except soy)
- Starches OK: brown rice, oats, quinoa, amaranth, teff, millet, buckwheat
- Dairy substitutes OK: almond/rice milk
- Animal protein foods OK: all fish, lean poultry, wild game
- Oils/fats OK: Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, flax, sesame, walnut and macadamia
- Sweets OK: xylitol, stevia, brown rice syrup
- Spices OK, especially turmeric, ginger and others
- Beverages OK: Filtered water, herbal tea, seltzer
The foods to eliminate:
- Corn and all gluten: wheat, rye, barley, spelt and kamut
- Dairy: whey (especially protein powders), milk, cheese, cream, yogurt, butter, kefir, ice cream
- Eggs, beef, pork, bacon, sausages
- Anything in food label that says "hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated," shortening, margarine, non-dairy creamer, some salad dressings, margarine
- White, brown or raw sugars; maple syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, all artificial sweeteners
- Ketchup, mustard, pickle-relish, soy sauce and barbecues sauce
- Soft drinks, alcohol, coffee, black tea, other caffeine-containing beverages
If you would like to lose abdominal fat, also cut down on carbohydrates. If you do not exercise like the Amish (14,000 to 16,000 steps per day), do not eat like them. Eat carbohydrates in proportion to how much you move each day.
When in doubt if a food is on or off the program, do not eat it.
Take a total of 10,000 to 15,000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily for the rest of December, unless you have been tested over 50 on the Vitamin D 25 OH test, and then 4,000 per day beginning in January.
Find healthy ways to deal with your emotions. Toxic emotions such as anger, depression, and excessive worry or anxiety can also lead the body out of balance. Exercise for at least 30 minutes daily, unless contraindicated by your doctor.
It is usually easier to follow the plan eating at home, than at restaurants. The key is to plan ahead so that when you are hungry, you always have a "safe" option.
If you feel better, and the diet is working for you, stay on it indefinitely.
Dr. Dennis Godby, Doctor of Naturopathy, Sutter Medical Foundation.
He may be reached online or at his Sacramento Office (916) 446-2591.
Placer County News HeadlinesChicago the TRIBUTE to play Opera House Saloon in Roseville(ROSEVILLE, CA) - Chicago the TRIBUTE, a 9-piece tribute to the band with the horns and hits will be playing the Opera House Saloon Roseville on Thursday, March 30
Roseville Criminal Activity Heats UpRoseville, CA- As the weather heats up, so does Roseville criminal activity. The Roseville police log digest update for the ten-day period covering March 10-20, 2017.
Free STD and STI Testing and Treatment in Roseville(Roseville, CA) - Sierra Pregnancy & Health (SPH) announced they have begun offering free testing and treatment for STD/STIs, including gonorrhea and chlamydia
Placer County Government Center ProposalAUBURN, Calif. -- After considerable analysis, stakeholder engagement, design and planning, the Placer County Board of Supervisors were presented a plan for a re-envisioned Placer County Government
Ghost in the Shell coming to IMAXGhost in the Shell: An IMAX 3D Experience opens at the Esquire IMAX Theatre on March 30 at 7:00 p.m
Auburn Art Walk begins April 7The Auburn Art Walk will take place on the first Friday of April, June, August and October 2017, from 6 pm to 9 pm
Achieve Tahoe to Host Ability Challenge Fundraiser at Squaw ValleyAlpine Meadows, CA - Achieve Tahoe, a leading provider of winter and summer adaptive sports instruction at all ability levels for adults and children with disabilities
Guys and Dolls at William Jessup University in AprilROCKLIN, CA. - William Jessup University's Creative Arts department presents Guys and Dolls for six weekend performances, starting April 7-8-9.
Prenatal Health Services to begin at Auburn Health CenterAUBURN, CA - Chapa-De Indian Health is proud to announce that its Auburn Health Center will begin providing prenatal health services to patients starting this week.
Roseville Skatetown to Host Curling BonspielRoseville, CA -Brand New Barrel Bonspiel Brings 16 California Curling Teams to Roseville on March 24-26.
Placer Valley Tourism to operate Placer County FairgroundsAUBURN, Calif. -- The Placer County Board of Supervisors today approved Placer Valley Tourism, a private nonprofit organization, as the new operator of the Placer County Fairgrounds
Roseville Gas Price Competition StiffensRoseville, CA - Competition has stiffened as Roseville gas prices were mostly flat during this past week.